General Manager – Hotel (2 positions, 2 locations in Cape Breton)
Our client is looking to fill two exciting General Manager opportunities; one in Port Hawkesbury and one in Sydney, Cape Breton. This is a great opportunity for an outgoing, positive profession with the ability to lead, manage, and inspire their staff team.
If you have 3-5 years’ experience in hospitality management, and are looking for an opportunity to showcase your managerial talent and lead a hotel to success, then we want to hear from you.
Position is salaried between $40-60,000 / year depending on location and experience.
In this position you will:
- Ensure and provide customer satisfaction.
- Resolve any maintenance and/ or customer complaints
- Supervise and manage staff while ensuring the overall effectiveness and smooth running of the hotel
- Hire, train, evaluate and staff employees (filling in for positions if short staffed) and maintain the number of appropriate staff necessary to ensure smooth running of the business without exceeding budgetary restraints.
- Ensure all staff engage in continuous learning to improve skills and knowledge
- Coach, motivate, and manage the performance of all staff
- Complete annual employee reviews
- Ensure inspection of guest rooms and public areas reflect the highest levels of standards
- Provide support for accounting functions such as
- Accurately reporting hours for the purpose of payroll
- Processing deposits for the sale of rooms and deliver same to bank
- Processing Video Lottery Terminal reports and balance deposits
- Generating invoices and collecting on a timely basis
- Complete various computer generated forms and paper work
- Maintain rates at a competitive level, so as not to be detrimental to the business but which will keep the property within 5% of the competitive set as determined by the Star Report
- Research various trade groups available for the purpose of equipment or building repair while maintaining a cost conscious view
- Keep up to date information on the requirement of Choice Hotels Canada with regards to room requirements.
- Book hotel entertainment
If you have:
- Completion of high school or an equivalent combination of experience
- Demonstrated the ability to multitask and learn new skills
- Previous experience in the Hospitality Industry (3-5 years in an administrator role)
- Knowledge hotel operations and inspection requirements as per Choice Hotels
- The ability to maintain the property at a 90% or greater level as per Choice Inspection
- Basic computer knowledge
- The ability to supervise, encourage, and motivate staff to produce quality products and world class service
- Knowledge of rules & regulations of Atlantic Lottery Corporation and Liquor Licensing Board
- Knowledge of Lounge Operation and internal promotions and costing
Then what are you waiting for? Apply today! We can’t wait to meet you.