Strut Creative is looking for a highly creative, collaborative and organized Graphic Designer with proven design experience across a variety of print and interactive mediums. This person is fuelled by a fast-paced and dynamic environment and is skilled at delivering multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is passionate about their craft, believes strategy is as important as the sizzle, pays exceptional attention to detail and has strong communication skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing a strong working relationship with other Strut team members to ensure best-in-class work, creative collaboration and coordination on parallel projects
- Creative ideation and design for print, digital, mobile and video media
- Providing strategic rationale for your solutions to the project team and clients
- Balancing creative requirements with clients’ business requirements
- Communicating with the Creative Director on challenges and/or opportunities
- Strong attention to detail for the production of accurate and error-free work
- Remaining at the forefront of current design trends and emerging production technologies/tools
- Working as part of a team with copywriters, photographers, illustrators, other designers, web developers and project managers
- Designing mood boards, storyboards, interactive page layouts, site grids and interface demos
- Production, image-editing, pre-press and web/digital asset optimization
We’re looking for:
- 5 years' experience as a Graphic Designer in both traditional and online environments
- Degree or diploma in a related field of study such as Visual Communications or Graphic Design
- Outstanding creativity and an amazing portfolio, without an outstanding ego
- Demonstrated ability to produce innovative design solutions from a Creative Brief that meet client needs, budgets and deadlines
- Ability to design "from concept to final artwork" for a variety of audiences
- Strong design skills, including experience devising creative and integrated design solutions within the constraints of traditional media and various online delivery channels (web, mobile, apps, etc.)
- An in-depth understanding of web design principles; UX design experience an asset
- Ability to turn a wireframe into something fantastic that may or may not resemble the original wireframe
- Expert knowledge of typography, layout and colour principles
- Strong print and digital production skills; expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work independently or with a team and under pressure
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enviable problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organization abilities
- Demonstrated interest in remaining at the forefront of current design trends
- Willingness to experiment with new ideas and tools
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please submit your cover letter, résumé and portfolio link in confidence by February 22nd, 2013.
Strut Creative brings advanced communications to technology and advanced technology to communications. We've brought together a diverse team, with a very wide variety of skill sets and experiences which permits us to approach projects with open minds and find the best solution for the problem at hand. Though we are passionate about what we do, we are not divas. Foremost, we are problem-solvers and constantly bust our butts to make our clients look good – performing miracles when required.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Strut Creative brings advanced communications to technology and advanced technology to communications. We've brought together a diverse...