Strike Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
tough job
B-Pressure welder's helper (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 4, 2016
A day at work was helping a welder in his duties throughout the day. mostly just handing tools over when asked, setting up the work or cleanup the job site. Seldom i was given lessons on stick welding, i also learned how to use some specialty tools like a pipe beveller or different types of leveling tools. management there was very on top of things and always knew who was going were. Some of the people there were difficult to get along with but i typically only worked with one person whom i got along great with. The hardest part of the job was the insanely long hours and all of the driving it took to get to the job site. I enjoyed the friendly competition that the welders took part in.
awesome experience and welcome the chance to do it again
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2016
no complaints. work was standard 12hr shifts. meals were packed and taken for the days work. after work, dinner is cooked hot and the day is over. some coworkers are miserable but Ive tolerated worse. thank you strike for the opportunity!
horrible management
Second year apprentice electrician (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABOctober 26, 2015
ten thumbs down, the management only cares about themselves and have no interest in hiring people they only want numbers and yes men
Run for the hills
Crossfield (Former Employee), AlbertaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management, favortism, no communication
If you are family or a friend of management you will be protected. This is a company that will keep family/friends safe and dispose of other employees that are doing a great job. Definitely have their favorites. If you fit into this category you will be fine. If not, stay as far away as possible.
Good experience
Lead hand/ Foreman in Training (Former Employee), Peace River, ABDecember 8, 2015
Good company to work for. Good people I worked with, enjoyable in the sense to quality of work to quality of life. Good company I like working for strike energy.
looking for full time position, I'm available immediately.
Side-boom Operator (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABJanuary 4, 2016
We poor boy-ed the job so I ran side boom on every crew so that was refreshing, I have not done that in awhile. Good crews. Old equipment but ran half decent.
great
Electrical Apprentice and Lead Hand (Former Employee), saskatoonMarch 30, 2015
Pros: LOA
Cons: bad way to treat employees
they changed how they give out hours when a new general foreman took over. Only allowed to work long hours when it benefits the company
Good place to work in.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
There was freedom to express your opinion and enabled a good job work life balance. The management was good but biased in some cases. Overall It was a good place to work.
What I learned
Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Wasn't any
Working for Strike energy was an amazing learning experience because of the great leadership and connections that could be made because of this experience.
Paid well and on time
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter LH (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: higher pay then average
Cons: no travel to fly to saskatoon
Kept me employed during the down turn in the energy sector. Always paid me on time and got me training when i needed it. would deffintly work for Strike again
Do not trust anything they promise you
Administrator (Former Employee), Various locationsAugust 2, 2014
Pros: the only one i can think of is that it is out of the city.
Cons: pretty much everything else.
It is a culture of nepotism, favoritism and teachers pet. If you don't Briwn nose the manager in the way he or she likes they will demote you and cut your pay. Currently in the Crossfield location all management and supervisors are not qualified in any way to be in their positions. They place those who they find their favorites inquisitions higher than those with actual qualifications. Unless you related to a manager, stay far far away.
good coworkers, bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), saskatchewanApril 20, 2015
well the management from the site im at likes to operate on fear to keep the workers straight, if theres a retention bonus they'll be sure to get out of paying anybody but the higher ups. so rather than using proper management techniques they operate on fear due to lack of experience and knowledge.
working for strike energy
material handler (Former Employee), balzac,ABJanuary 30, 2015
i loved working for strike. The management and supervision team was amazing,they were fair with all workers and made sure that everyone was doing there job safely every day, and there to help if needed.my co workers were all very hard working and dedicated to doing there jobs safetly and efficiently , which made me feel better about being there. i have learned a lot in my time at strike, i am striving to be a pipefitter, so being in the materials warehouse was a great place for me to start.
what a joke
Pipefitter (Former Employee), balzacMay 8, 2015
The worse place I have ever worked at. The Management team had no clue of what they were doing and treated everyone like garbage.
Poor Company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee), all over alberta, saskatchewan, and manitobaAugust 3, 2014
Cons: poor managment, no real direction on sites
Worked for Strike for well over a year on numerous different sites. Supers were all fantastic guys to work with and for. Office management on the other hand are useless and along with safety and the COO are all about false promises. No room for real true advancement or real proper training. If you want training you have to pay for it yourself!
Difficult because of sporadic work schedule.
General laborer (Current Employee), Fox CreekJune 15, 2015
Enjoy working with my hands ... building. Finishing the job. Outdoors is a big bonus for me. Working away from home is sometimes difficult but makes homecoming that much better.
Great Company
Piping Superintendent (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: worker feed back
Cons: camp work
Well organized, Good facilities, Management is friendly, A good benefit package, Co workers a skilled, Learned a lot of new skills
Stay away if your a journeyman.....
pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: camp
Cons: poor managment, unticketed trades people
I worked for strike for a couple of months and have never scene apprentices as foreman. This company is cheap. They only hire journeyman to help them because all the office staff is unticketed. I have never scene an oil field company with no skill or experience at a mid level oil and gas operation. If you need short term work its good but don't stick around because they will get rid of you fast. Strike says they want to play with the big boys but the way they treat journeyman is no way to succeed in this business. Stay away
they were good to me.
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee), Balzac, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of work
Cons: its in the patch24
Flint is a typical big oil company. Don't honor apprentice rates, far from transparent management, offer lots of work and hours though. Same bs different pile.
good company to work for awsome camp
Pipe fitter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: dis organized
good company to work for good people good management just dis organized day to day never knew what you were gonna be doing. Good potential for new employees to exceed they will give you a chance
Headquarters