Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Working at Stream
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  London Ontario10 September 2014
I learned how to sell products while troubleshooting issues. It was difficult working with irate customers, so this was a good experience to learn to handle the situation properly.
Pros
Used my tech skills
Cons
Management is not well organized
A nice job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 August 2014
I enjoyed my time at Stream, I wouldn't have left if I was not moving to Kingston.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS27 August 2014
I helped customers with their inquiries. Enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Great People to work with
Work Management (Former Employee) –  London Ont.25 August 2014
In the 11 years I worked foe Stream I have held many different positions. The last position i had was with inter-day. That is dealing with scheduling. The managers I worked with were all good people and they were all kept well informed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Do not keep up on cost of living
Great job in IT
MSN Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 August 2014
I had to go to school or I would have kept this job as long as possible. Everyday I was given opportunities to learn new things and practice the skills they had taught us.
Seemingly good place to work, unless you spend longer than 1 year there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 August 2014
On the surface, it seems like a good place to work. But that is only for the short term.
Raises past this point, and potential for advancement are as sparse as an oasis in the desert.
They continually revise policy to ensure they are breaking the spirits of the maximum number of employees.
Pros
shelter from the elements...mostly
Cons
You are treated as a number, not a person.
Professional friendly environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 July 2014
Management, supervisors and co-workers were always willing to give information, advise, and moral support. It helped strengthen my commitment to the company, the client, and the customer.
I enjoy talking with customers, calming customers, and working on a PC. I have always enjoyed research and applied that skill to seeking the absolute right answers for customers.

It is hard when a customer is agitated and chooses to insult the person whom is committed to helping them. But I understand and find it a challenge to reach through the emotions and find a professional and satisfactory output.
Pros
mandatory breaks
Cons
glitches in software and it slows your service down
Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS30 July 2014
Friendly place but difficult hours, need to be more flexible with the schedule
was fun talk to all kinds of people across North America
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 July 2014
I would come in log into my computer and my phone get my book out with all my information in it for red box the started taking calls and make sure the customer is satisfied

I enjoyed my manager he was very hands on and helpful

The hardest part of my job was dealing with very upset customers

I enjoyed talking to customers from all over North America and some of the had such strong accents
Pros
there were computers we could use in the lunch room
Reasonable work atmosphere, job security was not present.
Internet Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 June 2014
Job duties were well managed and management and training were reasonable. Site was shut down due to relocation overseas. Job security was not there at all.
Pros
Performance driven positions
Cons
Job security
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
Pros
steady pace
Cons
no face to face interactions
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2014
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Pros
Good pay, Nice facility, Nice break rooms
Cons
Bad management, Hard to get time off, Very boring work, Very isolating work, Depressing
Great entry level workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Technical Support Professional Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 June 2014
Stream is great place for anyone just starting in the workforce.
A typical day is basically answer calls and taking breaks when scheduled. I learned a lot of technical and Interpersonal skills to assist customers so they leave the phone with a great experience.

Management and Co-workers are pretty great.
Management does what they can to help you help the customer. They are overall awesome and usually stop what they are doing to help you out first. All the Co-workers I have met are usually friendly and try to help you out if your stuck.

The most difficult part of the job would be managing your mental stress level. Some days its dead and your tied to your desk until break time. Other days its raining calls and you have no time for a break nor thought after another call comes in with somebody screaming in your ear. It can affect your personal life.

Enjoyable parts of the job were knowing you had brightened someones day or conversing with co-workers during slow call days and being able to participate in fun staff functions.
Pros
Staff functions that are fun, 1 weeks paid Vacation after a year and plus 1 week after each consecutive year, Great co-workers and management and fixed schedule.
Cons
Working with clients based in other locations is challenging, low pay, and very little flexibility to job schedules.
Everyone seemed to like it even on a bad day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 June 2014
Good calls bad calls its just a call youd get over it
I learned never to take things personal
Management was nice
Coworks everyone was always busy but when there was a break it was always nice to chat with a new person
Trying not to take a angry call personal
The best part was just knowing you helped somebody and made there day better might not be all of the calls but the ones that care are always nice
Pros
Good money
Cons
Weird hours
Enjoyable work environment with good management.
Consumer Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 June 2014
Inbound technical support for HP Printers. Management and co-workers were supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was when the phones were quite and shifts were long.
Call Centre
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2014
Supported customers with printer scanner and fax issues. Learned the ropes of call centre world.
Pros
Very great training. Great people. Great experience.
Cons
No advancement potential.
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 May 2014
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Pros
Reliable income, Benefits and RRSP matching
Cons
Not a long term career or job choice.
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS12 May 2014
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Pros
Flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons
More calls, and littel bit pressure
Ok work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2014
At first I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed having quotas and things to do. After a little bit the job became very demanding, with little reward for a job well done. There was a very high turn over rate.
Pros
Speaking with customers
Cons
high expectations from company that were almost impossible to meet.
N/a
making sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 April 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location