Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work.
Generalist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2013
Pros: clean working environment
Cons: management
Steady work hrs you can either be on first shift second shift or third. Overtime is available. Ive learned a great deal working there and feel i was a great working with great quality skills and performing the job right and affective. Management i would say varies. Co-workers are good people to work with. No hard part about the job was you get use to – more... your work its very easy. Enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what you are working on is going to help the life's of people. – less
Good company to work for
Lead Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, days off, good pay.
Cons: no real room for advancement even with a college degree
Field service technicians jobs may vary from account to account, but my experience was always high demand and high volume. I worked with nurses and surgeons and provided on site technical support for endoscopy systems and instrumentation. I was promoted to a Lead position and supervised three techs at what is considered the hardest account in the country.
Firefighter
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 13, 2013
your typiacl day is spent working as a firefighter, training, and working to become better at your skills.
work
medical - Production associate (Former Employee), plant cityOctober 11, 2013
I enjoy meeting new people and staying busy at work. I am always looking for more work to do once I have completed a task.
Great Internship & Learning Experience
Materials Science Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Lakeland and Gainesville FloridaOctober 7, 2013
Worked as an Intern with Styker Sustainability. Enjoyed a well rounded engineering internship. From a materials engineering stand point, I was in charge of characterizing materials within devices for 510K FDA clearances. However I also learned a lot about mechanical engineering; I created custom fixtures and machines to help take apart devices, learned – more... of numatic machinery, as well as 3D modeling software.

The most enjoyable part of my internship was having to constantly come up with new ideas and processes. – less
Okay for starting out to gain experience
Internal Audit Staff (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 3, 2013
Pros: health insurance is reasonable
Cons: poor communication, politics & no training
The company is heavily focused on sales. So much so that infrastructures, standards and processes have not been managed or developed properly for a company this size. Overall employees are given a lot of exposure to different areas of the company and there is very useful for someone without any experience to get involved in projects because so many – more... areas can be improved. There is no work/life balance. They mention is but they really only care about you getting results no matter how much time is needed for that to happen. – less
n/a
n/a (Former Employee), n/aSeptember 30, 2013
You have to pass a gallup poll test, which is dumb. Missing out on good working people.
Powder Coat
Powder Coat Division Associate (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: too simple
Unload, Load, and Powder coat various medical equipment. Also inspect for damages and make sure that everything is good to go before releasing to the next area of the company.
over all i liked working there.
COURIER (Former Employee), Brecksville, OHSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: fast pace environment, job security
Cons: long hours
I would start at 700am answer the phone take orders handle hot runs until the others came in at 830am. i would deliver implants and intruments to various hospital in ohio. i learned alot about the bussness, where to go in hospitals to drop off implants and inst. for surgery. my coworkers are the best. the hardest part was getting implants and instr. – more... from same day surgery to go to other hospitals. the most enjoyable part was when everything came together and the surgeries came off with out a hitch. – less
Temporary position, co-workers great group.
PRODUCTION MATERIALS PLANNER - CONTRACT (Former Employee), Fremont, CASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: strong company
Cons: lack of formal industry standard structure
Typical 8 to 5 job Starting with a 8:30 production meeting followed by Shortage meeting. I was training to use Oracle 12R, wrote desk top instructions for Planning, Materials, MRP and Warehouse. For the most part great group of co-works, very friendly. The hardest part of the job was the lack of stucture. The most enjoyable part of the job was working – more... with Orcle trainers. – less
Sound Company with a strong Future
Receptionist (Former Employee), Portage, MISeptember 24, 2013
Pros: generous benefit plan
Cons: hard to get hired in
This company expects alot from their workers however, they reward you well.
Stryker
Associate Integration Specialist (Current Employee), 100% TravelSeptember 24, 2013
Stryker is a good company with good benefits and important products.
The job I had required 100% travel, and that was not a good fit for me personally.
Stryker is a high pressure, high demanding place to work.
Facilities Specialist (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 22, 2013
I have worked at Stryker for eight years and have seen many people come and go. They come in with the want to do good, and many find how hard it is to work there.
Excellent benefits, culture and sales compensation
Sales (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2013
Fantastic company to work for with EXCELLENT benefits. 100% commission based sales creates a competitive work environment, but very fulfilling and motivating.
Highly talented and accomplished with experience in Customer Experience, Operations, Distribution and Business Development
Account Rep/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: working with patients.
Cons: no more room for growth.
Manage of Account North and South Texas , LA , Arizona
Manage all invoicing, customer service and billing for Stryker Performance Solutions
Manage numerous Projects as well as Product Launches
Great company, but supports a culture that is difficult for family-oriented individuals to maintain
Accounting (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free fruit in the morning
Cons: insane hours and some managers too direct
Some areas were terrific to work for, some not so much depending on the manager. Lots of room for improved software system. Good products, takes pride in quality and growth.
Exciting environment, fast-paced, always different
Sales Associate - Joint Replacements (Former Employee), SacramentoAugust 28, 2013
Pros: travel, attention to detail is necessary, respect for a job well done
Cons: inflexible as a part-time position
We would get to the hospital at about 7 am and make sure we had all of our implants, surgical instruments, and templating prepared. We checked with the surgical staff to make sure the procedure and instruments were familiar and accounted for. Surgeon performed joint replacement, and we are responsible to make sure instruments and components are used – more... properly and in accordance with design for use. Call on doctors in free time to discover needs, and find opportunities to bring new surgeons in to use our product line. Set up lunches and presentations to meet surgeon/patient needs. SELL.
I learned so much about the medical field and my interest in the human body. Learned mechanics of joint motion and specifics on implant materials and ways they replicate natural joint motion.
Loved my rep. Had a lot of change in management. Co-workers were fun but took job seriously, which is great.
Hardest part of the job was being ready to act when an implant is dropped on the floor, or a patient is an out-of-the ordinary size (for the implant), or if there is something that goes awry during surgery.
I loved the fast-paced nature of the work, the camaraderie of the hospital staff, surgeons, co-workers. I loved being active and gaining respect through hard work, reliability, and being able to solve a problem in a pinch. – less
Friendly environment
QA Tester (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJAugust 28, 2013
Management and coworkers are so nice and friendly. Have learned a lot of new things.
Good company, but...
Medical Device Assembler/Line Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good overall pay
Cons: management needs to learn how to treat their employees better!
Needs better management. While working there, one manager will tell you to do something while an engineer will try to change it. Very confusing. If there are problems between employees, management will not find a resolution to the issue. Instead, they seem to instigate the problems further.
Job security without opportunity for advancement.
Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaAugust 8, 2013
Good experience without room for advancement. High pressure environment in the operating room with experience gained in medical devices and relationship building with medical professionals. Gain technical acumen.

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more