Reporting to the Manager, Communications, you will play an important role in the development and delivery of graphic and web design practices for Strong Like A Lion Productions. As part of the internship, the Manager, Communications will supervise and mentor your work to assist you in developing skills and abilities that are mutually agreed upon.
The main objective of this position is to layout and publish our official website and update it as necessary during your contract. Also, producing design elements as needed, ie: coding, web pages, icons, photos, banners
Strong Like A Lion is a small independent record label with ongoing projects, initiatives developed consistently.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person!
We're looking for a talented & dedicated graphic design student who is interested in working in a start up company on a part-time basis. There may be the possibility of a contract extension.
The ideal candidate will be extremely articulate with a great attention to detail, highly creative, respectful of deadlines, and fully versed with the full Adobe Creative Suite.
Preference will be given to those with advanced Photoshop and Dreamweaver talent.
Additional Website development and relevant software skills are HIGHLY desirable!
You MUST be proficient in Website design and FULLY UNDERSTAND SEO
Please send details i.e work samples and/or resume.
While we cannot offer paid compensation at this time, we can offer other perks such as:
-working from home majority of the time
-a very short work week
-free S.L.A.L. merchandise
Using our brand identity, create:
- Website layout and publishing
- Advertising design (flyers, brochures, banner ads, etc)
- Web graphics for social media & free customer education pieces
- Graphics for email marketing campaigns (e-flyers)
- Be available either 2-3 full working days a week. However, we're open to taking you on full time for the summer if you wish!
- A diploma or degree in graphic design/illustration, or one in progress. We will also consider individuals without a degree but with self-taught, proven experience (you must have a solid portfolio of past work).
- High level skills in Adobe products OR their equivalent. (Whether it's PhotoShop or GIMP 2, Illustrator or Inkscape - we want you to use what you need to get the job done).
- Experience designing for digital environments (web, mobile apps).
- High level understanding of printing terminology (offset and digital)
- A great attitude & a willingness to work with others.
- Must be able to manage tasks and duties independently with a strong ability for attention to detail
- Be familiar with Skype, FaceTime, DropBox and/or Google Hangouts as you'll need to be in contact with us when you're working from the comfort of your home!
- Not afraid to ask questions or to make suggestions. We have a very open environment.
Send us a copy of your resume & a link to your portfolio site
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Thank you for your interest and Good Luck!