Stream Employee Reviews

stream was ok
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  chilliwack, bcJanuary 17, 2014
theirs not to much i can say about my time working at stream. i thought it was ok but it wasnt the job for me, i had to leave leave for stress.
CSR
Tech support for Time Warner Cable (Former Employee) –  Saint John nbNovember 6, 2013
This job was to fix people cable internet
Fix Email accounts
Fix the internet browser
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
company closed
team work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSNovember 3, 2013
great supervicers, team work, providing customer service was the best part.
Pros
fun account
it was a good job
call centre (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSOctober 7, 2013
i liked working at stream poeple were nice i worked alot and the pay was good just not the job for me
Pros
friendly poeple
The Place I Work
Top sales person (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Working here is fine. It can be stressful at times, however it gives you the opportunity to practice problem solving skills and people skills.
Pros
decent hours. good people to work with
great people and atmosphere
dell tech (Current Employee) –  NSAugust 21, 2013
The day starts with greeting everyone when I come to work.I learned that I cant do any task that is assigned to me. All managers on dell are great.I get along well with my manager and my co-workers.The hardest part of my job is when my data base goes down and have no information to do my job.best part of the job is talking to people and assisting techs with fixing computers.
Pros
great enviroment to work
Cons
working with tools that do not work
Productive and inviting, comfoting and accomodating.
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 7, 2013
Stream is a great company to work for. Everyone there is really nice and accepting. They are all willing to help no matter what it takes and are mainly focused on helping you get better at your job.
Pros
nice people and many breaks with long shifts.
Cons
angry customers, long days
Would never recommend working there.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 6, 2013
Long hours. No job security. Management was poorly trained. Co-workers were rude, abrasive and foul. Customers were not understanding at all, wanted things for free.
Pros
no real pros about working here.
Cons
everything.
Stream a place to help our customers get what they need.
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Belleville, OnApril 30, 2013
A typical day at work for me, I would arrive at my desk. I would have to log in to all my data. As soon as i was logged in I was on the Phone helping customers whether it was billing or technical. I learned a lot about computers and different programs. I learned how to troubleshoot problems with services and i also learned a lot about computers and cell phones even cable TV. You usually sat near your co workers, we always had different teams. Each team would have their own supervisor. we sometimes had contests or little games and it made being part of the team fun and encouraged everyone to work their best. The hardest part of the job i would say is billing it can be difficult to discuss bills with i rate customers but you learn how to talk to people and how it can be easier to understand a bill. The most enjoyable part was working in a team and in the type of environment, i have always enjoyed working in office surroundings.
OK place
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 15, 2013
management seems to care more about individual stats/goals rather than customer service
Cons
hours are varied and constantly changing daily
Fun environment, always free food :)
Internet Tech support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Generally Speaking to customers of AT&T Road Runner, providing technical support, help with any general computer issues.

Enjoyable job, but not enough hours.
Pros
free lunch, medical, dental, enjoyable and rewarding, space to grow.
Cons
not challenging enough.
Very productive focused company, multinational with various job oportunities
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorJanuary 4, 2013
I´ve learned a great deal of thing from working with them from customer service to Technical support skill and managing experience as well
Pros
job security
Cons
salary/compensations, organizational arrangements
Great place, but lower pay & a call centre
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 10, 2012
It is a call centre with good people the client may change.
But Stream remains a critical employer in Quinte as the non discrimination and disabled assistive policies give all people a chance.

Their training program is excellent

However, call centre rules apply
Pros
good people structured advancement
Cons
shift bid
Support center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 28, 2012
Answer phones, help customers with issues related to whichever account you are in. Management was ok, just customer support agents who exceeded with their jobs, so they had the experience and know how. Co-workers were easier to get along with since seating was random. Hardest part of job was aggravated customers. Best was resolving their issues.
Pros
mingling with co-workers
Cons
shifts changed every couple weeks
Very little pay
Switchboard Director (Former Employee) –  London,OnSeptember 14, 2012
Management staff were great, I guess it was to compensate for the poor pay an change of advancement. Site and cafeteria is nice.
Pros
free parking
Cons
not enough pay
Mentally demanding product support job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 7, 2012
Once you scan to get in the doors you empty your pockets and get patted down and swipped with a metal detector. Once thru security you go to your desk where you sign on your phone and computer. Typically you take approx 40-55 calls a day. Between calls, if there was any time, you could whisper with the rep next to you otherwise read product information. The hardest part of my job was to get answers from team managers.
Pros
a pay cheque.
Cons
not allowed to have any paper or writing utilities in the building.
Great group of co-workers
Team Manager/ Scheduling Analyst/Data Admin (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 24, 2012
I have worked in several departments in Stream allowing me to grow and learn many new talents. My favorite would be data entry; keeping databases accurate and up to date. I enjoy interacting daily with different people and Stream has provided this.
Pros
variety of work options
Cons
not know what your shift will be
sucks
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJuly 24, 2012
hard place to work for the left hand dos not know what the right hand is doing
Pros
not a thig
Cons
same as top
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE INBETWEEN JOBS AND NEED SOMETHING FAST.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2012
LONG TERM IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AND NOT A PLACE TO GROW FINANCIALLY
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
low pay, and you pay into the benefits program it isn't a perk