Stryker

Stryker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Place
Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnApril 22, 2014
If you are looking for a challenge this is the place to be. Great people and excellent products.
Working at Stryker - Canada
Other (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONOctober 30, 2013
Pros: christmas parties and golf day
Cons: long hours, no extra pay, management has no time for you
Don't be deceived by the best place to work awards in Canada. This company asks a lot from its employees, plus some. If you want a challenging career, with weekend work at no extra pay, then Stryker could be a fit for you however, if you want work / life balance, stay very very far away from this company, as there is no work / life balance at Stryker – more... in Canada.
If you like to work independently then this may be a place for you, because management does not have a lot of time to support. – less
Productive and always fun.
warehouse material handler (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: lunch with all my co-workers
Cons: one hour for youre lunch and no breaks.
Stryker canada was always a long but great day at work eveyone of my co-workers were great to work with management was great as well the hardest part of my day was at the end of my day to make sure that all orders have been picked and shipped out the best part of the day was when it was time to go home.
Extremely political organization - it's who you know
Engineer (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJOctober 12, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: culture, work life balance, unprofessional corporate leaders, poor communicators, lack people skills
Culture is driven entirely on the dollar - make money at all costs.
Employees do not matter.
Work life balance is horrendous.

Corporate Human Resources is run unprofessionally - the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. Even the VP reporting into the CEO has no clue how poorly his subordinates are representing the company and interacting – more... with employees. – less
Great people and great projects
Sr. Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 9, 2014
Team oriented leadership on the projects thought the company.
Great work ethics and organized projects
Productive, Beneifts and Good Work force
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), LimerickOctober 9, 2014
Daily targets to be reached
Good working environment
New skills learned on a weekly basis
Benefits were excellent
Workforce easy to get along with
Management were helpful and friendly
Challenging Enviornment
Sr. Field Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIOctober 5, 2014
A very challenging environment with a huge focus on treating people right and personal development.
Nothing but great things to say about this company
ProCare Specialist (Current Employee), ..October 3, 2014
Great company. Great leadership. Great culture

The assistance is there and the type of culture makes you want to push yourself to learn more
Divided Company
Customer / Sales Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 30, 2014
Cons: you live off 20000.00 a year
Whats good for the Goose is not good for the gander!! Work life balance does not exist.. To expensive to participate in any of the compensations offered. Management and CEO need to take the blinders off and focus or listen to the people who make them what they are. Far to many arrogant people in one spot. Work standards are not the same for different – more... divisions. Very petty company!! – less
Sales Executive that has never went to medical school but found myself assisting doctors operating on the table
Outside Sales rep (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: given a car paid for with an expense account, the 6 figure base salary. the quartly trips taken if exceeded goals set forth by management.
Cons: i had some issues with some ethical matters that i dont care to share to a peice of paper, rather then a person i could describe to face to face
A typical day begin with my pre call planning. Making a list of doctors that I will see that day, and what product would best suit them in their practice that I carry. I learned a lot about surgeons and performing surgery. I know almost as much as the vertebrae then actual spine doctors. It was more of a secluded position that didn't involve interaction – more... with other employees unless one of us had two surgeries to be present on that day and one of us had to cover. That was a good problem to have at the time.The hardest part of the job was convincing a surgeon that my product was much more effective then the one they have been using for 30 years. In this occupation it had little to no weight having a better product. The surgeon is buying you not the product. Obviously a product that was invented 30 years ago has had upgrades and new products have hit the market. But they trust that rep they have been dealing with and it takes time and patience to get them to trust you and in fact buy you not the product. The same went for Eli Lilly when I sold pharmaceuticals for 6 years. The physicians were buying me not the product. I was lucky because I always believe in what I am selling and know I am carrying the best products that literally change lifes. – less
Challenging work environment
MEDICAL INTEGRATED TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 22, 2014
Pros: support for what needed to be done
Cons: long daily commute
Challenging place to work with many different things going on.
Exposed to all product phases from Initial Concepts to Development Prototypes to Testing to Production.
Great company and opportunity....terrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), NebraskaSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic products, great company and great industry
Cons: management, saturated market
Enjoyed selling spine hardware / implants and seeing the overall benefit our products were helping patients after conferring with the physicians.

Loved being in the operating room each and every day with some of the best surgeons I have ever worked with. Great learning opportunity.

Was assigned a new manager that did not support me in the ways I felt – more... it best for my customers and I no longer wanted to be affiliated with him or the company. – less
Very good company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MISeptember 15, 2014
Result oriented company. They care about their employees.
Pleasant environment, great people
Senior Mechanical Test Engineer (Former Employee), Portage, MISeptember 6, 2014
Open, airy colorful environment. conference areas for impromptu discussions. Supportive team members and management.
Outstanding company - enjoyable and good work ethic
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), SPAIN, MADRIDSeptember 6, 2014
Highly professional, good team work. Cultural and language barriers were overcome. Staff welfare was very good with employees being provided with lunch vouchers. Training was to a good standard. Supervision available when required. Excellent experience and would love to have another similar opportunity (part time as still at College until July 2015)
Stryker was a wonderful place of employment
Office Manager of Medical/Surgical (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Cons: the only downfall to my job was the day i was laid off, my family and i are still feeling the effects.
To sum up everything in one sentence, I really enjoyed all there was to it. Stryker as a whole was super.
Project was informative~
Market Researcher - University Assignment (Former Employee), flint, miAugust 30, 2014
Working on the market research for Stryker was great! Opened my eyes to the amount of detail and research that goes into play when expanding into new markets!
Not Great
Team Generalist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJAugust 27, 2014
need better management. Easy job if you like to constantly do the same routine every day. It is only good when overtime is scheduled
Validation Project Manager (Former Employee), Mahawa NJAugust 26, 2014
Stryker is a broadly based, global leader in medical technology that consistently delivers exceptional results. It is one of the largest players in the $28.6 billion worldwide orthopedic market and their products improve medical professionals and patient’s lives in over 120 countries.
Awesome place to work at.
Regulatory Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Kalamazoo MIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: you get to work on all aspects of regulatory
Cons: no canteen in the office
My typical day deals with all kind of fun regulatory activities like complaint handling, MDR reporting, 510k application creation, LTFs, holds, recalls, etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stryker

Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make – Read more

Stryker Photos