Strike Employee Reviews

im not sure what to write here
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 February 2017
everyday was always the same, we would sit down before we started list the hazards and controls to be put in place. i would assist the welders with setting up for the welds as well as during, be it fitting, preheating, buffing and grinding, to running to grab water, whatever they needed we fullfilled. most of the management was good there were a few in place that had me questioning things but all and all everyone was great. it was a fairly good environment were all trades men so we generally all get along but everyone butts heads eventually its just how you deal with it. hardest part of the job would be the travelling the best part would also be the travelling, seeing canada for free has been nice.
Pros
the people
Cons
good atmosphere and good team to work with
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB7 October 2016
really enjoyed working with strike. good rates and good jobs. management seems to be disconnected with whats going on in the field but they keep out of your hair
Worst company ever!!!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB11 July 2016
Worked for strike for 4 months formans drinking and getting high every night. One even got a impaired in the strike truck. Then they come to work and treat everyone horribly because they are hung over and hardly slept. Someone will end up getting killed on one of their jobs!! Stay away from strike!!!!!
tough job
B-Pressure welder's helper (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 April 2016
A day at work was helping a welder in his duties throughout the day. mostly just handing tools over when asked, setting up the work or cleanup the job site. Seldom i was given lessons on stick welding, i also learned how to use some specialty tools like a pipe beveller or different types of leveling tools. management there was very on top of things and always knew who was going were. Some of the people there were difficult to get along with but i typically only worked with one person whom i got along great with. The hardest part of the job was the insanely long hours and all of the driving it took to get to the job site. I enjoyed the friendly competition that the welders took part in.
Great people. Safe work space
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB6 June 2016
Great people to work for for the most part. sometimes a bit of lack of respect for personal life of workers though with the weird hours and un expected calls to work.
Pros
People, Safety
Cons
Weird hours sometimes
awesome experience and welcome the chance to do it again
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 March 2016
no complaints. work was standard 12hr shifts. meals were packed and taken for the days work. after work, dinner is cooked hot and the day is over. some coworkers are miserable but Ive tolerated worse. thank you strike for the opportunity!
Run for the hills
Crossfield (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2015
If you are family or a friend of management you will be protected. This is a company that will keep family/friends safe and dispose of other employees that are doing a great job. Definitely have their favorites. If you fit into this category you will be fine. If not, stay as far away as possible.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor management, favortism, no communication
looking for full time position, I'm available immediately.
Side-boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB4 January 2016
We poor boy-ed the job so I ran side boom on every crew so that was refreshing, I have not done that in awhile. Good crews. Old equipment but ran half decent.
Daily Duties-Coating Foreman
Coating/Pigging Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, Alberta.15 March 2015
Some of my daily duties included but were not limited too:
Hold tailgate meetings
Acquiring Safe work permits
Identifying hazards on jobsite
Attend foreman's meetings
QC (NDT/DT, paperwork, pictures)
Assign crew members to locations, and specific jobs
Ensuring members of crew understand the tasks and hazards associated with the specific jobs
Verifying jobs are done correctly and efficiently
Sign crew in and out
Stay away if your a journeyman.....
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray19 February 2015
I worked for strike for a couple of months and have never scene apprentices as foreman. This company is cheap. They only hire journeyman to help them because all the office staff is unticketed. I have never scene an oil field company with no skill or experience at a mid level oil and gas operation. If you need short term work its good but don't stick around because they will get rid of you fast. Strike says they want to play with the big boys but the way they treat journeyman is no way to succeed in this business. Stay away
Pros
camp
Cons
poor managment, unticketed trades people
working for strike energy
material handler (Former Employee) –  balzac,AB30 January 2015
i loved working for strike. The management and supervision team was amazing,they were fair with all workers and made sure that everyone was doing there job safely every day, and there to help if needed.my co workers were all very hard working and dedicated to doing there jobs safetly and efficiently , which made me feel better about being there. i have learned a lot in my time at strike, i am striving to be a pipefitter, so being in the materials warehouse was a great place for me to start.
Do not trust anything they promise you
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Various locations2 August 2014
It is a culture of nepotism, favoritism and teachers pet. If you don't Briwn nose the manager in the way he or she likes they will demote you and cut your pay. Currently in the Crossfield location all management and supervisors are not qualified in any way to be in their positions. They place those who they find their favorites inquisitions higher than those with actual qualifications. Unless you related to a manager, stay far far away.
Pros
The only one I can think of is that it is out of the city.
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Brutal
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary8 May 2014
Worst management I've seen to date, was hired and immiedately after starting work was given days off for no work and subsequently a couple days after that most of the new hires we're given temporary lay offs. Their hiring add is still up.
Zero transparency from worker to employer. Zero open door policy since it seems no one has a clue what's going on in the office.
Turn over rate is so high theres utter confusion up the management ladder of who does what and what their roles and responsibilities are.
Completely unprofessional and a bunch of scabs.
Just a total lack of respect and disregard for workers in general.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Useless management
Needs major improvements
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary Area mod yards, AB5 May 2014
Highly unorganized, inefficient management of manpower. Little accountability for supervisors and leaders. Very little support for workers. Low wages. Constantly asked to work on days off. HUGE and over bearing workloads. Just a mess.

