Stryker

Stryker Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
unrealistic expectations, no work life balance and hypocritical management
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, cafe, co-workers
Cons: management ideology, culture, work life balance
Very fast paced but simple work, no focus on employee growth and no work life balance. Frowned upon by management if employees left on time and the management are extremely hypocritical when it comes to many simple things. Decent pay and perks but if you work for Stryker be prepared to learn the job and that's it, no challenges to learn anything new. – more... Additionally the culture is very outdated and poorly structured. within 6 months i knew i would not want to be here past a year. – less
Client Focus
VIP Program Administrator (Current Employee), Allendale, NJJanuary 23, 2014
Worked with both internal and external customers daily. You have to be very detail oriented. Love the open door policy between senior management and employees.
Great work environment
Assembly (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: clean and safe work place, benefits
Cons: low pay
As factory floors go Stryker has some of the cleanest and safest to work in. The company is constantly listed in the Forbes top 100 places to work. If you are working in the office this is an amazing place if you work on the floor prepare to go through a temp agency to get hired then wait around a year or more to be hired in where the wages are not – more... very competitive for the industry but the benefits are nice. Once hired in there are many opportunities for advancement with in the organization. – less
Great company!
Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee), Jasper, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: lack of mobility.
Stryker has been a great company to work for; however, to advance in my current division I would have to move all over the country. I'd like to stay in southern Indiana, and there is no room for advancement in this area.
Good place to work.
Cups Polishing Lead (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: all the hours you could want.
Cons: short lunch. pressure to produce large amounts of parts.
Stryker is a great place to work with a hive mind mentality. Everyone is working towards their prospective cells. Competition within the management fuels the performance of the manufacturing process. However, you will be working as a temp for a very long time with no clear view of when you might be hired full time. Tons of overtime offered, though the – more... hours might be a little wonky from day to day. 12 hr days are not out of the question and depending on demand you will be asked to come in on a Saturday. – less
Good opportunity
Contractor - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Portage, MIJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free fruit, drinks
Cons: round the clock availability
I'm only a contractor so I'm not at liberty to enjoy the benefits of an employee. I have, however, added some valuable attributes for future employment.
Lot of tension and employees are not accountable.
LOAN SET/ KITROOM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Randburg, GPJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good enviroment for learning
Cons: long worning hours as you are on call one week in a month.
A lot of hard work is required and no formal quqlification is needed to excel in the work place. Mathematical and technical skills are of high value. Employees are not willing to take accountablility as they always shift responsibilities to other employees.
Low pay but good perks
Account Rep (Current Employee), NJJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: gym, cafe, free six flags tickets
Cons: pay, hard to move up
There is a gym, cafe, and yearly free tickets to six flags.

Work load doesn't add up to pay and hard to move up in company unless you know someone.
100 best places to work - and they are proud of this.
Project Manager - NPD Test Systems (Current Employee), Kalamazoo MiDecember 29, 2013
Pros: great company all around.
Cons: i am contract.
Stryker is a young growing company that needs agressive experienced people.
Incoming Inspector (metrology)
QC-Inspector Incoming (Former Employee), PRDecember 23, 2013
Perform sampling of parts received in store. Check your documentation in its entirety. Perform relevant tests (dimensional, Visual). Perform detailed reporting of results. Approval of the product for use in manufacturing. Assist the Engineering Department with the "compliances" or validations.
Educational
systems foreman (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 22, 2013
Normal work hours were fair no complaints about 10 hours a day.
The work i did was a ongoing educational experience was able to start from the bottom to where I'm at now as a shop foreman.
It gave me management skill for having 5 to 20 service members,
the hard part is not getting my hands dirty with the other service members.
Excellent Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: working from home
Great Company to work for. I did not like working from a home office. The most enjoyable part of the position was the people I worked with from the different agencies.
great company very demanding
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 15, 2013
great experience awesome people
travel schedule was 100%, very brutal for work life balance
Amazing group of talented individuals who know when to work and when to play
Compliance Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 15, 2013
Each intern is given a 3 month project to work on for the duration of the summer. The project is entirely one's own and is to be presented to management at the end of the summer.
Best place I have ever worked.
Senior Quality System Coordinator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great work environment. on site cafeterial
Cons: very long drive for me.
I typical day included some meetings and some desk work. My ideas were listened to and valued. I had to adjust to working in teams for everything. However, I learned how effective a team of people can me when every one does their part. Management was great. Very positive and promoted doing things to increase each workers personal skills.
under payed over worked
Endoscopic Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CA account in long branch NJDecember 10, 2013
Pros: learned alot about surgery
Cons: low pay for alot of responsebility
I worked for this company for good amount of time, I do not feel that my experience and skill with customer service was taken into account when my contract ended.
Best place I've ever worked at
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Flower mound TXDecember 7, 2013
Pros: paid lunch, travel, car rental, hotel room
Cons: nothing really
My typical day at work was traveling monday through friday.
I learned so many things while I was with the company. From self managing to a diffrent type of blue print and scope of work. That was one of the places I was not only happy with my job but, got along
with all my coworkers it was like family since we spent most of our time on the road. One – more... of the hardest parts of my job was staying up to date with all our new equipment. It was very challenging but, not impossible to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job was when it came time to fly wether it was home or to work. – less
LMS Coordinator
LMS Coordinator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 7, 2013
Provided customer service to Stryker employees
Helped with integration of other Stryker acquired companies
Assembly
Utility Assembler (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIDecember 4, 2013
Pros: four day work weeks
Cons: didn't always get to work full 40 hour week
While working at Stryker I made some great life-long friends. I was a trainer there. A typical day at Stryker consisted of building on an assembly line. Being on your feet for 10 hours a day can be a little hard to get used to, but the fast paced environment makes things a little easier because time moves faster with the busier that you are.
Exciting and work environment
Sales Associate - Winston (Current Employee), Salem, NCDecember 3, 2013
Everyday provides something exciting and challenging. I have learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from surgeons to OR staff. Our team has enabled me to learn and grow as an individual personally and a sales rep. My most enjoyable part of the day is the time I spend in the OR contributing and interacting with the staff.

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more

Stryker Photos