We believe that the success of our company depends on our people. Promoting training and education and creating growth opportunities within the company are important to our future success. Contributions of each employee are acknowledged and recognized to promote performance excellence at all levels.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Streamline Mechanical is currently looking for an Intermediate Accountant with the ability to multitask in a high volume, dynamic work environment in our Main Office Sherwood Park location. The Intermediate Accountant maintains, examines and analyzes the accounting and financial records of all contract files to ensure accuracy and compliance with self-established accounting standards and procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Review, monitor and ensure the accuracy of project billing
- Take initiative to resolves any billing issues, should they arise
- Review work tickets weekly with precision and makes any necessary changes
- Examine coding and hours records prior to payroll submission
- Setup job projects in company accounting system
- Prepare project reports weekly
- Establish and maintain adherence to accounting procedures
- Oversee accounting tasks for Project Administrators and confirm established procedures are being followed consistently
- Maintain work ticket software system
- Develop and maintain complete and accurate contract files
- Ensures adherence to contract terms
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to stimulate repeated business
- Respond to project and client directives and requests involving financial information, contract compliance, subcontracting, procurement, cost proposals, project audits, project accounting, and other administrative issues
- Assistance with contract forecasting and budgeting
- Work in partnership with Human Resources and Streamline Operations to ensure Project Manager/Project has the required personnel and resources for their project and monitor administrative deliverables for projects
- Collaborate with the Management team to collect appropriate data to be able to analyze costs, information and project performance and making suggestions for improvement
- Lead close out administrative aspects of assigned projects
- Periodic site visits
- Review all invoices for coding
- Monthly reconciliation of Asset Trading spreadsheet
- Other accounting duties as required
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in accounting or related discipline is required
- Beginning or currently enrolled in a CMA (Certified Management Accountant), CGA (Certified General Accountant), or CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) professional program is required
- Precise attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptionally strong communication skills; with the ability to develop excellent rapport with a diversified group of employees and clients alike
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Timberline software would be considered an asset
If your education and experience meet our requirements, please email your cover letter and resume!
We would like to thank all those who apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your submission!
Streamline provides quality service and expertise in the following areas of work: