Strike

Strike Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience
Lead hand/ Foreman in Training (Former Employee), Peace River, ABDecember 8, 2015
Good company to work for. Good people I worked with, enjoyable in the sense to quality of work to quality of life. Good company I like working for strike energy.
horrible management
Second year apprentice electrician (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABOctober 26, 2015
ten thumbs down, the management only cares about themselves and have no interest in hiring people they only want numbers and yes men
What I learned
Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Wasn't any
Working for Strike energy was an amazing learning experience because of the great leadership and connections that could be made because of this experience.
Paid well and on time
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter LH (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: higher pay then average
Cons: no travel to fly to saskatoon
Kept me employed during the down turn in the energy sector. Always paid me on time and got me training when i needed it. would deffintly work for Strike again
Run for the hills
Crossfield (Former Employee), AlbertaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management, favortism, no communication
If you are family or a friend of management you will be protected. This is a company that will keep family/friends safe and dispose of other employees that are doing a great job. Definitely have their favorites. If you fit into this category you will be fine. If not, stay as far away as possible.
Difficult because of sporadic work schedule.
General laborer (Current Employee), Fox CreekJune 15, 2015
Enjoy working with my hands ... building. Finishing the job. Outdoors is a big bonus for me. Working away from home is sometimes difficult but makes homecoming that much better.
what a joke
Pipefitter (Former Employee), balzacMay 8, 2015
The worse place I have ever worked at. The Management team had no clue of what they were doing and treated everyone like garbage.
good coworkers, bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), saskatchewanApril 20, 2015
well the management from the site im at likes to operate on fear to keep the workers straight, if theres a retention bonus they'll be sure to get out of paying anybody but the higher ups. so rather than using proper management techniques they operate on fear due to lack of experience and knowledge.
great
Electrical Apprentice and Lead Hand (Former Employee), saskatoonMarch 30, 2015
Pros: LOA
Cons: bad way to treat employees
they changed how they give out hours when a new general foreman took over. Only allowed to work long hours when it benefits the company
Close to home
Construction Superintendent (Current Employee), Crossfield, ABMarch 26, 2015
Location is close to home, just a small commute. People I have met within the company are very good to work with. Hardest part of the job would be multitasking 3 or 4 jobs at the same time and having to bring work home.
Great Company
Piping Superintendent (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: worker feed back
Cons: camp work
Well organized, Good facilities, Management is friendly, A good benefit package, Co workers a skilled, Learned a lot of new skills
Daily Duties-Coating Foreman
Coating/Pigging Foreman (Former Employee), Fox Creek, Alberta.March 15, 2015
Some of my daily duties included but were not limited too:
Hold tailgate meetings
Acquiring Safe work permits
Identifying hazards on jobsite
Attend foreman's meetings
QC (NDT/DT, paperwork, pictures)
Assign crew members to locations, and specific jobs
Ensuring members of crew understand the tasks and hazards associated with the specific jobs
Verifying jobs are done correctly and efficiently
Sign crew in and out
Good place to work in.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
There was freedom to express your opinion and enabled a good job work life balance. The management was good but biased in some cases. Overall It was a good place to work.
Great place to learn!
Apprentice Pipefitter (Current Employee), fort mcmurray, abFebruary 25, 2015
Great job, great people to work with. Great place to learn. 9 days out and 5 days home. Camp is clean.
Income is great.

Foreman listens and teaches with respect.
Stay away if your a journeyman.....
pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: camp
Cons: poor managment, unticketed trades people
I worked for strike for a couple of months and have never scene apprentices as foreman. This company is cheap. They only hire journeyman to help them because all the office staff is unticketed. I have never scene an oil field company with no skill or experience at a mid level oil and gas operation. If you need short term work its good but don't stick around because they will get rid of you fast. Strike says they want to play with the big boys but the way they treat journeyman is no way to succeed in this business. Stay away
Very enjoyable company
Apprentice/Journeyman Welder Level One QA/QC (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 12, 2015
High energy, safe orientated environment.
Continually expanding knowledge if the oil and gas industry.
Always wanting to find ways to better educate and inform their employees.
Make sure everyone is involved in maintaining a safe work environment for them and others that work around them.
they were good to me.
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee), Balzac, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lots of work
Cons: its in the patch24
Flint is a typical big oil company. Don't honor apprentice rates, far from transparent management, offer lots of work and hours though. Same bs different pile.
working for strike energy
material handler (Former Employee), balzac,ABJanuary 30, 2015
i loved working for strike. The management and supervision team was amazing,they were fair with all workers and made sure that everyone was doing there job safely every day, and there to help if needed.my co workers were all very hard working and dedicated to doing there jobs safetly and efficiently , which made me feel better about being there. i have learned a lot in my time at strike, i am striving to be a pipefitter, so being in the materials warehouse was a great place for me to start.
Guy (Current Employee), albertaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: the drive
Every day has been a new challenge. Great group of people to work with. I enjoy going to work each and every day. I have had a chance to learn a lot and continue to learn. It's nice towork and make good money and be home every night. Everyone is a lot of fun and very easy to get a long with.
good company to work for awsome camp
Pipe fitter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: dis organized
good company to work for good people good management just dis organized day to day never knew what you were gonna be doing. Good potential for new employees to exceed they will give you a chance
Headquarters