Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Exciting and work environment
Sales Associate - Winston (Current Employee), Salem, NCDecember 3, 2013
Everyday provides something exciting and challenging. I have learned how to work with a diverse group of individuals from surgeons to OR staff. Our team has enabled me to learn and grow as an individual personally and a sales rep. My most enjoyable part of the day is the time I spend in the OR contributing and interacting with the staff.
Travel
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Poway, CANovember 20, 2013
Good company to work for, traveled 90% of the time good Benefits package
Challenging and Fun
Associate CAD Administrator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 20, 2013
While working at Stryker Instruments I was involved with many different people working on many different projects. The vast majority of my co-workers were great people inside and outside work. The management is second to none. They generally show interest in you as an individual and want to see you succeed. The hardest part of the job is encouraging – more... people to learn new things that will help in the long run. – less
Excellent workplace
Repair Technicians (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: helping people lives by making a quality product
Cons: don't pay that much
working in a big company has a lot of things that every employee
needs to follow especially Quality product.
we always have to make sure were on top of everything and always make our customer our priority

I learned that every situation we have to learn how to deal with pressure in a calmly manner and be able to clear and think smart.
my co-worker treat – more... as a family we all should think that way cause we spend more time at work so we have to make sure that we make everyone comfortable by helping each other a good team player.

the pressure in our job is when someone leave from vacation you have to make sure that you learned everything so when someone takes vacation it wont be a battle neck .we need to learn and with proper training

the best part of my job is at the end of the shift you always get the job done and a recognition from your peers and your supervisor. – less
Great place to develop skills in medical industry.
Installations Supervisor (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2013
Particular great place to establish a corporate environment and culture.
Very fun work in projects intergration
Integration Specialist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXNovember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits and a good corporate culture
Cons: 110% travel
fast paced environment but all projects are short lived and in many cases it requires overtime. You get trained on everything. Stryker Communications technology is an ever growing and progressive success. The installations and integration of equipment, software and data are really fun and very accomplishing.
STRYKER ORTHOPAEDICS HR MANAGERS ARE BULLIES AND BIGGOTS
OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJNovember 2, 2013
Pros: you get hassled if you are late 2 times.....
Cons: if you are a minority don't expect to become a manager
Want to apply at Stryker...Don't waste your time........

I worked there for 6 years without getting a promised (I promise next year you will get it said the pkg. manager) promotion. The HR OPS managers are bullies that constantly go after employees without regard, they are heartless and life balance is a real nice wish at Stryker in Mahwah New Jersey.

my – more... co-worker got hurt at the plant in Mahwah NJ and after having several surgeries that had orthopedics complication, and retaliated against and was dismissed without regard.... being a company that was supposed to help individuals get better it was a very low blow.and they promise that " WE ARE THERE FOR YOU" that is a lie!

I was also dismissed for uncovering a co-worker of wrong doing and was retaliated against. So since this is a non union shop you are at their mercy. Andif you are a minority well.... there are NO minority executives at Stryker so there is your answer.

STRYKER NOT THERE FOR YOU.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH STRYKER >>>> – less
i loved being busy all the time and meeting production goals
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 1, 2013
come in stand in one spot cleaning dvt and make sure they inflate correctly.
Productive work place
Consultant/Compliance Paralegal (Current Employee), Allendale, NJOctober 24, 2013
Compliance review, intake for failed products to begin investigation process
Fast paced and challenging workplace
Senior Team Member (Former Employee), Hanover, MDOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great 401k
Cons: short lunch break
There was never a "typical day at work" at Stryker Orthopaedics and that is one of the reasons that I found working there so fulfilling. No two surgeries are alike, as every patient is different, so while a routine day may have consisted of scheduling and preparing equipment for surgeries, and receiving equipment back at the warehouse after surgeries, – more... this position required a great deal of flexibility and reacting to changes on a daily, if not hourly basis. My co-workers in the warehouse and our team of drivers were a close knit team, and after several years together we, many times, would think alike when dealing with changes. This position required a great deal of overtime and participation in an on-call rotation to respond to trauma surgeries and other unforeseen surgeries. Although stressful, the aspect of my job I enjoyed the most was the satisfaction of making sure that every surgery was covered, despite the, sometimes, extreme measures and hours required to do so. The hardest part of the job was usually being on call, especially those time when I would be driving home at 2:30 in the morning after responding to one call, just to have the on-call phone ring again and have to drive back to the office. But that was part of the job when I agreed to work there, so I would turn around and head back to office again. While in this position with Stryker, I learned a great deal about orthopedics and the human body. I also continually learned about Stryker products, not only the ones Stryker carried when I started there in 2004 and the new product lines that were introduced during my time there, but also about the legacy products from the past. By learning the legacy products as well, I feel I was a more productive and valuable asset to the Stryker team. – less
Professional Affairs Contracts Associate (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJOctober 18, 2013
Professional Affairs Contract Associate
Had a wonderful time at Stryker, met some wonderful people and learned so much.
manufacturing
millin machine operator (Former Employee), arroyo prOctober 16, 2013
20 years manufacturing milling machine operator finish steel arms assembling mechanic
enjoyed working with my immediate co-workers
Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good pay
Loved the job but didn't like the mid shift hours. Very friendly atmosphere.
Good place to work.
Generalist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2013
Pros: clean working environment
Cons: management
Steady work hrs you can either be on first shift second shift or third. Overtime is available. Ive learned a great deal working there and feel i was a great working with great quality skills and performing the job right and affective. Management i would say varies. Co-workers are good people to work with. No hard part about the job was you get use to – more... your work its very easy. Enjoyable part of the job is knowing that what you are working on is going to help the life's of people. – less
Good company to work for
Lead Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, days off, good pay.
Cons: no real room for advancement even with a college degree
Field service technicians jobs may vary from account to account, but my experience was always high demand and high volume. I worked with nurses and surgeons and provided on site technical support for endoscopy systems and instrumentation. I was promoted to a Lead position and supervised three techs at what is considered the hardest account in the country.
Firefighter
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 13, 2013
your typiacl day is spent working as a firefighter, training, and working to become better at your skills.
work
medical - Production associate (Former Employee), plant cityOctober 11, 2013
I enjoy meeting new people and staying busy at work. I am always looking for more work to do once I have completed a task.
Great Internship & Learning Experience
Materials Science Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Lakeland and Gainesville FloridaOctober 7, 2013
Worked as an Intern with Styker Sustainability. Enjoyed a well rounded engineering internship. From a materials engineering stand point, I was in charge of characterizing materials within devices for 510K FDA clearances. However I also learned a lot about mechanical engineering; I created custom fixtures and machines to help take apart devices, learned – more... of numatic machinery, as well as 3D modeling software.

The most enjoyable part of my internship was having to constantly come up with new ideas and processes. – less
Okay for starting out to gain experience
Internal Audit Staff (Former Employee), Portage, MIOctober 3, 2013
Pros: health insurance is reasonable
Cons: poor communication, politics & no training
The company is heavily focused on sales. So much so that infrastructures, standards and processes have not been managed or developed properly for a company this size. Overall employees are given a lot of exposure to different areas of the company and there is very useful for someone without any experience to get involved in projects because so many – more... areas can be improved. There is no work/life balance. They mention is but they really only care about you getting results no matter how much time is needed for that to happen. – less
n/a
n/a (Former Employee), n/aSeptember 30, 2013
You have to pass a gallup poll test, which is dumb. Missing out on good working people.

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more