Stryker

Stryker Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job, Good People
Warehouse Support Staff (Current Employee), Waterdown, ONDecember 2, 2014
Fast paced environment. Receiving/shipping/order picking/kit replenishments fill the day. Never a dull moment. Exceptional staff and management. Extensive training.
Productive and Fun Place
Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnApril 22, 2014
If you are looking for a challenge this is the place to be. Great people and excellent products.
Productive and always fun.
warehouse material handler (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: lunch with all my co-workers
Cons: one hour for youre lunch and no breaks.
Stryker canada was always a long but great day at work eveyone of my co-workers were great to work with management was great as well the hardest part of my day was at the end of my day to make sure that all orders have been picked and shipped out the best part of the day was when it was time to go home.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2015
1. Typical day is applying new and latest technologies

2. Ability to learn new technologies at a rapid pace and built prototype applications

3. Friendly co-workers
Worked myself out of a job.
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits, company sponsered community and company activites.
Cons: inconvenient management turnover, impersonable past manager.
Contract entry had been cut drastically over the past 6 years. Thus contracts were down to less then 50 daily, which didn't give me work for the entire day. We were without a department manager for over 8 months which left my position up in the air. All of the people were doing the best to hang on to their work load. I worked hard to find work to do and things to keep busy. I did enjoy the friendly co-workers.
Competitive work environment with good support
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Very good when you are producing. Can be tough when you are not. There is good support. Benefits are second to none
Stryker Mahwah is toxic
Global Operations (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay is above average.
Cons: everything else.
My experience with Stryker Orthopedics in Mahwah, NJ:
- Culture is non-supportive.
- Routine employment reduction (lay-offs).
- Deceptive business practices have led to FDA issues.
- A toxic, non-trustful environment.
Deceptive Management. No consideration for their employees.
Warehouse coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: decent pay. good benefits.
Cons: no home life.long hours.shady management.
Stryker as a Company is wonderful. Stryker Management however is a joke. They put "know nothing's" in charge. Once in place, they form their own alliance. Sales dollars run the company. As long as they're unaffected, no one asks any questions. Management is unprofessional, and turns a blind eye to issues that don't directly effect them. Everyone around me was terminated for questionable reasons. After being left to run the facility for a year, with no promotion, I voiced my opinions. Four months later, after adequate staffing was addressed, I was falsely accused of mistakes made by new employees and immediately terminated. Avoid this company like the plague. The pay was excellent, however the political and vindictive nature of its environment is nothing short of a nightmare. I worked for the company for 23 years.
Great place to work and learn
MTE (Current Employee), Allendale, NJJanuary 9, 2015
I've learned an invaluable amount in just under 1 year here at Styker. However, as a contractor, it's an uphill battle toward becoming a full-time permanent employee.
Excellent entree level position
Junior Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: know product success in the industry
Cons: too long for my own territory
Stryker was a great first job in the medical device business. Typical day consisted of case coverage at two facilities, a great deal of inventory management and tray shuffling around the city. Constant communication with my senior rep, even on weekend. Thorough training program, and a lot of existing business. I was a junior rep who had the ability to work with a busy senior representative. I spent a lot of time driving trays all over New York, and not enough time to be able to begin cultivating a territory for myself in the future. There wasn't room for growth the way it was promised to me when I was hired. I was able to see cases right away since there was current business, and there was no hassle with product approvals. Great job for an intro position, instilled a great work ethic in me from the get go.
Excellent company to work for
HR Training Specialist (Former Employee), Carrigtohill IDA Industrial Park, CorkDecember 17, 2014
Enjoyed working in a diverse training role. Key area of responsbility was training design and delivery, including co-ordinating classroom training.

Built close relationships with Operations and Support Roles to understand and deliver training to meet company and individual training needs, and to understand the business.
Award Winning Sales Executive
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 15, 2014
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies.

Recruited to a predominantly unresponsive territory and doubled revenue within one year, to $143K a month.

Utilized government sales team to generate strategic partnerships between customers and key military opinion leaders across the country; initiated programs resulting in robust revenue growth from the military sector. Increased military accounts from $0 to sales revenue of $1.5M within one year. Since 2012 have generated $350K+ in sales from account.

Applied innovative and resourceful methods to capitalize on competition’s weaknesses by altering focus on product selling, pricing or delivery, to focus on sales experience instead; resulted in significant increased new growth and customer loyalty.

Boosted business by initiating marketing strategies such as providing leads on new patients, creating local customer patient engagement programs, TV and online marketing programs.

Notable sales and growth achievements:

Rocketed revenue growth for military accounts from $0 in sales to over $1M within two years.

Exceeded quota numbers from 2011-2013 by as much as 103%-144%.

Increased new business growth and development up to 56% in second year.
Best of the best
Account Manager (Former Employee), NYDecember 11, 2014
This was my home for many years and it truly is a place for the best of the best! Work hard and the sky is the limit!
Stryker
Employee (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: pay
Amazing people to work with. Longer hours, lower end of competitive salary
Enjoyable with areas of improvement
Pro Care Specialist, Las Vegs, NV (Current Employee), NevadaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: apart from management
The company is innovative and very strong in the market. Has a great reputation. Could use more involved management at the lower levels and more realistic expectations of promotions.
Productive area with an excellent team workers
Generalist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJDecember 3, 2014
Pros: very safety company, good team, good organization
Cons: too far
Starting my day doing laser mark for hip stems after complete the production my next step was the hand finishing,blasting,cleaning,check the measures with caliper,gage,comparator and check the quality control of each piece and complete the paper work.
My partners were a good team very communicative always focused in complete the different targets.
Factory
Assembler (Former Employee), PRNovember 26, 2014
Worked highly under pressure in a production line. It was required for everyone to work under a quick pace in order to get the production done and evaluated in time. I learned to work with other members and under pressure. As a college student, my responsibilities where head to head. I required time for college work as much as resting hours. Though it was hard, I maintain myself on completing my semester with excellent qualifications and complete my job duties.
Great workplace with great benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJNovember 19, 2014
Excellent place to work with plenty of career advancement opportunities
Terrible Company - Upper Management is horrible
Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJNovember 18, 2014
Cons: not stable company - constant reorganizing
Worked at Stryker for over 4 years in the Knee Marketing Department. Always reorganizing and changing upper management - no stability. Once Kevin Leach VP Knee Marketing took over the department went DOWN HILL FAST!! Very unstable company. Any company that lets employees go after 30 years of service you should really stay clear - no loyalty to their employees. Stryker there for you - there for who - not their employees.
Good Benefits
Warehouse Material Handler II (Former Employee), kalamazoo, miNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not the best pay
Good environment and benefits. Strong company that is always growing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more

Stryker Photos