Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Not Good
telephone representaive (Former Employee) –  glace bay nova scotiaNovember 10, 2014
This job was too stress full for me. long hours mandatory over time, and the Boss's were very hard on all of the workers here.
Cons
long hours, difficult to work for this company
Low wages due to low employment opportunities in region.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville,ONOctober 18, 2014
Worked with a lot of great people, but felt like just another number from Head Office perspective. Company was a very large international organization.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
low advancement opportunities.
Generic Call Center
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Stream felt like most call centers, very warm welcome environment where you can find at least one person to become your lifelong best friend due to the sheer versatility of the people. That said, it is not a fulfilling job, and for that reason, I'm looking for employment elsewhere.
Support center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 28, 2012
Answer phones, help customers with issues related to whichever account you are in. Management was ok, just customer support agents who exceeded with their jobs, so they had the experience and know how. Co-workers were easier to get along with since seating was random. Hardest part of job was aggravated customers. Best was resolving their issues.
Pros
mingling with co-workers
Cons
shifts changed every couple weeks
Great People to work with
Work Management (Former Employee) –  London Ont.August 25, 2014
In the 11 years I worked foe Stream I have held many different positions. The last position i had was with inter-day. That is dealing with scheduling. The managers I worked with were all good people and they were all kept well informed.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
do not keep up on cost of living
Good With the Bad
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 23, 2015
Had hard calls but the work environment made the bad calls not so bad, Always had help when needed, awesome co-workers.
At the time i worked on the Dell tech support for companies, i can't say anything about the other accounts that were/are at Stream.
Great place, but lower pay & a call centre
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 10, 2012
It is a call centre with good people the client may change.
But Stream remains a critical employer in Quinte as the non discrimination and disabled assistive policies give all people a chance.

Their training program is excellent

However, call centre rules apply
Pros
good people structured advancement
Cons
shift bid
Productive , fun , eduactionl
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  cape bretonOctober 30, 2014
Learned allot about computer hardware and software , telephone technical support agent , management was always friendly , co-workers are great , and love the feeling of accomplishment .
Pros
wages
Stream
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 29, 2015
o Managing the French department of the call center.
o Supervising the activities and motivation of 30 employees.
o Training and coaching.
o Weekly performance reviews.
o Quality checks and monitoring calls.
o Payroll and database entry.
o Employee evaluations.
o Customer support, answering and resolving complaints.
o Light supervision of other departments.
o Frequent training and refreshing of skills and techniques.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
chaos
co workers are fun to be around
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 20, 2014
I would managed complaints from head office. The hardest part of the job is telling someone that I am unable to do what they are asking for. I learned how to defuse the situation and make an angry customer happy. The management seemed to be very poor. The would treat you like a number and would not listen to what you would have to say.
Working at Stream
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  London OntarioSeptember 10, 2014
I learned how to sell products while troubleshooting issues. It was difficult working with irate customers, so this was a good experience to learn to handle the situation properly.
Pros
used my tech skills
Cons
management is not well organized
Changing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 15, 2013
This company has a negative reputation regarding their work environment. One of the common complaints is that, your day starts off with consistent equipment failures, and unsanitary surrounding. As well, majority of the supervisors are extremely over worked, and required to micromanage the employees with negative feedback, as opposed to positive reinforcement. However, this company has become aware of the working environment that has been described in a negative fashion by majority of the employees, and is actively trying to change the environment. One of the positive steps that the company has taken is to meet with the employees and to discuss their regrets in the way they have treated the staff. Additionally, they are providing information on how they are going to change the mindset of the staff. I believe that the company is genuine in their position for change and will follow through with their projected outcomes.
Good exercise program instituted so the clerical staff got some time away from their desks
Customer service representative for HP computers (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2014
In a typical day I answered phones and directed inquiries or assisted customers in dealing with their computer problems.

I learned to multitask more efficiently, as well as diagnose hardware problems in HP computers (laptops and desktop units)

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 3am to be at work for 4am during the morning shifts.

The part of the job I enjoyed most was having the opportunity to know what the best computers on the market would be before the units hit the shelves for the general public.
Pros
delicious food in the cafeteria
Cons
i had five different supervisors at once... it was like the movie, office space
Great entry level workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Technical Support Professional Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 17, 2014
Stream is great place for anyone just starting in the workforce.
A typical day is basically answer calls and taking breaks when scheduled. I learned a lot of technical and Interpersonal skills to assist customers so they leave the phone with a great experience.

Management and Co-workers are pretty great.
Management does what they can to help you help the customer. They are overall awesome and usually stop what they are doing to help you out first. All the Co-workers I have met are usually friendly and try to help you out if your stuck.

The most difficult part of the job would be managing your mental stress level. Some days its dead and your tied to your desk until break time. Other days its raining calls and you have no time for a break nor thought after another call comes in with somebody screaming in your ear. It can affect your personal life.

Enjoyable parts of the job were knowing you had brightened someones day or conversing with co-workers during slow call days and being able to participate in fun staff functions.
Pros
staff functions that are fun, 1 weeks paid vacation after a year and plus 1 week after each consecutive year, great co-workers and management and fixed schedule.
Cons
working with clients based in other locations is challenging, low pay, and very little flexibility to job schedules.
Superficial concern for employee wellbeing
Technical Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC CanadaFebruary 27, 2012
They will provide you with minimum training required by the company you will be performing outsource duties for. This is often not enough training to be able to meet the performance standards you will be graded on.

The pay is VERY poor. Stream Global Services has played the "poor economy" card as much as it can with regards to pay. If you are a phone agent there are NO PAY INCREASES! This is a company policy for phone agents. You can if you are lucky add to your pay through the bonus plan call "Pay for Performance" but that is not a long term solution.

They have an attendance system the penalizes you for being ill.

Stream Global Services is a reasonable place to work if you need a mindless job or want to regroup before finding something better
Pros
most of your time is spent working independently.
Cons
poor pay compared to the rest of the industry.
Would not recomend
Technical Support Profesional (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 30, 2012
When I applied for the position at stream nowhere did it say in the advert that you had to sell stuff. Where I worked we had to sell or else we would be fired. Very stressful I wouldnt recomend to anyone.
Well Structured And Enjoyable
Inbound Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 27, 2013
Stream was a good work place, they went out of their way to make it seem like a good job. It was difficult but Canadian customers on inbound calls are reasonable. I handle billing and some technical related concerns which results in upset people. I have financial discretion which I use to resolve customer issues.

My co-workers are good people but we are rarely working together; a call centre environment is always individual work.

The job itself is fairly easy, you do your best to resolve the issue and show empathy through the process. For the most part I have learned to be more empathetic and have a more powerful speaking voice.

In all honesty, my favourite part of the job is the cafeteria. Excellent soup.
Pros
good pay, structured environment
Cons
inflexible and difficult hours
it was a good job
call centre (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSOctober 7, 2013
i liked working at stream poeple were nice i worked alot and the pay was good just not the job for me
Pros
friendly poeple
Skill building
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 30, 2014
Working at stream I have learned to have patience with anyone who may call in. It is a comfortable work environment for the most part although some particular coworkers made it uncomfortable for me personally since I started. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is being able to connect with so many different types of people in so many different places within a few hours.
Teamwork, Friendly People
Rogers Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJuly 16, 2012
A typical day at work was usually a long one, the people who worked around you were always a friendly fun bunch. But being on the phones with customers could become difficult and stressful.
Pros
the people