Stream Employee Reviews

Good to start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 November 2015
When I started here the job and money were good but the company just kept upping what was required of the employee with no monetary compensation. They ask a lot of all there employees including the floor management and do not provide the tools or staffing necessary to accomplish what they want.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
poor working conditions
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
Company closed
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 January 2015
great place to work, great people, was sad to leave there, I recommend to work there. good benefits after 90 days, continuous training. flexible hours, will work with you to make sure its a scheduled that fits you. and room for advancement if you want to move up in company
Very productive focused company, multinational with various job oportunities
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Salvador4 January 2013
I´ve learned a great deal of thing from working with them from customer service to Technical support skill and managing experience as well
Pros
job security
Cons
salary/compensations, organizational arrangements
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE INBETWEEN JOBS AND NEED SOMETHING FAST.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2012
LONG TERM IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AND NOT A PLACE TO GROW FINANCIALLY
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
low pay, and you pay into the benefits program it isn't a perk
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 February 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Rude Management
horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS1 April 2016
they treat everyone as robots and the pay is not nearly what it should be for that work environment. They act as if its not possible for people to get sick, you are required doctors notes for each absence, you only get 10 minutes of personal time a day in 8 hour shifts.
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 January 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
It is what it is
Technical Support Professional II Supported (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC8 March 2014
For a call center environment, it's exactly what you expect.
There are some office politics as with any work place, it doesn't take too long to see them.

Majority of the manager a good friends inside and outside of work.
However with that said I found many of them to be nice and helpful for career advancement. That is not the case with all of the team managers however.

Training was dull, over extended and not exactly organized.
Co-workers were great.

Most enjoyable part was a few good team managers and co-workers
Hardest part - Smiling during training and polices / decisions that make no sense.
Pros
Professional Company - Regular pay cheques
Cons
Low wages, uncertaintity of advancement opportities.
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 November 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
Would never recommend working there.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 May 2013
Long hours. No job security. Management was poorly trained. Co-workers were rude, abrasive and foul. Customers were not understanding at all, wanted things for free.
Pros
No real pros about working here.
Cons
Everything.
Working for Roger's
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2014
Typical day at Convergy's working on Roger's contract is ok until you get nasty calls from Customer's screaming at you about their bill being to high and that you are the one responsible for the price increase, and the odd time using foul language towards you. I have learned to be extremely patient more that I already am since I do have children, with talking to very upset customer's. Management is very interactive with sales and offering incentive's. The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue with the customer's because they are yelling at you when your just in billing to explain the bill and add or remove services. The most enjoyable part is when you do activate new services the prizes you have a chance to win, and you do get a lot of customer's that you can joke with.
Pros
Prize insentive's
Cons
Nasty Customer's
it was a good job
call centre (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS7 October 2013
i liked working at stream poeple were nice i worked alot and the pay was good just not the job for me
Pros
friendly poeple
Cons
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 September 2015
Stream was an enjoyable work environment!
Staff was friendly and there was always room for improvement with everyone!!
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Long hours most days, over time would get to the extreme!
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
Cafetaria
Cons
Long days sometimes
Stream a place to help our customers get what they need.
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  Belleville, On30 April 2013
A typical day at work for me, I would arrive at my desk. I would have to log in to all my data. As soon as i was logged in I was on the Phone helping customers whether it was billing or technical. I learned a lot about computers and different programs. I learned how to troubleshoot problems with services and i also learned a lot about computers and cell phones even cable TV. You usually sat near your co workers, we always had different teams. Each team would have their own supervisor. we sometimes had contests or little games and it made being part of the team fun and encouraged everyone to work their best. The hardest part of the job i would say is billing it can be difficult to discuss bills with i rate customers but you learn how to talk to people and how it can be easier to understand a bill. The most enjoyable part was working in a team and in the type of environment, i have always enjoyed working in office surroundings.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2014
a typical day is answering phones and dealing with customer complaints, taking payments reviewing phone plans, changing plans, and adding new services and new products to customers account.
Learned how to deal with most customers and the different aspects of the job.
Team managers are all very nice and always there to help you.
All the people I work with are very nice and we all help each other.
Although staff turn over is very high.
The hardest part of the job is customers who call in and yell and scream at you and blame you for something that is out of your control.
I enjoy going to work because of the people I work with.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
9 and 10 hour shifts all the time
Very little pay
Switchboard Director (Former Employee) –  London,On14 September 2012
Management staff were great, I guess it was to compensate for the poor pay an change of advancement. Site and cafeteria is nice.
Pros
free parking
Cons
not enough pay
Support center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS28 September 2012
Answer phones, help customers with issues related to whichever account you are in. Management was ok, just customer support agents who exceeded with their jobs, so they had the experience and know how. Co-workers were easier to get along with since seating was random. Hardest part of job was aggravated customers. Best was resolving their issues.
Pros
mingling with co-workers
Cons
shifts changed every couple weeks
Great place, but lower pay & a call centre
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 November 2012
It is a call centre with good people the client may change.
But Stream remains a critical employer in Quinte as the non discrimination and disabled assistive policies give all people a chance.

Their training program is excellent

However, call centre rules apply
Pros
good people structured advancement
Cons
shift bid