Stream Employee Reviews

GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
Cafetaria
Cons
Long days sometimes
Good hours
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2014
Amazing supervisor and trainer. Hardest part is high turn over and very quick advancement
Good support system, and fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 March 2014
I learned about new software programs and how to deescalate situations with customer. My co-workers were very friendly and they were a very good support system because of the stresses of working in a call centre. I believe that the hardest part of the job was all the talking on the phone. The most enjoyable part would have been the new experiences that I got to deal with that I have never experienced before.
It is what it is
Technical Support Professional II Supported (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC8 March 2014
For a call center environment, it's exactly what you expect.
There are some office politics as with any work place, it doesn't take too long to see them.

Majority of the manager a good friends inside and outside of work.
However with that said I found many of them to be nice and helpful for career advancement. That is not the case with all of the team managers however.

Training was dull, over extended and not exactly organized.
Co-workers were great.

Most enjoyable part was a few good team managers and co-workers
Hardest part - Smiling during training and polices / decisions that make no sense.
Pros
Professional Company - Regular pay cheques
Cons
Low wages, uncertaintity of advancement opportities.
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 February 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Rude Management
co workers are fun to be around
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 January 2014
I would managed complaints from head office. The hardest part of the job is telling someone that I am unable to do what they are asking for. I learned how to defuse the situation and make an angry customer happy. The management seemed to be very poor. The would treat you like a number and would not listen to what you would have to say.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2014
a typical day is answering phones and dealing with customer complaints, taking payments reviewing phone plans, changing plans, and adding new services and new products to customers account.
Learned how to deal with most customers and the different aspects of the job.
Team managers are all very nice and always there to help you.
All the people I work with are very nice and we all help each other.
Although staff turn over is very high.
The hardest part of the job is customers who call in and yell and scream at you and blame you for something that is out of your control.
I enjoy going to work because of the people I work with.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
9 and 10 hour shifts all the time
stream was ok
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  chilliwack, bc17 January 2014
theirs not to much i can say about my time working at stream. i thought it was ok but it wasnt the job for me, i had to leave leave for stress.
Csr
Tech support for Time Warner Cable (Former Employee) –  Saint John nb6 November 2013
This job was to fix people cable internet
Fix Email accounts
Fix the internet browser
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
Company closed
team work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS3 November 2013
great supervicers, team work, providing customer service was the best part.
Pros
fun account
it was a good job
call centre (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS7 October 2013
i liked working at stream poeple were nice i worked alot and the pay was good just not the job for me
Pros
friendly poeple
The Place I Work
Top sales person (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 September 2013
Working here is fine. It can be stressful at times, however it gives you the opportunity to practice problem solving skills and people skills.
Pros
Decent hours. good people to work with
great people and atmosphere
dell tech (Current Employee) –  NS21 August 2013
The day starts with greeting everyone when I come to work.I learned that I cant do any task that is assigned to me. All managers on dell are great.I get along well with my manager and my co-workers.The hardest part of my job is when my data base goes down and have no information to do my job.best part of the job is talking to people and assisting techs with fixing computers.
Pros
great enviroment to work
Cons
working with tools that do not work
Productive and inviting, comfoting and accomodating.
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 August 2013
Stream is a great company to work for. Everyone there is really nice and accepting. They are all willing to help no matter what it takes and are mainly focused on helping you get better at your job.
Pros
Nice people and many breaks with long shifts.
Cons
Angry customers, long days
Would never recommend working there.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 May 2013
Long hours. No job security. Management was poorly trained. Co-workers were rude, abrasive and foul. Customers were not understanding at all, wanted things for free.
Pros
No real pros about working here.
Cons
Everything.
Stream a place to help our customers get what they need.
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Belleville, On30 April 2013
A typical day at work for me, I would arrive at my desk. I would have to log in to all my data. As soon as i was logged in I was on the Phone helping customers whether it was billing or technical. I learned a lot about computers and different programs. I learned how to troubleshoot problems with services and i also learned a lot about computers and cell phones even cable TV. You usually sat near your co workers, we always had different teams. Each team would have their own supervisor. we sometimes had contests or little games and it made being part of the team fun and encouraged everyone to work their best. The hardest part of the job i would say is billing it can be difficult to discuss bills with i rate customers but you learn how to talk to people and how it can be easier to understand a bill. The most enjoyable part was working in a team and in the type of environment, i have always enjoyed working in office surroundings.
OK place
Support Professional (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2013
management seems to care more about individual stats/goals rather than customer service
Cons
hours are varied and constantly changing daily
Fun environment, always free food :)
Internet Tech support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 February 2013
Generally Speaking to customers of AT&T Road Runner, providing technical support, help with any general computer issues.

Enjoyable job, but not enough hours.
Pros
free lunch, medical, dental, enjoyable and rewarding, space to grow.
Cons
not challenging enough.
Very productive focused company, multinational with various job oportunities
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Salvador4 January 2013
I´ve learned a great deal of thing from working with them from customer service to Technical support skill and managing experience as well
Pros
job security
Cons
salary/compensations, organizational arrangements