Strike Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
awesome experience and welcome the chance to do it again
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 8, 2016
no complaints. work was standard 12hr shifts. meals were packed and taken for the days work. after work, dinner is cooked hot and the day is over. some coworkers are miserable but Ive tolerated worse. thank you strike for the opportunity!
great
Electrical Apprentice and Lead Hand (Former Employee), saskatoonMarch 30, 2015
Pros: LOA
Cons: bad way to treat employees
they changed how they give out hours when a new general foreman took over. Only allowed to work long hours when it benefits the company
looking for full time position, I'm available immediately.
Side-boom Operator (Former Employee), Grande Cache, ABJanuary 4, 2016
We poor boy-ed the job so I ran side boom on every crew so that was refreshing, I have not done that in awhile. Good crews. Old equipment but ran half decent.
Good experience
Lead hand/ Foreman in Training (Former Employee), Peace River, ABDecember 8, 2015
Good company to work for. Good people I worked with, enjoyable in the sense to quality of work to quality of life. Good company I like working for strike energy.
horrible management
Second year apprentice electrician (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABOctober 26, 2015
ten thumbs down, the management only cares about themselves and have no interest in hiring people they only want numbers and yes men
Run for the hills
Crossfield (Former Employee), AlbertaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor management, favortism, no communication
If you are family or a friend of management you will be protected. This is a company that will keep family/friends safe and dispose of other employees that are doing a great job. Definitely have their favorites. If you fit into this category you will be fine. If not, stay as far away as possible.
Paid well and on time
Journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter LH (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: higher pay then average
Cons: no travel to fly to saskatoon
Kept me employed during the down turn in the energy sector. Always paid me on time and got me training when i needed it. would deffintly work for Strike again
What I learned
Student (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Wasn't any
Working for Strike energy was an amazing learning experience because of the great leadership and connections that could be made because of this experience.
Good place to work in.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
There was freedom to express your opinion and enabled a good job work life balance. The management was good but biased in some cases. Overall It was a good place to work.
Productive and Safe Work Place
Steamfitter Apprentice (Former Employee), crossfeild abFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: sick days, personal stuff, benifits
Cons: so employees, poor managment
The co-works at Strike were awsome and would help you with whatever your tasks were. I learn a how to be a welder help and a fitter apperntice. My most enjoyable part of the job was working on plant sites.
good coworkers, bad management
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), saskatchewanApril 20, 2015
well the management from the site im at likes to operate on fear to keep the workers straight, if theres a retention bonus they'll be sure to get out of paying anybody but the higher ups. so rather than using proper management techniques they operate on fear due to lack of experience and knowledge.
Difficult because of sporadic work schedule.
General laborer (Current Employee), Fox CreekJune 15, 2015
Enjoy working with my hands ... building. Finishing the job. Outdoors is a big bonus for me. Working away from home is sometimes difficult but makes homecoming that much better.
working for strike energy
material handler (Former Employee), balzac,ABJanuary 30, 2015
i loved working for strike. The management and supervision team was amazing,they were fair with all workers and made sure that everyone was doing there job safely every day, and there to help if needed.my co workers were all very hard working and dedicated to doing there jobs safetly and efficiently , which made me feel better about being there. i have learned a lot in my time at strike, i am striving to be a pipefitter, so being in the materials warehouse was a great place for me to start.
Stay away if your a journeyman.....
pipefitter (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: camp
Cons: poor managment, unticketed trades people
I worked for strike for a couple of months and have never scene apprentices as foreman. This company is cheap. They only hire journeyman to help them because all the office staff is unticketed. I have never scene an oil field company with no skill or experience at a mid level oil and gas operation. If you need short term work its good but don't stick around because they will get rid of you fast. Strike says they want to play with the big boys but the way they treat journeyman is no way to succeed in this business. Stay away
what a joke
Pipefitter (Former Employee), balzacMay 8, 2015
The worse place I have ever worked at. The Management team had no clue of what they were doing and treated everyone like garbage.
Fun work place.
Support and Train staff (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2013
Bonus

Excellant salary

Great work environment.

Great team work.
Daily Duties-Coating Foreman
Coating/Pigging Foreman (Former Employee), Fox Creek, Alberta.March 15, 2015
Some of my daily duties included but were not limited too:
Hold tailgate meetings
Acquiring Safe work permits
Identifying hazards on jobsite
Attend foreman's meetings
QC (NDT/DT, paperwork, pictures)
Assign crew members to locations, and specific jobs
Ensuring members of crew understand the tasks and hazards associated with the specific jobs
Verifying jobs are done correctly and efficiently
Sign crew in and out
Do not trust anything they promise you
Administrator (Former Employee), Various locationsAugust 2, 2014
Pros: the only one i can think of is that it is out of the city.
Cons: pretty much everything else.
It is a culture of nepotism, favoritism and teachers pet. If you don't Briwn nose the manager in the way he or she likes they will demote you and cut your pay. Currently in the Crossfield location all management and supervisors are not qualified in any way to be in their positions. They place those who they find their favorites inquisitions higher than those with actual qualifications. Unless you related to a manager, stay far far away.
laborious, high pressure, exciting, and love to work outside, no matter the conditions.
Welder's Helper/Laborer (Current Employee), ABDecember 11, 2012
Pros: l.o.a., the odd free lunch, and the people.
Cons: being away from family and friends.
generally the days are long hours but seem short there is always something to do. it can be quite dangerous but if you are aware of yourself and your surroundings things go smooth. the hardest part of the job is the labor at times but mostly enduring the weather conditions, the odd thing about that is, that those are also my favorite parts. i treat it like i'm constantly testing my body and mind. and no matter what kind of day you're having the people your work with are going through the same so its kind of like a band of brothers when your on a pipe line crew. everybody helps each other out
Great Company
Piping Superintendent (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABMarch 18, 2015
Pros: worker feed back
Cons: camp work
Well organized, Good facilities, Management is friendly, A good benefit package, Co workers a skilled, Learned a lot of new skills
Headquarters