Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2014
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
Pros
steady pace
Cons
no face to face interactions
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
cafetaria
Cons
long days sometimes
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 23, 2014
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Pros
good pay, nice facility, nice break rooms
Cons
bad management, hard to get time off, very boring work, very isolating work, depressing
Great entry level workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Technical Support Professional Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 17, 2014
Stream is great place for anyone just starting in the workforce.
A typical day is basically answer calls and taking breaks when scheduled. I learned a lot of technical and Interpersonal skills to assist customers so they leave the phone with a great experience.

Management and Co-workers are pretty great.
Management does what they can to help you help the customer. They are overall awesome and usually stop what they are doing to help you out first. All the Co-workers I have met are usually friendly and try to help you out if your stuck.

The most difficult part of the job would be managing your mental stress level. Some days its dead and your tied to your desk until break time. Other days its raining calls and you have no time for a break nor thought after another call comes in with somebody screaming in your ear. It can affect your personal life.

Enjoyable parts of the job were knowing you had brightened someones day or conversing with co-workers during slow call days and being able to participate in fun staff functions.
Pros
staff functions that are fun, 1 weeks paid vacation after a year and plus 1 week after each consecutive year, great co-workers and management and fixed schedule.
Cons
working with clients based in other locations is challenging, low pay, and very little flexibility to job schedules.
EVERYONE SEEMED TO LIKE IT EVEN ON A BAD DAY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 5, 2014
GOOD CALLS BAD CALLS ITS JUST A CALL YOUD GET OVER IT
I LEARNED NEVER TO TAKE THINGS PERSONAL
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE
COWORKS EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS BUSY BUT WHEN THERE WAS A BREAK IT WAS ALWAYS NICE TO CHAT WITH A NEW PERSON
TRYING NOT TO TAKE A ANGRY CALL PERSONAL
THE BEST PART WAS JUST KNOWING YOU HELPED SOMEBODY AND MADE THERE DAY BETTER MIGHT NOT BE ALL OF THE CALLS BUT THE ONES THAT CARE ARE ALWAYS NICE
Pros
good money
Cons
weird hours
Enjoyable work environment with good management.
Consumer Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 4, 2014
Inbound technical support for HP Printers. Management and co-workers were supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was when the phones were quite and shifts were long.
Call Centre
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 3, 2014
Supported customers with printer scanner and fax issues. Learned the ropes of call centre world.
Pros
very great training. great people. great experience.
Cons
no advancement potential.
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 28, 2014
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Pros
reliable income, benefits and rrsp matching
Cons
not a long term career or job choice.
Good hours
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 14, 2014
Amazing supervisor and trainer. Hardest part is high turn over and very quick advancement
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 12, 2014
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Pros
flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons
more calls, and littel bit pressure
Ok work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2014
At first I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed having quotas and things to do. After a little bit the job became very demanding, with little reward for a job well done. There was a very high turn over rate.
Pros
speaking with customers
Cons
high expectations from company that were almost impossible to meet.
N/A
making sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 30, 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.
Good exercise program instituted so the clerical staff got some time away from their desks
Customer service representative for HP computers (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2014
In a typical day I answered phones and directed inquiries or assisted customers in dealing with their computer problems.

I learned to multitask more efficiently, as well as diagnose hardware problems in HP computers (laptops and desktop units)

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 3am to be at work for 4am during the morning shifts.

The part of the job I enjoyed most was having the opportunity to know what the best computers on the market would be before the units hit the shelves for the general public.
Pros
delicious food in the cafeteria
Cons
i had five different supervisors at once... it was like the movie, office space
Typical day
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 24, 2014
For the most part, working at Stream was great. The people you work with are amazing and ready to help you if you're having problems on a call and the managers assist you the best they can when it's something that a front line agent is not able to.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are ready for a fight no matter what the answer is or not being able to answer the question they have because you haven't received training for that particular thing yet. All in all I enjoyed helping my customers with their issues.
wouldn't work for them again
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 3, 2014
the company is most of the time always in small cities so they can get the people for a low salary
big building filled with people giving customer service over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  chilliwack bcApril 3, 2014
busy , always had lots of hours! Never a problem with scheduling and were always consistant week to week! booking time off was easy!
Pros
hours, and ability to book time off
Cons
stressful dealing with the odd angry customer
Good support system, and fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 19, 2014
I learned about new software programs and how to deescalate situations with customer. My co-workers were very friendly and they were a very good support system because of the stresses of working in a call centre. I believe that the hardest part of the job was all the talking on the phone. The most enjoyable part would have been the new experiences that I got to deal with that I have never experienced before.
Grey and disconnected
Case Management, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 19, 2014
It was unfortunate that they wanted so desperately for people to be disconnected from the workers around them so they would put them in these cubicles and give them coloring sheets like small children. The job itself was fine, the attitude within the building however was bleak and would give me a sense of doom the minute I walked in the door.
Pros
managers were usually easy to talk to
Cons
no natural light came inside the building for 8 hours/day.
Fun Talking To People Across North America
Tech Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 17, 2014
It was fun talking to the many different people and helping them fix their issues
Pros
talking to many different people
Cons
some people took their frusterations out on you
It is what it is
Technical Support Professional II Supported (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 8, 2014
For a call center environment, it's exactly what you expect.
There are some office politics as with any work place, it doesn't take too long to see them.

Majority of the manager a good friends inside and outside of work.
However with that said I found many of them to be nice and helpful for career advancement. That is not the case with all of the team managers however.

Training was dull, over extended and not exactly organized.
Co-workers were great.

Most enjoyable part was a few good team managers and co-workers
Hardest part - Smiling during training and polices / decisions that make no sense.
Pros
professional company - regular pay cheques
Cons
low wages, uncertaintity of advancement opportities.

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location