Strike Employee Reviews

While i worked there the company showed great appreciation for their workers.
STRUCTURAL FOREMAN/ SUPERINTENDENT TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB10 August 2017
work life balance was very good. most days were consistent. Management would often provide hot lunches. Work areas were well managed and well maintained.
My Favorite Oil Field company to work at
Welder/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Crossfield, AB28 July 2017
I worked on numerous jobs with strike energy, Always a great company to work with, Good Pay, Good management and they care about employees safety and well being more than anyone else Ive ever worked for.
I will Go Back
Steamfitter/ Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Crossfield, AB14 July 2017
Strike is an up in coming company that will have room to grow your profession. I am a Journeyman now and looking for something more. The rates are low but for the most part they keep a good hand busy.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
non paid lunches
Horrible management and even worse pay
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB10 July 2017
Horrible leadership, cheap area manager that wants nothing but to impress daddy. Estimators try their best to do their job then they get slashed by 10% by the manager so that they get awarded the jobs and then always come in over budget
im not sure what to write here
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 February 2017
everyday was always the same, we would sit down before we started list the hazards and controls to be put in place. i would assist the welders with setting up for the welds as well as during, be it fitting, preheating, buffing and grinding, to running to grab water, whatever they needed we fullfilled. most of the management was good there were a few in place that had me questioning things but all and all everyone was great. it was a fairly good environment were all trades men so we generally all get along but everyone butts heads eventually its just how you deal with it. hardest part of the job would be the travelling the best part would also be the travelling, seeing canada for free has been nice.
Pros
the people
Cons
good atmosphere and good team to work with
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB7 October 2016
really enjoyed working with strike. good rates and good jobs. management seems to be disconnected with whats going on in the field but they keep out of your hair
Worst company ever!!!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 July 2016
Worked for strike for 4 months formans drinking and getting high every night. One even got a impaired in the strike truck. Then they come to work and treat everyone horribly because they are hung over and hardly slept. Someone will end up getting killed on one of their jobs!! Stay away from strike!!!!!
Great people. Safe work space
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB6 June 2016
Great people to work for for the most part. sometimes a bit of lack of respect for personal life of workers though with the weird hours and un expected calls to work.
Pros
People, Safety
Cons
Weird hours sometimes
tough job
B-Pressure welder's helper (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 April 2016
A day at work was helping a welder in his duties throughout the day. mostly just handing tools over when asked, setting up the work or cleanup the job site. Seldom i was given lessons on stick welding, i also learned how to use some specialty tools like a pipe beveller or different types of leveling tools. management there was very on top of things and always knew who was going were. Some of the people there were difficult to get along with but i typically only worked with one person whom i got along great with. The hardest part of the job was the insanely long hours and all of the driving it took to get to the job site. I enjoyed the friendly competition that the welders took part in.
awesome experience and welcome the chance to do it again
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 March 2016
no complaints. work was standard 12hr shifts. meals were packed and taken for the days work. after work, dinner is cooked hot and the day is over. some coworkers are miserable but Ive tolerated worse. thank you strike for the opportunity!
looking for full time position, I'm available immediately.
Side-boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB4 January 2016
We poor boy-ed the job so I ran side boom on every crew so that was refreshing, I have not done that in awhile. Good crews. Old equipment but ran half decent.
Good experience
Lead hand/ Foreman in Training (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 December 2015
Good company to work for. Good people I worked with, enjoyable in the sense to quality of work to quality of life. Good company I like working for strike energy.
horrible management
Second year apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB26 October 2015
ten thumbs down, the management only cares about themselves and have no interest in hiring people they only want numbers and yes men
What I learned
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Working for Strike energy was an amazing learning experience because of the great leadership and connections that could be made because of this experience.
Pros
Cons
Wasn't any
Paid well and on time
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter LH (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2015
Kept me employed during the down turn in the energy sector. Always paid me on time and got me training when i needed it. would deffintly work for Strike again
Pros
higher pay then average
Cons
no travel to fly to saskatoon
Run for the hills
Crossfield (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2015
If you are family or a friend of management you will be protected. This is a company that will keep family/friends safe and dispose of other employees that are doing a great job. Definitely have their favorites. If you fit into this category you will be fine. If not, stay as far away as possible.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management, favortism, no communication
Difficult because of sporadic work schedule.
General laborer (Current Employee) –  Fox Creek15 June 2015
Enjoy working with my hands ... building. Finishing the job. Outdoors is a big bonus for me. Working away from home is sometimes difficult but makes homecoming that much better.
what a joke
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  balzac8 May 2015
The worse place I have ever worked at. The Management team had no clue of what they were doing and treated everyone like garbage.
good coworkers, bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  saskatchewan20 April 2015
well the management from the site im at likes to operate on fear to keep the workers straight, if theres a retention bonus they'll be sure to get out of paying anybody but the higher ups. so rather than using proper management techniques they operate on fear due to lack of experience and knowledge.
great
Electrical Apprentice and Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  saskatoon30 March 2015
they changed how they give out hours when a new general foreman took over. Only allowed to work long hours when it benefits the company
Pros
Loa
Cons
bad way to treat employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strike. Our community is ready to answer.