Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Stream International
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2012
Stream had HP/Compaq as a customer. We answered customer inbound calls that were computer related. We handled software and hardware problems. If a customer's hard drive failed. We would send them a new one and step them through installing the new HDD.
Pros
helping customers.
Cons
as the computers became more technical, we were asked to do less troubleshooting.
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 May 2014
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Pros
Reliable income, Benefits and RRSP matching
Cons
Not a long term career or job choice.
Loved working here shouldnt of quit!
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 June 2015
Great work environment loved the job great place
learned a lot of interesting thing
loved meeting new people
hardest part is getting the first weeks down then everything gets a lot easier should of had more train on careforce
Generic Call Center
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2015
Stream felt like most call centers, very warm welcome environment where you can find at least one person to become your lifelong best friend due to the sheer versatility of the people. That said, it is not a fulfilling job, and for that reason, I'm looking for employment elsewhere.
manager of a high energy team
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 August 2012
Manage a team of 26 agents, set goals for team to hit project metrics, keep moral up. One on one coaching. Discussion logs, action plans
One of the hardest parts of my day would be keeping my team motivated

And working with a really all day would have to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my day
Pros
people
Cons
hi stress environment
N/A
making sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 April 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.
Ever Changing Work Environment
Executive Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 April 2015
there is always something new to learn and a situation to overcome. it is fast paced yet slow. they provide a wide range of hours. There seems to be a disconnect between employees and management but were working to resolve this. Your co-workers make the job.
Superficial concern for employee wellbeing
Technical Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC Canada27 February 2012
They will provide you with minimum training required by the company you will be performing outsource duties for. This is often not enough training to be able to meet the performance standards you will be graded on.

The pay is VERY poor. Stream Global Services has played the "poor economy" card as much as it can with regards to pay. If you are a phone agent there are NO PAY INCREASES! This is a company policy for phone agents. You can if you are lucky add to your pay through the bonus plan call "Pay for Performance" but that is not a long term solution.

They have an attendance system the penalizes you for being ill.

Stream Global Services is a reasonable place to work if you need a mindless job or want to regroup before finding something better
Pros
most of your time is spent working independently.
Cons
poor pay compared to the rest of the industry.
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 August 2015
Stream is a call centre, where you more or less have to learn on your own, despite the training that was provided. There wasn't much support
Pros
Had a cafeteria
Cons
Not enough Team Leaders
stream
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  belleville, ontario14 February 2013
t'was very good there.. its just their probationary period that is the worst from my experience... i wouldve loved to work there longer but unfortunately something came up and they werent flexible... even though i worked hard and did everything i needed to get those few days off
Pros
positive environment
Cons
flexibility of hours
Ok work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2014
At first I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed having quotas and things to do. After a little bit the job became very demanding, with little reward for a job well done. There was a very high turn over rate.
Pros
Speaking with customers
Cons
high expectations from company that were almost impossible to meet.
Great place and people
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 November 2012
This was a great place to work, I loved my job, the people and the managers. I learned a lot about computers and retention. Would not have left if not for the pay and the distance to drive to work.
Pros
the hours were great monday to friday, the people and customers.
Cons
the pay was awful and the distance to drive.
Good With the Bad
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 April 2015
Had hard calls but the work environment made the bad calls not so bad, Always had help when needed, awesome co-workers.
At the time i worked on the Dell tech support for companies, i can't say anything about the other accounts that were/are at Stream.
Great People to work with
Work Management (Former Employee) –  London Ont.25 August 2014
In the 11 years I worked foe Stream I have held many different positions. The last position i had was with inter-day. That is dealing with scheduling. The managers I worked with were all good people and they were all kept well informed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Do not keep up on cost of living
no chance of advancement
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 March 2015
after working hard, no recognition, everything is negative. at times I felt bad for the managers because they were being handed the negativity from upper management to force it on the people who answer phones.
Pros
decent food in the cafeteria
Cons
mandatory overtime
big building filled with people giving customer service over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  chilliwack bc3 April 2014
busy , always had lots of hours! Never a problem with scheduling and were always consistant week to week! booking time off was easy!
Pros
hours, and ability to book time off
Cons
stressful dealing with the odd angry customer
Too much stress and politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  london27 June 2012
It wasnt what you knew it was how chummy you were with the supervisors that got you ahead. Politics and a social structure that does not allow a good hard worker from success.
Pros
its employment
Cons
pay, poor management, company puts too much stress on employees
Changing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 June 2013
This company has a negative reputation regarding their work environment. One of the common complaints is that, your day starts off with consistent equipment failures, and unsanitary surrounding. As well, majority of the supervisors are extremely over worked, and required to micromanage the employees with negative feedback, as opposed to positive reinforcement. However, this company has become aware of the working environment that has been described in a negative fashion by majority of the employees, and is actively trying to change the environment. One of the positive steps that the company has taken is to meet with the employees and to discuss their regrets in the way they have treated the staff. Additionally, they are providing information on how they are going to change the mindset of the staff. I believe that the company is genuine in their position for change and will follow through with their projected outcomes.
Reasonable work atmosphere, job security was not present.
Internet Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 June 2014
Job duties were well managed and management and training were reasonable. Site was shut down due to relocation overseas. Job security was not there at all.
Pros
Performance driven positions
Cons
Job security
good place to work great environment
customer representative (Former Employee) –  London Ontario4 June 2013
a typical day would consist of going to my work station and signing in and preparing for the calls before the shift starts once started i would await for my first customer and address there issue there having.
Pros
consist hours
Cons
i rate coustomers

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location