Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place
On Staff USA (Former Employee), Portage, MIMay 11, 2013
Teamwork and quality was very encouraged here. It was very fast paced, but the supervisors were always there to boost moral.
Good company to work for...but be prepared to sell your soul.
Accounting (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMay 8, 2013
Pros: talented co-workers, great pay and benefits
Cons: the company demands more that just a pound of flesh
When I started here, I was told flat out, that the company pays well, gives you what you need to do the job, and does not accept excuses for missed due dates. This was all true. They pay approx 15% higher than other companies, give you all of the tools you need to get the job done. But if a due date is missed, for any reason, including death in family(this – more... actually happened to a manager once, because he didn't train his staff to cover for him), have a box ready for packing.
Talented, wonderful co-workers, great product too. – less
great place to work
Endoscopic Specialist / Associate Sales Rep (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 7, 2013
Pros: great boss
Cons: no commission
great place to work, great benefits, management is awesome
Unique place with unique employees
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMay 7, 2013
Pros: changellanges
Cons: distance
Starting at 7:30 am until 4:30 pm. Very busy reception area, 50+ visitors per day. Schedule conference rooms. Plenty of interaction with
visitors, vendors, and emloyees. The hardest part was distance from
home, and the most enjoyable was the people.
loved it!!
Endoscopic Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 6, 2013
I would go back to this job in a heart beat. Its a very thankless job, and youre on your own, there is no micromanagement and a lot of experience comes from OJT.
Incredible place to work with amazing people
Senior Network/Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXMay 4, 2013
As said above, an incredible place to work. Amazing people to work with. The hardest part of working in an engineering and R&D role at Stryker is keeping up with your peers and the market. It is incredibly fast-paced and very exciting. The most rewarding aspect of working at Stryker is knowing you are helping to make healthcare better and even save – more... lives. Beware though, it is a job that requires 110% and you must be wiling to give that or your peers will leave you in the dust. – less
Exciting, challenging workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Dynamic, challenging workplace. You get out of it every you put in.
workplace on medical devices
Mec├ínico (Current Employee), Arroyo, CLApril 28, 2013
Stared practice three days a per week. mantain molding machines y do works in MP. work in setup of molding machines.
Culture of Success
Field Finance Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2013
Driven culture with intelligent workforce. Best part of the job were co-workers.
professional medical device sales company with responsibilities to both the admin and distribution sides
Distribution / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Glendale, CAApril 16, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules, great benifits, quarterly bonuses and free lunches
Cons: often short breaks and long days
A typical day consisted of planning out the day and week ahead to ensure proper support. Heavy phones and emails were common practice resulting in skills helpful to stay organized and on task.

I learned the importance of follow ups and follow throughs. As well as how to effectively communicate with management to make certain that tasks and challenges – more... could be dealt without service interruption.

The hardest part of the job was working with minimal resources.

The most enjoyable was complete the tasks with minimal resources. – less
Definetly fast paced work environment
Driver / Warehouse (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAApril 8, 2013
Being that it is the medical field things could get very busy very fast...
Co-workers were a great bunch of guys...
The hardest part of the job was the on-call shifts because you never knew when you were going to be called in...
Productive and fun company to work for
Hip R&D Co-op (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 2, 2013
This was my 1st co-op or internship and enjoyed my time there. I learned a great deal of the product life cycle. My team was relatively young and we got a long great. The facility was large and had everything one would need to finish their job.
Good Workplace
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee), PRMarch 18, 2013
Great workplace in general. Good work/life balance. Exposure to learning experiences each day. Great place for carreer starters. Flexibility is superb. Not that good compensation.
Very productive and typically fast paced environment
Environmental Health & Safety Associate (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJMarch 17, 2013
The building is part manufacturing and part office space. It is open basically 24/7 and there are about 1500 employees over the three shifts. My typical day starts at 7 AM and ends around 5 PM. I have a great boss and many of the people I interact with on a daily basis are nice and supportive. It is a nice place to work.
Remedial tasks that take you away from selling
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2013
Remedial tasks that take you away from selling. Market is struggling and I am happy to be away from device sales.
good pay/ benefits
MIG/TIG Welder (Former Employee), Portage, MIMarch 11, 2013
well above average pay and benefits, but treatment of employees is deplorable. seems company is more about profiting, than caring for employees, or handling employee concerns, management did nothing about problems presented to them.
Productive enviroment where the best science is practiced.
Research Assistant / Histology Technician (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMarch 4, 2013
Cons: hard to advance as temp
I worked at Stryker as a temporary consultant initially for 6 months and the contract was extended for another three months for additional assignments. I worked at R&D as a lab technician and the people I worked with were wonderful. You can develop your own hours depending on the level of work you do. The benefits and amenities are top notch for permanent – more... employees.

As a temp it was very hard for me to network just because you have to be a permanent employee to attend networking events. Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay at Stryker and hope to work for them once I have more experience. – less
Good Culture
Cleveland West Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 21, 2013
Entrepreneurial and Independent work environment, where All-Star players rise to the top and succeed in managing territories and driving sales.
Fast pace, aggressive environment
Manager, Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: fast pace
Cons: driving change through corporate
Excellent company with highly competative employees. It is a very fast pace, adaptive environment. Like any large company, the hardest part of the job was driving change through the corporation.

I enjoyed working with the highly talented, diverse group of co-workers
I enjoyed making a difference in peoples lives in the operating room.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma BranchJanuary 24, 2013
I enjoyed coaching my reps to top performance. I miss my Stryker co-workers.

ShAnnons – June 10, 2013

Why did you leave?

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more