Stream Employee Reviews

fun for the first 2 years
Tech support agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC23 September 2017
I worked there 7 years, it was good for the first 2 years. They did not really give raises and if they did, they were anywhere from 2 pennies to maybe $1.. I learned many skills from the internet support to lap top support to printer support and computer support. The enjoyable part were the christmas parties
Pros
Learning all the time
Cons
the politics of the company and no raises
If you need money and can't cut it as a street walker
Business Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 August 2017
Stream, now convergys, is everything that is wrong with call centers. Awful hours, take commission away from their employees, and treat them like machines with no regard for their own personal lives outside of work.
Pros
good structure
Cons
you will never feel like a human being within those walls
It is not a place to work.
Dell Tech Support Professional Level (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2017
Stream is simply and 24/7/365 out sourcing call center. They do not care about anyone or anything besides the bottom dollar.
There is no such thing as work life balance. And seniority is the only thing that dictates your schedule.
horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS1 April 2016
they treat everyone as robots and the pay is not nearly what it should be for that work environment. They act as if its not possible for people to get sick, you are required doctors notes for each absence, you only get 10 minutes of personal time a day in 8 hour shifts.
A Job with my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS8 March 2016
I have customer service experience. I have a grade 12 education. I am a people person & I enjoy working in a group with other people/Co-workers. I like a job where I am busy.
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 January 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
Good to start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 November 2015
When I started here the job and money were good but the company just kept upping what was required of the employee with no monetary compensation. They ask a lot of all there employees including the floor management and do not provide the tools or staffing necessary to accomplish what they want.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
poor working conditions
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 November 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
good money , great hours
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2015
It was fun and lots of learning. able to book time off when needed. always able to ask foe help if needed. loved the people i work with and how easy the computer was.
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 September 2015
Stream was an enjoyable work environment!
Staff was friendly and there was always room for improvement with everyone!!
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Long hours most days, over time would get to the extreme!
Technical support for HP/Compaq desktop computer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  LDONON ONTARIO30 August 2015
Taking calls
Returning calls
Fxing computers
Selling hp/compaq computers
Troubelshooting and loging everting on a data base
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
Night shifhts
Horrible management
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 May 2015
EVERYTHING, management was horrible.
TMS were not helpful at all.
Training was not helpful, no one cared about how you felt about job.
EX. If you needed more training etc.
Cashier, food stocker
Tech Support Rep for Dell products (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS7 April 2015
I got hired as a cashier. I did that about a year. Then I took a different position stocking shelves on backshift. I learned how to do my own orders.
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 January 2015
great place to work, great people, was sad to leave there, I recommend to work there. good benefits after 90 days, continuous training. flexible hours, will work with you to make sure its a scheduled that fits you. and room for advancement if you want to move up in company
Productive , fun , eduactionl
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  cape breton30 October 2014
Learned allot about computer hardware and software , telephone technical support agent , management was always friendly , co-workers are great , and love the feeling of accomplishment .
Pros
wages
great job
CALL CENTRE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS30 October 2014
answering calls , offering assistance to answer and questions i may have answers too, and if unable to troubleshoot or perform request of customer, directing to appropriate departments for assistance requested.
Pros
sitting at computer all day
Cons
very fast paced and noisy
Working for Roger's
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2014
Typical day at Convergy's working on Roger's contract is ok until you get nasty calls from Customer's screaming at you about their bill being to high and that you are the one responsible for the price increase, and the odd time using foul language towards you. I have learned to be extremely patient more that I already am since I do have children, with talking to very upset customer's. Management is very interactive with sales and offering incentive's. The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue with the customer's because they are yelling at you when your just in billing to explain the bill and add or remove services. The most enjoyable part is when you do activate new services the prizes you have a chance to win, and you do get a lot of customer's that you can joke with.
Pros
Prize insentive's
Cons
Nasty Customer's
The most enjoyable part of this job
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 July 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a close group of people and also helping our customers with their technical support issues and helping anyway that I could.
It
Internet Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 July 2014
• Responsible for handling inbound technical support calls within a large Call Center environment.
• Ensure customers receive technical support required in a professional and service oriented manner.
• Utilize the ability to handle irrate customers, troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve.
• Work within a strong team environment and help to attain individual as well as group goals.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
Cafetaria
Cons
Long days sometimes