Strike

Strike Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Company to work for
Electrician (Former Employee), all over alberta, saskatchewan, and manitobaAugust 3, 2014
Cons: poor managment, no real direction on sites
Worked for Strike for well over a year on numerous different sites. Supers were all fantastic guys to work with and for. Office management on the other hand are useless and along with safety and the COO are all about false promises. No room for real true advancement or real proper training. If you want training you have to pay for it yourself!
Do not trust anything they promise you
Administrator (Former Employee), Various locationsAugust 2, 2014
Pros: the only one i can think of is that it is out of the city.
Cons: pretty much everything else.
It is a culture of nepotism, favoritism and teachers pet. If you don't Briwn nose the manager in the way he or she likes they will demote you and cut your pay. Currently in the Crossfield location all management and supervisors are not qualified in any way to be in their positions. They place those who they find their favorites inquisitions higher than – more... those with actual qualifications. Unless you related to a manager, stay far far away. – less
Fun, Productive, Busy, Work Environment with lots of Bonuses
Field Administrator (Former Employee), SaskatchewanJune 12, 2014
Set up work space
Printed of Tailgate Meeting
Prepared for Tailgate Meeting
Took Minutes of the Meetings
Maintained file systems
Organized and arranged for office and washroom trailers for site
Organized and arranged for office supplies
Organized and arranged for office furniture
Performed billing, payroll, invoicing, and other office duties
Responsible – more... to close up and finalize all office and billing aspects of the job from us to the Client

I enjoyed those i worked with and around, and the team environment that was offered.

The most enjoyable part of my job with Strike was the challenge it offered and how there was a challenge everyday. The feeling of satisfaction is wonderful. – less
Brutal
Electrician (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 8, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: useless management
Worst management I've seen to date, was hired and immiedately after starting work was given days off for no work and subsequently a couple days after that most of the new hires we're given temporary lay offs. Their hiring add is still up.
Zero transparency from worker to employer. Zero open door policy since it seems no one has a clue what's going on – more... in the office.
Turn over rate is so high theres utter confusion up the management ladder of who does what and what their roles and responsibilities are.
Completely unprofessional and a bunch of scabs.
Just a total lack of respect and disregard for workers in general. – less
Needs major improvements
Quality Control (Former Employee), Calgary Area mod yards, ABMay 5, 2014
Highly unorganized, inefficient management of manpower. Little accountability for supervisors and leaders. Very little support for workers. Low wages. Constantly asked to work on days off. HUGE and over bearing workloads. Just a mess.

The best part of the job was the co-workers, amazing group of people who are unfortunately, literally pushed beyond – more... their limits.

I truly believe that this company will be great to work for in the future... once they get their feet and management under them. – less
For what it's worth!!!
Pipe fitter apprentice (Former Employee), Balzac mod yardApril 12, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: poor management
Former employee at Balzac mod yard. Poor wages. Will not teach. If ur not the teachers pet forget about it. Just show up for work and collect ur pay. Was promised lots of work they hired a bunch of guys then they laid us all off once the work was caught up. Stay away !!!!
Good place to learn
Welder (Former Employee), Balzac, ABApril 9, 2014
If you get placed under good workers you can learn the in's and outs.
here is my thoughts
Swamper (Former Employee), High Level, ABFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: long hours camp work
Cons: dont train
good place to work if you want your pay to get shorted every payday
sporadic employment
Hoe & dozer operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: not steady and very cheap wages and truck pay
Their mind-set is to acheive the job completion with the minamal amount of resources and manpower but just maintain a level of safety and performance that outwardly looks good to their customer but if delved into would not pass muster.
ok
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee), ABDecember 11, 2013
fair rate. good hours management communication good
one. excellent human resources.
Newly formed company which is expanding quickly
Instrumentation Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 8, 2013
Young company that is expanding quickly. Management style is informal and they are focussed on building a large client base with a diversified workforce.
Great enviroment.
Project Manager Kathryn Modular (Current Employee), Kathryn AlbertaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
Strike is a good company to work for. Great hard working people.
Very poor treatment.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Edson, ABNovember 13, 2013
A friend and myself were hired last February with the promise of lots of work, long term employment. A few days apart we were both told that work was winding down and they were parking some of the machines. He showed up and got his hoe going, had the tailgate and was just starting to walk his machine in when he had another employee come up and say he – more... was taking over the hoe. He went to the forman and was told sorry the other guy was late and they needed him to get the hoe ready, sorry but you are not needed anymore. Four days later i was approched by my forman and he said they were done with my hoe, shut it down and head to camp. I forgot my coffee cup in it so i headed back to get it and found another guy getting ready to jump in the hoe. After a half hour on the phone with the guy that hired us i finally got it out of him that we were hired to fill seats to cover guys days off.
Don't waste your time with these guys. – less
Best company to work for.
HSE (Current Employee), CrossfieldAugust 16, 2013
Moral here is great and they give you the training you need to succeed. With a growing company comes alot of room for advancement if you are dedicated and want to move up, the sky is the limit. I would recommend them to anyone.
Love working at Strike!
Business Development Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 16, 2013
Pros: contractor of the year 2013 - says it all!!!
Cons: having to sometimes take work home.
Although my job can be highly stressful most of the time, I receive full support from the other BD team members (not to mention other Strikees).
I love that Strike supports and sponsors myself and other Strikees for their personal passions (mine being darts!). Strike does so much good work with and for the community - we even have our own "Social-lites" – more... group which organizes events for team building and charities.
I've learned so much from working at Strike, I don't really know where to start!
I think the hardest part of my job is gathering information and documents for proposals so that nothing is left until the last day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting home to my family each evening and looking back on what I've accomplished during the day. – less
Fun work place.
Support and Train staff (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2013
Bonus

Excellant salary

Great work environment.

Great team work.
Productive and Safe Work Place
Steamfitter Apprentice (Former Employee), crossfeild abFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: sick days, personal stuff, benifits
Cons: so employees, poor managment
The co-works at Strike were awsome and would help you with whatever your tasks were. I learn a how to be a welder help and a fitter apperntice. My most enjoyable part of the job was working on plant sites.
laborious, high pressure, exciting, and love to work outside, no matter the conditions.
Welder's Helper/Laborer (Current Employee), ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: l.o.a., the odd free lunch, and the people.
Cons: being away from family and friends.
generally the days are long hours but seem short there is always something to do. it can be quite dangerous but if you are aware of yourself and your surroundings things go smooth. the hardest part of the job is the labor at times but mostly enduring the weather conditions, the odd thing about that is, that those are also my favorite parts. i treat – more... it like i'm constantly testing my body and mind. and no matter what kind of day you're having the people your work with are going through the same so its kind of like a band of brothers when your on a pipe line crew. everybody helps each other out – less
Pipeline company that cares about their employees!
Laborer (Former Employee), EdsonOctober 29, 2012
Pros: camps, great co workers
Cons: few job openings
Work days were great arrived at 6:30am and typically worked till approximately 7:00pm. Depending on the day I would be doing anything from cleaning the shop to bringing 6 inch pipe in and out of the shop for the welders.
Learned a lot as a welder's helper
Good employee atmosphere
Contract Welder/ Fitter (Current Employee), crossfield, abMay 7, 2012
A typical day at work would be standing at a wheel rolling pipe out. you stay within your hired work scope and they do tend to keep busy year round. lower on pay and management can be influenced a great deal on their personal favours

About Strike

Strike is a leading energy service and construction company supporting the oil and gas industry throughout the Western Canadian – Read more