Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 July 2013
Every day is different when you work for Stream Global Services. You are challenged mentally, sometimes causing you to develope " outsid the box" solutions to difficult problems. The Management is great, and understanding. Typically, the managers are hired from within the company.

The hardest part of the job is watching minimum wage creep up on your wage, knowing that when you started there you wer making 4 dollars more an hour than minimum wage, and now you make 2 dollars more.

They do have a pay for performance payout every quarter. Great way to encourage employees to try harder.
Pros
Challenging Job
Cons
Pay could be better
Not flexible, solid weekly hours, typical call center job
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova Scotia20 August 2013
Call center jobs mean dealing with some irate customers, keep this in mind. Call center roles are not for everyone.

Management was friendly and helpful, if not a little black and white with policy.

Decent environment, other then policy not allowing books / paper on the work floor or any sort of electronic.

Customer's could become very angry or hurtful, but management is always willing to help in needed.
Pros
Solid hours, room for advancement, desk job
Cons
Little to no flexability, no work / life balance
A good, rewarding job for the area.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 October 2013
While a little on the low-side wage-wise for technical support positions, Stream was a fun and fulfilling place to work. The Team Leaders and management were friendly and helpful and the environment was good. A decent benefits package combined with an above-average wage for the location meant it felt like a worthwhile place to work.

My only complaint is that other technical support positions in the Vancouver area pay nearly $4/hour more than I was making on the contract I was working.
Pros
Decent wage and benefits, fun and friendly environment.
Cons
Training lacking, low-pay grade compared to similar jobs in Vancouver
Good exercise program instituted so the clerical staff got some time away from their desks
Customer service representative for HP computers (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 April 2014
In a typical day I answered phones and directed inquiries or assisted customers in dealing with their computer problems.

I learned to multitask more efficiently, as well as diagnose hardware problems in HP computers (laptops and desktop units)

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 3am to be at work for 4am during the morning shifts.

The part of the job I enjoyed most was having the opportunity to know what the best computers on the market would be before the units hit the shelves for the general public.
Pros
Delicious food in the cafeteria
Cons
I had five different supervisors at once... it was like the movie, Office Space
Good support system, and fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 March 2014
I learned about new software programs and how to deescalate situations with customer. My co-workers were very friendly and they were a very good support system because of the stresses of working in a call centre. I believe that the hardest part of the job was all the talking on the phone. The most enjoyable part would have been the new experiences that I got to deal with that I have never experienced before.
great people and atmosphere
dell tech (Current Employee) –  NS21 August 2013
The day starts with greeting everyone when I come to work.I learned that I cant do any task that is assigned to me. All managers on dell are great.I get along well with my manager and my co-workers.The hardest part of my job is when my data base goes down and have no information to do my job.best part of the job is talking to people and assisting techs with fixing computers.
Pros
great enviroment to work
Cons
working with tools that do not work
Bland Workspace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 May 2015
Very dry work environment, 100 percent turnover rate. trainers let you know you probably wont make it. Training for customer service took 6 weeks, of 10 to 2am hours. shift choices are based on performance, not fair.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
long hours into the night, old/ problematic computer database
Seemingly good place to work, unless you spend longer than 1 year there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 August 2014
On the surface, it seems like a good place to work. But that is only for the short term.
Raises past this point, and potential for advancement are as sparse as an oasis in the desert.
They continually revise policy to ensure they are breaking the spirits of the maximum number of employees.
Pros
shelter from the elements...mostly
Cons
You are treated as a number, not a person.
IT
Internet Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 July 2014
• Responsible for handling inbound technical support calls within a large Call Center environment.
• Ensure customers receive technical support required in a professional and service oriented manner.
• Utilize the ability to handle irrate customers, troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve.
• Work within a strong team environment and help to attain individual as well as group goals.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Easygoing environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 July 2013
Most days at stream were straight forward but you learn how to handle customers properly form the hard days that come aswel all the employees are very friendly and outgoing. But the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was hearing thank you after helping the customer with the problem.
Pros
Great enviroment, flexible hours.
Cons
You're on a headset all day not talking to the customers face to face.
Support center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS28 September 2012
Answer phones, help customers with issues related to whichever account you are in. Management was ok, just customer support agents who exceeded with their jobs, so they had the experience and know how. Co-workers were easier to get along with since seating was random. Hardest part of job was aggravated customers. Best was resolving their issues.
Pros
mingling with co-workers
Cons
shifts changed every couple weeks
Technical support for HP/Compaq desktop computer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  LDONON ONTARIO30 August 2015
TAKING CALLS
RETURNING CALLS
FXING COMPUTERS
SELLING HP/COMPAQ COMPUTERS
TROUBELSHOOTING AND LOGING EVERTING ON A DATA BASE
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
NIGHT SHIFHTS
Loved working here shouldnt of quit!
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 June 2015
Great work environment loved the job great place
learned a lot of interesting thing
loved meeting new people
hardest part is getting the first weeks down then everything gets a lot easier should of had more train on careforce
Well Structured And Enjoyable
Inbound Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2013
Stream was a good work place, they went out of their way to make it seem like a good job. It was difficult but Canadian customers on inbound calls are reasonable. I handle billing and some technical related concerns which results in upset people. I have financial discretion which I use to resolve customer issues.

