Stringam Denecky LLP is recruiting for a Real Estate Paralegal/Legal Assistant | Lethbridge, Alberta
Stringam Denecky LLP was established over 100 years ago, but we are by no means stuck in the past. Our demand for excellence has shaped us into a focused and streamlined firm, committed to providing the very best legal services.
With offices located in Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Brooks, Fort McMurray, Taber and Raymond, our team has experience handling a variety of cases in all areas of law, from family and divorce to business, agriculture, wills and estates, and personal injury.
Are you interested in becoming the next member of this exceptional team? Our goal is to employ great people who are interested in contributing to the success of our business and the profession we serve. We hope you choose Stringam Denecky as your employer of choice towards a meaningful career in law.
To be considered for the position of Paralegal or Legal Assistant you must have at least two (2) years of experience supporting a Real Estate practice. The successful candidate is expected to manage a variety of matters as a member of this team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Skilled at conveyancing process, experience with purchase, sales, refinancing and mortgages, ability to draft documents, registration and or discharge at Land Titles, ability to prioritize a high volume of work, excellent communication and team building skills.
- Support large transactions up to the closing, including preparing and managing all documents and media required for closings, processing documents for signature, preparing letters, managing sub-files and organizing closings.
- Proofread documents to ensure completeness.
- Process all correspondence, memoranda, reports, forms, including complex documents through dictation, respond to all instructions, in accordance with firm processes.
- Coordinate client meetings, to ensure all resources are provided to meet client needs.
- Attention to detail including accuracy and consistent quality of work.
- Intermediate computer skill including knowledge of conveyancing software; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both the written and verbal form.
- Professional demeanor with an ability to manage all incoming telephone inquiries, work well with colleagues, lawyers, external clients and outside service providers.
Completion of an accredited legal assistant or paralegal diploma program with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an established law firm.
Compensation & Hours:
Compensation competitive and commensurate with experience. Regular full-time or part-time position with working hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM subject to change from time to time. We provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance, vacation and sick time benefits. Contact us directly on a confidential basis if you are interested in this opportunity. Stringam is an equal opportunity employer.
Stringam wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.