Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 July 2013
Every day is different when you work for Stream Global Services. You are challenged mentally, sometimes causing you to develope " outsid the box" solutions to difficult problems. The Management is great, and understanding. Typically, the managers are hired from within the company.

The hardest part of the job is watching minimum wage creep up on your wage, knowing that when you started there you wer making 4 dollars more an hour than minimum wage, and now you make 2 dollars more.

They do have a pay for performance payout every quarter. Great way to encourage employees to try harder.
Pros
Challenging Job
Cons
Pay could be better
good experience
Sales and activations (Former Employee) –  belleville27 November 2012
I would help customers over the phone to help with their bill payments or issues with their bill. I learned that there is many people that do not understand what they get into when they sign a contract for a cell phone and they are unaware of additional costs that can occur with them. The management was always there when I needed them to take over the call when the customer was irate. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain something over the phone to someone when they didn't understand. The enjoyable part of the job was working with others who always shared their opinions on how to help customers that I didn't know how to help over the phone.
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova Scotia28 June 2012
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 October 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.
Bland Workspace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 May 2015
Very dry work environment, 100 percent turnover rate. trainers let you know you probably wont make it. Training for customer service took 6 weeks, of 10 to 2am hours. shift choices are based on performance, not fair.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
long hours into the night, old/ problematic computer database
Not Good
telephone representaive (Former Employee) –  glace bay nova scotia10 November 2014
This job was too stress full for me. long hours mandatory over time, and the Boss's were very hard on all of the workers here.
Cons
long hours, difficult to work for this company
A good company, just in an industry too advanced for me
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 September 2012
I found myself falling behind the rest of the class in learning the job and the terminology. The company which we were representing wanted us to learn most of what we would need on "the floor". As a result, I found that the industry had changed drastically from what it was in my last exposure to Telecommunications. It took me three tries to pass the exam which would allow me to advance with the rest of the class to actually take customer calls. Getting to the floor did not make anything any easier for me, and the experience grew to be more and more frustrating all the time. As much as I tried to catch up with the others, I felt all the more weak and helpless as a call agent.

Finally, I had to admit to myself that I was overmatched in this job, and needed a job where I could relate to people in a face-to-face scenario. The people that I worked with were nice, and management really did try to help me learn. But it just was not to be.
Pros
nice people, good managers, a nifty cafeteria to eat in.
Cons
not enough supervisors on the floor to help, too many other people in similar situations to me.
good money , great hours
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2015
It was fun and lots of learning. able to book time off when needed. always able to ask foe help if needed. loved the people i work with and how easy the computer was.
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
Pros
steady pace
Cons
no face to face interactions
abusive of employees
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 April 2013
Long hours, low pay, extended sitting leading to injury, high stress, unclean work environment, no chance for promotion or advancement, extremely high turnover.
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
Cafetaria
Cons
Long days sometimes
busy workplace with lots of hours available
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 February 2013
-answer calls and provide technical support for internet and software related issues
-i learned how to troubleshoot and fix most common issues
-management was great but tended to lack professionalism
- coworkers were mostly friendly and helpful
-hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that had trouble understanding the steps needed to take to fix issues
-most enjoyable was the hours
Pros
schedule availability
Cons
not being able to be more hands on with the customer's computer
Reasonable work atmosphere, job security was not present.
Internet Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 June 2014
Job duties were well managed and management and training were reasonable. Site was shut down due to relocation overseas. Job security was not there at all.
Pros
Performance driven positions
Cons
Job security
Superficial concern for employee wellbeing
Technical Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC Canada27 February 2012
They will provide you with minimum training required by the company you will be performing outsource duties for. This is often not enough training to be able to meet the performance standards you will be graded on.

The pay is VERY poor. Stream Global Services has played the "poor economy" card as much as it can with regards to pay. If you are a phone agent there are NO PAY INCREASES! This is a company policy for phone agents. You can if you are lucky add to your pay through the bonus plan call "Pay for Performance" but that is not a long term solution.

They have an attendance system the penalizes you for being ill.

Stream Global Services is a reasonable place to work if you need a mindless job or want to regroup before finding something better
Pros
most of your time is spent working independently.
Cons
poor pay compared to the rest of the industry.
Put a lot of effort in and get less back
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 October 2012
sign in talk to customers every minute till lunch then back talking to customers.They asked questions regarding their bills to cells to what department are they talking to.
I learned how to explain bills to people and not get frustrated at the customer .
The management was nice and patient.
The co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Make sales, was the hardest part there.
The most enjoyable part was when I made a customer happy.
Pros
get to work with computers
Cons
the computers crashed time and time
Changing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 June 2013
This company has a negative reputation regarding their work environment. One of the common complaints is that, your day starts off with consistent equipment failures, and unsanitary surrounding. As well, majority of the supervisors are extremely over worked, and required to micromanage the employees with negative feedback, as opposed to positive reinforcement. However, this company has become aware of the working environment that has been described in a negative fashion by majority of the employees, and is actively trying to change the environment. One of the positive steps that the company has taken is to meet with the employees and to discuss their regrets in the way they have treated the staff. Additionally, they are providing information on how they are going to change the mindset of the staff. I believe that the company is genuine in their position for change and will follow through with their projected outcomes.
One of the better call centres
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2013
Solve technical problems while being held to high, nearly impossible to reach goals. Stream will hire anyone who can Google search the mayor of Toronto, so co-workers can be almost any Joe off the street.
The hardest part of the job is working up the will to go to work, and saying no to voluntary time off. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a pay cheque, and reaching the end of your shift.
Pros
No physical work involved.
Cons
Customer expectations are way to high. Same with management.
A great place to work, friendly work environment
desktop computer support tekniton (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2015
Working for Stream was very rewarding for me. I learned many things (ex). communication skills, problem solving,and I inproved my customer service skills working at Stream International inc.was fun and exciting fastpaced a friendly enviroment to work in.over all a great place to work.
Pros
It was a fun place to work
Cons
Power line magneitic radiation out side
Well Structured And Enjoyable
Inbound Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2013
Stream was a good work place, they went out of their way to make it seem like a good job. It was difficult but Canadian customers on inbound calls are reasonable. I handle billing and some technical related concerns which results in upset people. I have financial discretion which I use to resolve customer issues.

My co-workers are good people but we are rarely working together; a call centre environment is always individual work.

The job itself is fairly easy, you do your best to resolve the issue and show empathy through the process. For the most part I have learned to be more empathetic and have a more powerful speaking voice.

In all honesty, my favourite part of the job is the cafeteria. Excellent soup.
Pros
Good pay, structured environment
Cons
Inflexible and difficult hours
Productive and Friendly
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 August 2015
I enjoyed working as a Red Box Customer Service Agent while with Stream Global Services. Pay was great, staff of friendly and the job was simple and rewarding.
Pros
Incentives, Advancment, Understanding Managment
Cons
Unreliable Hours.

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location