My co-workers are good people but we are rarely working together; a call centre environment is always individual work.

The job itself is fairly easy, you do your best to resolve the issue and show empathy through the process. For the most part I have learned to be more empathetic and have a more powerful speaking voice.

In all honesty, my favourite part of the job is the cafeteria. Excellent soup.
Pros
Good pay, structured environment
Cons
Inflexible and difficult hours
great work enviroment,with friends and something I like to do!!
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS17 December 2012
Facilities is a great job,the people are all grateful for the work I do,I`ve learned to proritize and expand my mechanical knowlege in generators and UPS Systems,as well as electricity and plumbing.Working with the Vedors is enjoyable,as a short quip usually brings a smile!
Pros
help cafeteria put food away etc. and get free food in return!!
A day in the life of Stream
Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville Ontario22 October 2013
Start of your day
- Get in a half an hour early
- Start your systems
- Lock your computer
- Get your coffee
-Start taking calls

Middle of your day
- Customers often passionate
- Customers have puzzles for your to solve
- Feeling tired
- Getting taught by management
- Setting goals

End of the day
- Praying for VTO (Voluntary time off)
- Can't find anyone to help with call flows
- Getting your phone ringed by management 30 seconds of not readying yourself for the next call
- No time to touch up notes on what you just did on a call
Pros
Caferia in the Centre, Lots of puzzles in need of solving, Learning all of the time
Cons
Unrealistic Management, Surreal sense of being miserable, Employees often do drugs and want you to join them, Office romances, Drama, Overly cold atmosphere tempreture wise, Can't trust anyone
Working for Roger's
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2014
Typical day at Convergy's working on Roger's contract is ok until you get nasty calls from Customer's screaming at you about their bill being to high and that you are the one responsible for the price increase, and the odd time using foul language towards you. I have learned to be extremely patient more that I already am since I do have children, with talking to very upset customer's. Management is very interactive with sales and offering incentive's. The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue with the customer's because they are yelling at you when your just in billing to explain the bill and add or remove services. The most enjoyable part is when you do activate new services the prizes you have a chance to win, and you do get a lot of customer's that you can joke with.
Pros
Prize insentive's
Cons
Nasty Customer's
One of the worst place to work at
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2013
Stream Global Services is like a prison, no human feelings inside of this Company, just a perment sentiment of panic and stress among people working there. A very bad management, every day rules are changing, creating chaos, confusion and making the goal of meeting the expectation of the company almost imposible to be reached...Poor salary,etc...
Cons
Stress, pressure
Review summary
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2013
Answer calls and trouble shoot customer issues
patiently gather customer info before trying to troubleshoot problems.
there is 1 manager to every 10 or 15 people , I have over 1000 co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is staying focused and driven to excel.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the incentives to do well.
Pros
good wages, good people
Cons
bad shifts, not enough hours
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 August 2015
Stream is a call centre, where you more or less have to learn on your own, despite the training that was provided. There wasn't much support
Pros
Had a cafeteria
Cons
Not enough Team Leaders