Strike

Strike Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
For what it's worth!!!
Pipe fitter apprentice (Former Employee), Balzac mod yardApril 12, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: poor management
Former employee at Balzac mod yard. Poor wages. Will not teach. If ur not the teachers pet forget about it. Just show up for work and collect ur pay. Was promised lots of work they hired a bunch of guys then they laid us all off once the work was caught up. Stay away !!!!
Good place to learn
Welder (Former Employee), Balzac, ABApril 9, 2014
If you get placed under good workers you can learn the in's and outs.
here is my thoughts
Swamper (Former Employee), High Level, ABFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: long hours camp work
Cons: dont train
good place to work if you want your pay to get shorted every payday
sporadic employment
Hoe & dozer operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: not steady and very cheap wages and truck pay
Their mind-set is to acheive the job completion with the minamal amount of resources and manpower but just maintain a level of safety and performance that outwardly looks good to their customer but if delved into would not pass muster.
ok
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee), ABDecember 11, 2013
fair rate. good hours management communication good
one. excellent human resources.
Great enviroment.
Project Manager Kathryn Modular (Current Employee), Kathryn AlbertaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Strike is a good company to work for. Great hard working people.
Very poor treatment.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Edson, ABNovember 13, 2013
A friend and myself were hired last February with the promise of lots of work, long term employment. A few days apart we were both told that work was winding down and they were parking some of the machines. He showed up and got his hoe going, had the tailgate and was just starting to walk his machine in when he had another employee come up and say he – more... was taking over the hoe. He went to the forman and was told sorry the other guy was late and they needed him to get the hoe ready, sorry but you are not needed anymore. Four days later i was approched by my forman and he said they were done with my hoe, shut it down and head to camp. I forgot my coffee cup in it so i headed back to get it and found another guy getting ready to jump in the hoe. After a half hour on the phone with the guy that hired us i finally got it out of him that we were hired to fill seats to cover guys days off.
Don't waste your time with these guys. – less
Best company to work for.
HSE (Current Employee), CrossfieldAugust 16, 2013
Moral here is great and they give you the training you need to succeed. With a growing company comes alot of room for advancement if you are dedicated and want to move up, the sky is the limit. I would recommend them to anyone.
Love working at Strike!
Business Development Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 16, 2013
Pros: contractor of the year 2013 - says it all!!!
Cons: having to sometimes take work home.
Although my job can be highly stressful most of the time, I receive full support from the other BD team members (not to mention other Strikees).
I love that Strike supports and sponsors myself and other Strikees for their personal passions (mine being darts!). Strike does so much good work with and for the community - we even have our own "Social-lites" – more... group which organizes events for team building and charities.
I've learned so much from working at Strike, I don't really know where to start!
I think the hardest part of my job is gathering information and documents for proposals so that nothing is left until the last day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting home to my family each evening and looking back on what I've accomplished during the day. – less
Fun work place.
Support and Train staff (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2013
Bonus

Excellant salary

Great work environment.

Great team work.
Productive and Safe Work Place
Steamfitter Apprentice (Former Employee), crossfeild abFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: sick days, personal stuff, benifits
Cons: so employees, poor managment
The co-works at Strike were awsome and would help you with whatever your tasks were. I learn a how to be a welder help and a fitter apperntice. My most enjoyable part of the job was working on plant sites.
laborious, high pressure, exciting, and love to work outside, no matter the conditions.
Welder's Helper/Laborer (Current Employee), ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: l.o.a., the odd free lunch, and the people.
Cons: being away from family and friends.
generally the days are long hours but seem short there is always something to do. it can be quite dangerous but if you are aware of yourself and your surroundings things go smooth. the hardest part of the job is the labor at times but mostly enduring the weather conditions, the odd thing about that is, that those are also my favorite parts. i treat – more... it like i'm constantly testing my body and mind. and no matter what kind of day you're having the people your work with are going through the same so its kind of like a band of brothers when your on a pipe line crew. everybody helps each other out – less
Pipeline company that cares about their employees!
Laborer (Former Employee), EdsonOctober 29, 2012
Pros: camps, great co workers
Cons: few job openings
Work days were great arrived at 6:30am and typically worked till approximately 7:00pm. Depending on the day I would be doing anything from cleaning the shop to bringing 6 inch pipe in and out of the shop for the welders.
Learned a lot as a welder's helper
Good employee atmosphere
Contract Welder/ Fitter (Current Employee), crossfield, abMay 7, 2012
A typical day at work would be standing at a wheel rolling pipe out. you stay within your hired work scope and they do tend to keep busy year round. lower on pay and management can be influenced a great deal on their personal favours
fun, upbeat company with family atmosphere
EHS ASSISTANT/Procurement specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: celebrate birthday, holidays, silly contest, gym membership
Cons: seemed like there were favorites
I absolutely loved my job at Strike. More than anything, I loved the people I worked with. There was a definite sense of family.
fun place to work
Welder (Former Employee), Taber Alta.March 12, 2012
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no cons
all around good people to work with
good health benefits
room for advancement
EMPRESA TRANQUILA DE SE TRABALHAR.
AUXILIAR DE LOGÍSTICA (Former Employee), Maceió, ALFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: oportunidade de aprender em outros setores.
Cons: não fornece vale refeição.
INFELIZMENTE FOI APENAS UM ESTÁGIO, JÁ QUE ESTAVA PRESTES A TERMINAR MEU CURSO TÉCNICO, MAS A EXPERIÊNCIA FOI VÁLIDA E MUITO PROVEITOSA. GOSTEI MUITO DE TER PASSADO TRÊS MESES NA EMPRESA. OS MEUS COLEGAS DE TRABALHO ME AJUDARAM MUITO A CONHECER ALGUNS MÉTODOS DE CONTROLE ADOTADOS PELA EMPRESA. A PARTE QUE MAIS GOSTEI NO TRABALHO FOI QUANDO MUDEI DE – more... FUNÇÃO E PUDE TER A OPORTUNIDADE DE CONHECER ALGUNS SETORES E APRENDER MUITO COM ELES. O DIA DE TRABALHO ERA MUITO CORRIDO, MAS SEMPRE GOSTEI DE MOVIMENTAÇÃO E ME ADAPTEI RÁPIDO AO RITMO DA EMPRESA. – less

About Strike

Strike is a leading energy service and construction company supporting the oil and gas industry throughout the Western Canadian – Read more