Strike Employee Reviews in Canada

tough job
B-Pressure welder's helper (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 4, 2016
A day at work was helping a welder in his duties throughout the day. mostly just handing tools over when asked, setting up the work or cleanup the job site. Seldom i was given lessons on stick welding, i also learned how to use some specialty tools like a pipe beveller or different types of leveling tools. management there was very on top of things and always knew who was going were. Some of the people there were difficult to get along with but i typically only worked with one person whom i got along great with. The hardest part of the job was the insanely long hours and all of the driving it took to get to the job site. I enjoyed the friendly competition that the welders took part in.
awesome experience and welcome the chance to do it again
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2016
no complaints. work was standard 12hr shifts. meals were packed and taken for the days work. after work, dinner is cooked hot and the day is over. some coworkers are miserable but Ive tolerated worse. thank you strike for the opportunity!
Great people. Safe work space
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABJune 6, 2016
Great people to work for for the most part. sometimes a bit of lack of respect for personal life of workers though with the weird hours and un expected calls to work.
Pros
People, Safety
Cons
Weird hours sometimes
looking for full time position, I'm available immediately.
Side-boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, ABJanuary 4, 2016
We poor boy-ed the job so I ran side boom on every crew so that was refreshing, I have not done that in awhile. Good crews. Old equipment but ran half decent.
Good experience
Lead hand/ Foreman in Training (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABDecember 8, 2015
Good company to work for. Good people I worked with, enjoyable in the sense to quality of work to quality of life. Good company I like working for strike energy.
Run for the hills
Crossfield (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 19, 2015
If you are family or a friend of management you will be protected. This is a company that will keep family/friends safe and dispose of other employees that are doing a great job. Definitely have their favorites. If you fit into this category you will be fine. If not, stay as far away as possible.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management, favortism, no communication
Paid well and on time
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter LH (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 12, 2015
Kept me employed during the down turn in the energy sector. Always paid me on time and got me training when i needed it. would deffintly work for Strike again
Pros
higher pay then average
Cons
no travel to fly to saskatoon
horrible management
Second year apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABOctober 26, 2015
ten thumbs down, the management only cares about themselves and have no interest in hiring people they only want numbers and yes men
What I learned
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Working for Strike energy was an amazing learning experience because of the great leadership and connections that could be made because of this experience.
Pros
Cons
Wasn't any
Daily Duties-Coating Foreman
Coating/Pigging Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, Alberta.March 15, 2015
Some of my daily duties included but were not limited too:
Hold tailgate meetings
Acquiring Safe work permits
Identifying hazards on jobsite
Attend foreman's meetings
QC (NDT/DT, paperwork, pictures)
Assign crew members to locations, and specific jobs
Ensuring members of crew understand the tasks and hazards associated with the specific jobs
Verifying jobs are done correctly and efficiently
Sign crew in and out
good coworkers, bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  saskatchewanApril 20, 2015
well the management from the site im at likes to operate on fear to keep the workers straight, if theres a retention bonus they'll be sure to get out of paying anybody but the higher ups. so rather than using proper management techniques they operate on fear due to lack of experience and knowledge.
Stay away if your a journeyman.....
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayFebruary 19, 2015
I worked for strike for a couple of months and have never scene apprentices as foreman. This company is cheap. They only hire journeyman to help them because all the office staff is unticketed. I have never scene an oil field company with no skill or experience at a mid level oil and gas operation. If you need short term work its good but don't stick around because they will get rid of you fast. Strike says they want to play with the big boys but the way they treat journeyman is no way to succeed in this business. Stay away
Pros
camp
Cons
poor managment, unticketed trades people
Difficult because of sporadic work schedule.
General laborer (Current Employee) –  Fox CreekJune 15, 2015
Enjoy working with my hands ... building. Finishing the job. Outdoors is a big bonus for me. Working away from home is sometimes difficult but makes homecoming that much better.
working for strike energy
material handler (Former Employee) –  balzac,ABJanuary 30, 2015
i loved working for strike. The management and supervision team was amazing,they were fair with all workers and made sure that everyone was doing there job safely every day, and there to help if needed.my co workers were all very hard working and dedicated to doing there jobs safetly and efficiently , which made me feel better about being there. i have learned a lot in my time at strike, i am striving to be a pipefitter, so being in the materials warehouse was a great place for me to start.
Very enjoyable company
Apprentice/Journeyman Welder Level One QA/QC (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2015
High energy, safe orientated environment.
Continually expanding knowledge if the oil and gas industry.
Always wanting to find ways to better educate and inform their employees.
Make sure everyone is involved in maintaining a safe work environment for them and others that work around them.
Close to home
Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Crossfield, ABMarch 26, 2015
Location is close to home, just a small commute. People I have met within the company are very good to work with. Hardest part of the job would be multitasking 3 or 4 jobs at the same time and having to bring work home.
Guy (Current Employee) –  albertaJanuary 27, 2015
Every day has been a new challenge. Great group of people to work with. I enjoy going to work each and every day. I have had a chance to learn a lot and continue to learn. It's nice towork and make good money and be home every night. Everyone is a lot of fun and very easy to get a long with.
Pros
good money
Cons
the drive
Do not trust anything they promise you
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Various locationsAugust 2, 2014
It is a culture of nepotism, favoritism and teachers pet. If you don't Briwn nose the manager in the way he or she likes they will demote you and cut your pay. Currently in the Crossfield location all management and supervisors are not qualified in any way to be in their positions. They place those who they find their favorites inquisitions higher than those with actual qualifications. Unless you related to a manager, stay far far away.
Pros
the only one i can think of is that it is out of the city.
Cons
pretty much everything else.
Poor Company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  all over alberta, saskatchewan, and manitobaAugust 3, 2014
Worked for Strike for well over a year on numerous different sites. Supers were all fantastic guys to work with and for. Office management on the other hand are useless and along with safety and the COO are all about false promises. No room for real true advancement or real proper training. If you want training you have to pay for it yourself!
Cons
poor managment, no real direction on sites
Fun, Productive, Busy, Work Environment with lots of Bonuses
Field Administrator (Former Employee) –  SaskatchewanJune 12, 2014
Set up work space
Printed of Tailgate Meeting
Prepared for Tailgate Meeting
Took Minutes of the Meetings
Maintained file systems
Organized and arranged for office and washroom trailers for site
Organized and arranged for office supplies
Organized and arranged for office furniture
Performed billing, payroll, invoicing, and other office duties
Responsible to close up and finalize all office and billing aspects of the job from us to the Client

I enjoyed those i worked with and around, and the team environment that was offered.

The most enjoyable part of my job with Strike was the challenge it offered and how there was a challenge everyday. The feeling of satisfaction is wonderful.