We believe that the success of our company depends on our people. Promoting training and education and creating growth opportunities within the company are important to our future success. Contributions of each employee are acknowledged and recognized to promote performance excellence at all levels.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Streamline Mechanical is currently looking for an Accountant with the ability to multitask in a high volume, dynamic work environment in our Main Office Sherwood Park location.
The Accountant maintains, examines and analyzes the accounting and financial records of all contract files to ensure accuracy and compliance with self-established accounting standards and procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for certain project contracts. This would include invoicing, reviewing work tickets (LEMS), and analysis of actual vs budgets.
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis ensuring the accuracy of financial transactions. This would include keeping up to date capital asset spreadsheets.
- On a monthly basis perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Prepare journal entries throughout the month and at month end.
- On a monthly basis assist in the preparation of Financial Reporting requirements both internal and external
- Complete year-end working papers by the specified deadlines.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in the review and recommendation of accounting processes and control improvements with a focus on building efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- Working towards a professional designation would be an asset
- 3-5 years progressive responsibility in accounting.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting theories and principles including general ledgers, GAAP, journal accounting.
- Experience using accounting software programs, (Timberline Accounting software experience would be an asset.)
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Detail orientated
- Proficiency in use of Excel.
- Able to work independently on assignments.
- Basic understanding of project management components and the construction industry would be an asset.
- Ability to solve varied, but straight forward problems, selecting solutions from learned range of alternatives.
- Strong organization and time management skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities and competing demands within tight deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advocate of team concept
- Permanent; Full-Time
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits included
- Sherwood Park location
- Monday-Friday, with the exception of statutory holidays
- 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Office environment with frequent exposure to incoming calls
If your education and experience meet our requirements, please email your cover letter and resume!
We would like to thank all those who apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your submission!