Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Powder Coat
Powder Coat Division Associate (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: too simple
Unload, Load, and Powder coat various medical equipment. Also inspect for damages and make sure that everything is good to go before releasing to the next area of the company.
over all i liked working there.
COURIER (Former Employee), Brecksville, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: fast pace environment, job security
Cons: long hours
I would start at 700am answer the phone take orders handle hot runs until the others came in at 830am. i would deliver implants and intruments to various hospital in ohio. i learned alot about the bussness, where to go in hospitals to drop off implants and inst. for surgery. my coworkers are the best. the hardest part was getting implants and instr. – more... from same day surgery to go to other hospitals. the most enjoyable part was when everything came together and the surgeries came off with out a hitch. – less
Temporary position, co-workers great group.
PRODUCTION MATERIALS PLANNER - CONTRACT (Former Employee), Fremont, CASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: strong company
Cons: lack of formal industry standard structure
Typical 8 to 5 job Starting with a 8:30 production meeting followed by Shortage meeting. I was training to use Oracle 12R, wrote desk top instructions for Planning, Materials, MRP and Warehouse. For the most part great group of co-works, very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the lack of stucture. The most enjoyable part of the job was working – more... with Orcle trainers. – less
Sound Company with a strong Future
Receptionist (Former Employee), Portage, MISeptember 24, 2013
Pros: generous benefit plan
Cons: hard to get hired in
This company expects alot from their workers however, they reward you well.
Stryker
Associate Integration Specialist (Current Employee), 100% TravelSeptember 24, 2013
Stryker is a good company with good benefits and important products.
The job I had required 100% travel, and that was not a good fit for me personally.
Stryker is a high pressure, high demanding place to work.
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 22, 2013
I have worked at Stryker for eight years and have seen many people come and go. They come in with the want to do good, and many find how hard it is to work there.
Excellent benefits, culture and sales compensation
Sales (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2013
Fantastic company to work for with EXCELLENT benefits. 100% commission based sales creates a competitive work environment, but very fulfilling and motivating.
Highly talented and accomplished with experience in Customer Experience, Operations, Distribution and Business Development
Account Rep/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: working with patients.
Cons: no more room for growth.
Manage of Account North and South Texas , LA , Arizona
Manage all invoicing, customer service and billing for Stryker Performance Solutions
Manage numerous Projects as well as Product Launches
Great company, but supports a culture that is difficult for family-oriented individuals to maintain
Accounting (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free fruit in the morning
Cons: insane hours and some managers too direct
Some areas were terrific to work for, some not so much depending on the manager. Lots of room for improved software system. Good products, takes pride in quality and growth.
Exciting environment, fast-paced, always different
Sales Associate - Joint Replacements (Former Employee), SacramentoAugust 28, 2013
Pros: travel, attention to detail is necessary, respect for a job well done
Cons: inflexible as a part-time position
We would get to the hospital at about 7 am and make sure we had all of our implants, surgical instruments, and templating prepared. We checked with the surgical staff to make sure the procedure and instruments were familiar and accounted for. Surgeon performed joint replacement, and we are responsible to make sure instruments and components are used – more... properly and in accordance with design for use. Call on doctors in free time to discover needs, and find opportunities to bring new surgeons in to use our product line. Set up lunches and presentations to meet surgeon/patient needs. SELL.
I learned so much about the medical field and my interest in the human body. Learned mechanics of joint motion and specifics on implant materials and ways they replicate natural joint motion.
Loved my rep. Had a lot of change in management. Co-workers were fun but took job seriously, which is great.
Hardest part of the job was being ready to act when an implant is dropped on the floor, or a patient is an out-of-the ordinary size (for the implant), or if there is something that goes awry during surgery.
I loved the fast-paced nature of the work, the camaraderie of the hospital staff, surgeons, co-workers. I loved being active and gaining respect through hard work, reliability, and being able to solve a problem in a pinch. – less
Friendly environment
QA Tester (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJAugust 28, 2013
Management and coworkers are so nice and friendly. Have learned a lot of new things.
Good company, but...
Medical Device Assembler/Line Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good overall pay
Cons: management needs to learn how to treat their employees better!
Needs better management. While working there, one manager will tell you to do something while an engineer will try to change it. Very confusing. If there are problems between employees, management will not find a resolution to the issue. Instead, they seem to instigate the problems further.
Job security without opportunity for advancement.
Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaAugust 8, 2013
Good experience without room for advancement. High pressure environment in the operating room with experience gained in medical devices and relationship building with medical professionals. Gain technical acumen.
Great Staff, Varied work, Technically challenging
Design Engineer within Research and Development (Current Employee), Cork, IrelandAugust 8, 2013
Pros: travel to the us, scope to try out new innovative designs.
Cons: long hours, overtime expected of the staff. management style is outdated.
At Stryker people are generally given a project and sent on your way. A lot of new hires who have little experience learn the hard way how to navigate the working world. There is a lot expected of staff but this is a good thing as well as the responsibility is empowering and provides its own challenges.

Typically a lot of the job revolves around finding – more... a balance between getting technical engineering work done and filling in the necessary paperwork required for a medical devices company.

The management style seems a bit outdated with a lot of emphasis put on the power of criticism
The other staff are generally supportive to each other and a good technically strong team has been built up here over the years.

The most difficult part of the job is maintaining a work life balance.

The most enjoyable part is seeing your designs and creations in the hands of surgeons and being able to get immediate feedback from them about how your products will save lives. – less
Demanding but rewarding company
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: healthcare, work environment
Cons: management turnover
One of best medical companies to work for. Large territories and alot of travel. Significant Management turnover in 5 yrs. Learned about capital/disposable sales, neuro, spine, ENT, orthopedics, trauma.
High paced work enviorment, always on the go.
Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2013
High standards continued growth, having the ablility to estimate monthly forecast and meeting annual quota.
Competitive, challenging environment.
Associate Product Manager - Foot & Ankle Division (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJAugust 2, 2013
Fulfilling, however, unconventional management; poor communication amongst team members; which ultimately leads to struggles
An enjoyable work atmosphere challenges it's employees
Accounting/Accounts Payable Intern (Current Employee), Allendale, NJJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good development
Cons: networking opportunities could be a little better
Stryker is not a Fortune 100 company for no reason; they take good care of their employees and always look to bring the best out of them. I enjoy my time working with the Stryker team and I learned plenty from how to operate the oracle software to utilizing microsoft excel in a proficient manner.
Great Place to work
Distribution and Return Supervisor (Current Employee), Flower Mound TexasJuly 21, 2013
Great environment, with great team members. Stryker is a talent based company that values an employee's talents as well as experience.
Stryker Review
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJuly 18, 2013
Stryker was a good place to work, they deal with hip replacements, knee replacements, the only part that was very unpleasant about this job, is that you have to start through an agency who doesn't provide raises or benefits.

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more