Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Teamwork, Friendly People
Rogers Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJuly 16, 2012
A typical day at work was usually a long one, the people who worked around you were always a friendly fun bunch. But being on the phones with customers could become difficult and stressful.
Pros
the people
Office Enviroment
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 2, 2012
Hours are not good.
Call center job.
Learned a lot in telecommunications.
Commission.
Pros
bbqs
Cons
short breaks
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova ScotiaJune 28, 2012
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement
terrible company to work for.
customer service rep (call centre) (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2012
I was fired for being sick with a doctors note I'm not fond of the company

Comment – January 30, 2013

i had the same thing happen to me they are a joke to work for!!

Would not recomend
Technical Support Profesional (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 30, 2012
When I applied for the position at stream nowhere did it say in the advert that you had to sell stuff. Where I worked we had to sell or else we would be fired. Very stressful I wouldnt recomend to anyone.
don't walk, run away!
support/sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, OntarioMay 12, 2012
Well, it is an absolutely awful place to work. They advertise "competitive pay"=Lie. They advertise "lots of chance to move up"= Lie. "great environment"=LIE. While I worked there, I lived about 50 minutes outside of town, one night I came in, went to my "supervisor" and told him about the large snowstorm we were supposed to get (my shift was 6pm-3am...not sure how that worked), and said "If it gets heavy, Im leaving before the roads get absolutely ugly" Well the storm slammed into the area(it lasted for 36 hours), I went up and said "Im leaving"...he told me that I couldn't, and would not let me leave(literally blocking the door). I was being held there against my will, so I threatened to call the police, and he threatened my job if I did that. Secondly, they tell you in training that your first shift selection quality is based on your average test score...well mine ended up being 3rd highest in my training group, #1 took Thursday--Monday 10-6pm, #2 took tuesday-sat-12-8 30pm, Then I chose Mon-Friday 10-6pm...and wound up getting stuck on a crazy graveyard shift.

Supervisors there are only in those positions because they literally tripped and fell right into them because of who they "know" and drink with, then they think they can intimidate people and try to bully people because they are in a position of authority. The only time someone ever gets promoted, is if someone else leaves. Raises don't exist, equality doesn't exist. Upper management is a complete joke, no idea how to treat employees. The pay is terrible, they claim to pay you commission on things you sell, but you
  more... never see it. All in all, it is quite possibly the worst place on the planet to work.  less
Pros
need a pay check
Cons
they fire the great people and keep the awful ones
productive workplace
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2012
nice co-workers and management,answered calls for customers for rogers wireless
Pros
good hours and pay
Cons
sitting and waiting for calls
Superficial concern for employee wellbeing
Technical Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC CanadaFebruary 27, 2012
They will provide you with minimum training required by the company you will be performing outsource duties for. This is often not enough training to be able to meet the performance standards you will be graded on.

The pay is VERY poor. Stream Global Services has played the "poor economy" card as much as it can with regards to pay. If you are a phone agent there are NO PAY INCREASES! This is a company policy for phone agents. You can if you are lucky add to your pay through the bonus plan call "Pay for Performance" but that is not a long term solution.

They have an attendance system the penalizes you for being ill.

Stream Global Services is a reasonable place to work if you need a mindless job or want to regroup before finding something better
Pros
most of your time is spent working independently.
Cons
poor pay compared to the rest of the industry.
agréable
Technicien Support (Former Employee) –  TunisSeptember 3, 2015
Stream organise chaque 6 mois des sorties.Fin de semaine dans un hôtel gratuit.
Et tu peux prendre avec toi un membre de ta famille.
Pros
Sortie en équipe