Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Educational
systems foreman (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 22, 2013
Normal work hours were fair no complaints about 10 hours a day.
The work i did was a ongoing educational experience was able to start from the bottom to where I'm at now as a shop foreman.
It gave me management skill for having 5 to 20 service members,
the hard part is not getting my hands dirty with the other service members.
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: working from home
Great Company to work for. I did not like working from a home office. The most enjoyable part of the position was the people I worked with from the different agencies.
great company very demanding
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 15, 2013
great experience awesome people
travel schedule was 100%, very brutal for work life balance
Amazing group of talented individuals who know when to work and when to play
Compliance Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 15, 2013
Each intern is given a 3 month project to work on for the duration of the summer. The project is entirely one's own and is to be presented to management at the end of the summer.
Best place I have ever worked.
Senior Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great work environment. on site cafeterial
Cons: very long drive for me.
I typical day included some meetings and some desk work. My ideas were listened to and valued. I had to adjust to working in teams for everything. However, I learned how effective a team of people can me when every one does their part. Management was great. Very positive and promoted doing things to increase each workers personal skills.
under payed over worked
Endoscopic Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CA account in long branch NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: learned alot about surgery
Cons: low pay for alot of responsebility
I worked for this company for good amount of time, I do not feel that my experience and skill with customer service was taken into account when my contract ended.
Best place I've ever worked at
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Flower mound TXDecember 7, 2013
Pros: paid lunch, travel, car rental, hotel room
Cons: nothing really
My typical day at work was traveling monday through friday.
I learned so many things while I was with the company. From self managing to a diffrent type of blue print and scope of work. That was one of the places I was not only happy with my job but, got along
with all my coworkers it was like family since we spent most of our time on the road. One – more... of the hardest parts of my job was staying up to date with all our new equipment. It was very challenging but, not impossible to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job was when it came time to fly wether it was home or to work. – less
LMS Coordinator
LMS Coordinator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 7, 2013
Provided customer service to Stryker employees
Helped with integration of other Stryker acquired companies
Assembly
Utility Assembler (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 4, 2013
Pros: four day work weeks
Cons: didn't always get to work full 40 hour week
While working at Stryker I made some great life-long friends. I was a trainer there. A typical day at Stryker consisted of building on an assembly line. Being on your feet for 10 hours a day can be a little hard to get used to, but the fast paced environment makes things a little easier because time moves faster with the busier that you are.
Exciting and work environment
Sales Associate - Winston (Current Employee), Salem, NCDecember 3, 2013
Everyday provides something exciting and challenging. I have learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from surgeons to OR staff. Our team has enabled me to learn and grow as an individual personally and a sales rep. My most enjoyable part of the day is the time I spend in the OR contributing and interacting with the staff.
Travel
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Poway, CANovember 20, 2013
Good company to work for, traveled 90% of the time good Benefits package
Challenging and Fun
Associate CAD Administrator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 20, 2013
While working at Stryker Instruments I was involved with many different people working on many different projects. The vast majority of my co-workers were great people inside and outside work. The management is second to none. They generally show interest in you as an individual and want to see you succeed. The hardest part of the job is encouraging – more... people to learn new things that will help in the long run. – less
Excellent workplace
Repair Technicians (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: helping people lives by making a quality product
Cons: don't pay that much
working in a big company has a lot of things that every employee
needs to follow especially Quality product.
we always have to make sure were on top of everything and always make our customer our priority

I learned that every situation we have to learn how to deal with pressure in a calmly manner and be able to clear and think smart.
my co-worker treat – more... as a family we all should think that way cause we spend more time at work so we have to make sure that we make everyone comfortable by helping each other a good team player.

the pressure in our job is when someone leave from vacation you have to make sure that you learned everything so when someone takes vacation it wont be a battle neck .we need to learn and with proper training

the best part of my job is at the end of the shift you always get the job done and a recognition from your peers and your supervisor. – less
Great place to develop skills in medical industry.
Installations Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2013
Particular great place to establish a corporate environment and culture.
Very fun work in projects intergration
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits and a good corporate culture
Cons: 110% travel
fast paced environment but all projects are short lived and in many cases it requires overtime. You get trained on everything. Stryker Communications technology is an ever growing and progressive success. The installations and integration of equipment, software and data are really fun and very accomplishing.
STRYKER ORTHOPAEDICS HR MANAGERS ARE BULLIES AND BIGGOTS
OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJNovember 2, 2013
Pros: you get hassled if you are late 2 times.....
Cons: if you are a minority don't expect to become a manager
Want to apply at Stryker...Don't waste your time........

I worked there for 6 years without getting a promised (I promise next year you will get it said the pkg. manager) promotion. The HR OPS managers are bullies that constantly go after employees without regard, they are heartless and life balance is a real nice wish at Stryker in Mahwah New Jersey.

my – more... co-worker got hurt at the plant in Mahwah NJ and after having several surgeries that had orthopedics complication, and retaliated against and was dismissed without regard.... being a company that was supposed to help individuals get better it was a very low blow.and they promise that " WE ARE THERE FOR YOU" that is a lie!

I was also dismissed for uncovering a co-worker of wrong doing and was retaliated against. So since this is a non union shop you are at their mercy. Andif you are a minority well.... there are NO minority executives at Stryker so there is your answer.

STRYKER NOT THERE FOR YOU.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH STRYKER >>>> – less
i loved being busy all the time and meeting production goals
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 1, 2013
come in stand in one spot cleaning dvt and make sure they inflate correctly.
Productive work place
Consultant/Compliance Paralegal (Current Employee), Allendale, NJOctober 24, 2013
Compliance review, intake for failed products to begin investigation process
Fast paced and challenging workplace
Senior Team Member (Former Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great 401k
Cons: short lunch break
There was never a "typical day at work" at Stryker Orthopaedics and that is one of the reasons that I found working there so fulfilling. No two surgeries are alike, as every patient is different, so while a routine day may have consisted of scheduling and preparing equipment for surgeries, and receiving equipment back at the warehouse after surgeries, – more... this position required a great deal of flexibility and reacting to changes on a daily, if not hourly basis. My co-workers in the warehouse and our team of drivers were a close knit team, and after several years together we, many times, would think alike when dealing with changes. This position required a great deal of overtime and participation in an on-call rotation to respond to trauma surgeries and other unforeseen surgeries. Although stressful, the aspect of my job I enjoyed the most was the satisfaction of making sure that every surgery was covered, despite the, sometimes, extreme measures and hours required to do so. The hardest part of the job was usually being on call, especially those time when I would be driving home at 2:30 in the morning after responding to one call, just to have the on-call phone ring again and have to drive back to the office. But that was part of the job when I agreed to work there, so I would turn around and head back to office again. While in this position with Stryker, I learned a great deal about orthopedics and the human body. I also continually learned about Stryker products, not only the ones Stryker carried when I started there in 2004 and the new product lines that were introduced during my time there, but also about the legacy products from the past. By learning the legacy products as well, I feel I was a more productive and valuable asset to the Stryker team. – less
Professional Affairs Contracts Associate (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJOctober 18, 2013
Professional Affairs Contract Associate
Had a wonderful time at Stryker, met some wonderful people and learned so much.

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more