Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent benefits, culture and sales compensation
Sales (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2013
Fantastic company to work for with EXCELLENT benefits. 100% commission based sales creates a competitive work environment, but very fulfilling and motivating.
Highly talented and accomplished with experience in Customer Experience, Operations, Distribution and Business Development
Account Rep/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: working with patients.
Cons: no more room for growth.
Manage of Account North and South Texas , LA , Arizona
Manage all invoicing, customer service and billing for Stryker Performance Solutions
Manage numerous Projects as well as Product Launches
Great company, but supports a culture that is difficult for family-oriented individuals to maintain
Accounting (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free fruit in the morning
Cons: insane hours and some managers too direct
Some areas were terrific to work for, some not so much depending on the manager. Lots of room for improved software system. Good products, takes pride in quality and growth.
Exciting environment, fast-paced, always different
Sales Associate - Joint Replacements (Former Employee), SacramentoAugust 28, 2013
Pros: travel, attention to detail is necessary, respect for a job well done
Cons: inflexible as a part-time position
We would get to the hospital at about 7 am and make sure we had all of our implants, surgical instruments, and templating prepared. We checked with the surgical staff to make sure the procedure and instruments were familiar and accounted for. Surgeon performed joint replacement, and we are responsible to make sure instruments and components are used – more... properly and in accordance with design for use. Call on doctors in free time to discover needs, and find opportunities to bring new surgeons in to use our product line. Set up lunches and presentations to meet surgeon/patient needs. SELL.
I learned so much about the medical field and my interest in the human body. Learned mechanics of joint motion and specifics on implant materials and ways they replicate natural joint motion.
Loved my rep. Had a lot of change in management. Co-workers were fun but took job seriously, which is great.
Hardest part of the job was being ready to act when an implant is dropped on the floor, or a patient is an out-of-the ordinary size (for the implant), or if there is something that goes awry during surgery.
I loved the fast-paced nature of the work, the camaraderie of the hospital staff, surgeons, co-workers. I loved being active and gaining respect through hard work, reliability, and being able to solve a problem in a pinch. – less
Friendly environment
QA Tester (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJAugust 28, 2013
Management and coworkers are so nice and friendly. Have learned a lot of new things.
Good company, but...
Medical Device Assembler/Line Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: good overall pay
Cons: management needs to learn how to treat their employees better!
Needs better management. While working there, one manager will tell you to do something while an engineer will try to change it. Very confusing. If there are problems between employees, management will not find a resolution to the issue. Instead, they seem to instigate the problems further.
Job security without opportunity for advancement.
Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaAugust 8, 2013
Good experience without room for advancement. High pressure environment in the operating room with experience gained in medical devices and relationship building with medical professionals. Gain technical acumen.
Great Staff, Varied work, Technically challenging
Design Engineer within Research and Development (Current Employee), Cork, IrelandAugust 8, 2013
Pros: travel to the us, scope to try out new innovative designs.
Cons: long hours, overtime expected of the staff. management style is outdated.
At Stryker people are generally given a project and sent on your way. A lot of new hires who have little experience learn the hard way how to navigate the working world. There is a lot expected of staff but this is a good thing as well as the responsibility is empowering and provides its own challenges.

Typically a lot of the job revolves around finding – more... a balance between getting technical engineering work done and filling in the necessary paperwork required for a medical devices company.

The management style seems a bit outdated with a lot of emphasis put on the power of criticism
The other staff are generally supportive to each other and a good technically strong team has been built up here over the years.

The most difficult part of the job is maintaining a work life balance.

The most enjoyable part is seeing your designs and creations in the hands of surgeons and being able to get immediate feedback from them about how your products will save lives. – less
Demanding but rewarding company
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: healthcare, work environment
Cons: management turnover
One of best medical companies to work for. Large territories and alot of travel. Significant Management turnover in 5 yrs. Learned about capital/disposable sales, neuro, spine, ENT, orthopedics, trauma.
High paced work enviorment, always on the go.
Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2013
High standards continued growth, having the ablility to estimate monthly forecast and meeting annual quota.
Competitive, challenging environment.
Associate Product Manager - Foot & Ankle Division (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJAugust 2, 2013
Fulfilling, however, unconventional management; poor communication amongst team members; which ultimately leads to struggles
An enjoyable work atmosphere challenges it's employees
Accounting/Accounts Payable Intern (Current Employee), Allendale, NJJuly 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good development
Cons: networking opportunities could be a little better
Stryker is not a Fortune 100 company for no reason; they take good care of their employees and always look to bring the best out of them. I enjoy my time working with the Stryker team and I learned plenty from how to operate the oracle software to utilizing microsoft excel in a proficient manner.
Great Place to work
Distribution and Return Supervisor (Current Employee), Flower Mound TexasJuly 21, 2013
Great environment, with great team members. Stryker is a talent based company that values an employee's talents as well as experience.
Stryker Review
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJuly 18, 2013
Stryker was a good place to work, they deal with hip replacements, knee replacements, the only part that was very unpleasant about this job, is that you have to start through an agency who doesn't provide raises or benefits.
Wonderful Company
Operations Manager/Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2013
Wonderful company to work for. Fulfilling work in medical industry with great management, top tier co-workers, and rewarding work.
Give all for nothing back
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Flower Mound , TXJuly 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: poor training, lack of concern for employees
Be prepared for a job with unrealistic expectations and a corporate culture of dog eat dog. They will use you until they burn you out or drive you away. Your family life really doesn't matter. Be prepared to go the distance for management with a "what have you done for me today "attitude. Work hard. The best part of my experience there was my first – more... day, and the day after I left. – less
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2013
I learned a professional quality about myself that I did not know was one of my strengths
Productive and fun workplace
Document Control Team Lead (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJune 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: high workload
High paced environment with a friendly and motivational work environment. Encourages innovation and quality in everything they do. Definite work hard/play hard environment.
Face paced environment with many new challenges
Regulatory Affairs Representative (Current Employee), Portage, MIJune 3, 2013
Pros: great teams
Cons: distance, growth in a constrained market
Extremely face-paced environment, rapid learning curve, excellent exposure to many aspects of business
Big company, small agency
Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2013
This organization felt like a small company in its management through its agency affiliations but was backed by a major organization.

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more