The best part of the job was the co-workers, amazing group of people who are unfortunately, literally pushed beyond their limits.

I truly believe that this company will be great to work for in the future... once they get their feet and management under them.
laborious, high pressure, exciting, and love to work outside, no matter the conditions.
Welder's Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  AB11 December 2012
generally the days are long hours but seem short there is always something to do. it can be quite dangerous but if you are aware of yourself and your surroundings things go smooth. the hardest part of the job is the labor at times but mostly enduring the weather conditions, the odd thing about that is, that those are also my favorite parts. i treat it like i'm constantly testing my body and mind. and no matter what kind of day you're having the people your work with are going through the same so its kind of like a band of brothers when your on a pipe line crew. everybody helps each other out
Pros
l.o.a., the odd free lunch, and the people.
Cons
being away from family and friends.
Fun, Productive, Busy, Work Environment with lots of Bonuses
Field Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan12 June 2014
Set up work space
Printed of Tailgate Meeting
Prepared for Tailgate Meeting
Took Minutes of the Meetings
Maintained file systems
Organized and arranged for office and washroom trailers for site
Organized and arranged for office supplies
Organized and arranged for office furniture
Performed billing, payroll, invoicing, and other office duties
Responsible to close up and finalize all office and billing aspects of the job from us to the Client

I enjoyed those i worked with and around, and the team environment that was offered.

The most enjoyable part of my job with Strike was the challenge it offered and how there was a challenge everyday. The feeling of satisfaction is wonderful.
Good experience
Lead hand/ Foreman in Training (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 December 2015
Good company to work for. Good people I worked with, enjoyable in the sense to quality of work to quality of life. Good company I like working for strike energy.
Poor Company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee) –  all over alberta, saskatchewan, and manitoba3 August 2014
Worked for Strike for well over a year on numerous different sites. Supers were all fantastic guys to work with and for. Office management on the other hand are useless and along with safety and the COO are all about false promises. No room for real true advancement or real proper training. If you want training you have to pay for it yourself!
Pros
Cons
poor managment, no real direction on sites
Paid well and on time
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter LH (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2015
Kept me employed during the down turn in the energy sector. Always paid me on time and got me training when i needed it. would deffintly work for Strike again
Pros
higher pay then average
Cons
no travel to fly to saskatoon
good coworkers, bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  saskatchewan20 April 2015
well the management from the site im at likes to operate on fear to keep the workers straight, if theres a retention bonus they'll be sure to get out of paying anybody but the higher ups. so rather than using proper management techniques they operate on fear due to lack of experience and knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strike. Our community is ready to answer.