Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2014
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
Pros
steady pace
Cons
no face to face interactions
Fun place to start
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 8, 2014
Stream is a great place to start and gain experience in telecommunications, tech support and customer service. They are not however a great place if you are looking for quick advancement. There are many people on the list for promotions that have been there much longer than you will have, when those positions come up, while made available to the whole building, are filled by the most seasoned. If you are looking for a place to meet nice people and be able to talk between calls and great managers who will get to know you and be friends as well as coworkers this is the place.
Pros
swag
Cons
call volume
Enjoyable work environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 14, 2013
Every day is different when you work for Stream Global Services. You are challenged mentally, sometimes causing you to develope " outsid the box" solutions to difficult problems. The Management is great, and understanding. Typically, the managers are hired from within the company.

The hardest part of the job is watching minimum wage creep up on your wage, knowing that when you started there you wer making 4 dollars more an hour than minimum wage, and now you make 2 dollars more.

They do have a pay for performance payout every quarter. Great way to encourage employees to try harder.
Pros
challenging job
Cons
pay could be better
good experience
Sales and activations (Former Employee) –  bellevilleNovember 27, 2012
I would help customers over the phone to help with their bill payments or issues with their bill. I learned that there is many people that do not understand what they get into when they sign a contract for a cell phone and they are unaware of additional costs that can occur with them. The management was always there when I needed them to take over the call when the customer was irate. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain something over the phone to someone when they didn't understand. The enjoyable part of the job was working with others who always shared their opinions on how to help customers that I didn't know how to help over the phone.
A good company, just in an industry too advanced for me
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 11, 2012
I found myself falling behind the rest of the class in learning the job and the terminology. The company which we were representing wanted us to learn most of what we would need on "the floor". As a result, I found that the industry had changed drastically from what it was in my last exposure to Telecommunications. It took me three tries to pass the exam which would allow me to advance with the rest of the class to actually take customer calls. Getting to the floor did not make anything any easier for me, and the experience grew to be more and more frustrating all the time. As much as I tried to catch up with the others, I felt all the more weak and helpless as a call agent.

Finally, I had to admit to myself that I was overmatched in this job, and needed a job where I could relate to people in a face-to-face scenario. The people that I worked with were nice, and management really did try to help me learn. But it just was not to be.
Pros
nice people, good managers, a nifty cafeteria to eat in.
Cons
not enough supervisors on the floor to help, too many other people in similar situations to me.
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE INBETWEEN JOBS AND NEED SOMETHING FAST.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2012
LONG TERM IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AND NOT A PLACE TO GROW FINANCIALLY
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
low pay, and you pay into the benefits program it isn't a perk
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2014
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Pros
cafetaria
Cons
long days sometimes
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova ScotiaJune 28, 2012
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
good training
Cons
rude management
abusive of employees
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 16, 2013
Long hours, low pay, extended sitting leading to injury, high stress, unclean work environment, no chance for promotion or advancement, extremely high turnover.
Very little pay
Switchboard Director (Former Employee) –  London,OnSeptember 14, 2012
Management staff were great, I guess it was to compensate for the poor pay an change of advancement. Site and cafeteria is nice.
Pros
free parking
Cons
not enough pay
EVERYONE SEEMED TO LIKE IT EVEN ON A BAD DAY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 5, 2014
GOOD CALLS BAD CALLS ITS JUST A CALL YOUD GET OVER IT
I LEARNED NEVER TO TAKE THINGS PERSONAL
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE
COWORKS EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS BUSY BUT WHEN THERE WAS A BREAK IT WAS ALWAYS NICE TO CHAT WITH A NEW PERSON
TRYING NOT TO TAKE A ANGRY CALL PERSONAL
THE BEST PART WAS JUST KNOWING YOU HELPED SOMEBODY AND MADE THERE DAY BETTER MIGHT NOT BE ALL OF THE CALLS BUT THE ONES THAT CARE ARE ALWAYS NICE
Pros
good money
Cons
weird hours
Easy going work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 3, 2014
good place to work as a part/full time career with good employees and good management
busy workplace with lots of hours available
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2013
-answer calls and provide technical support for internet and software related issues
-i learned how to troubleshoot and fix most common issues
-management was great but tended to lack professionalism
- coworkers were mostly friendly and helpful
-hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that had trouble understanding the steps needed to take to fix issues
-most enjoyable was the hours
Pros
schedule availability
Cons
not being able to be more hands on with the customer's computer
Generic Call Center
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Stream felt like most call centers, very warm welcome environment where you can find at least one person to become your lifelong best friend due to the sheer versatility of the people. That said, it is not a fulfilling job, and for that reason, I'm looking for employment elsewhere.
Put a lot of effort in and get less back
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 3, 2012
sign in talk to customers every minute till lunch then back talking to customers.They asked questions regarding their bills to cells to what department are they talking to.
I learned how to explain bills to people and not get frustrated at the customer .
The management was nice and patient.
The co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Make sales, was the hardest part there.
The most enjoyable part was when I made a customer happy.
Pros
get to work with computers
Cons
the computers crashed time and time
One of the better call centres
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 28, 2013
Solve technical problems while being held to high, nearly impossible to reach goals. Stream will hire anyone who can Google search the mayor of Toronto, so co-workers can be almost any Joe off the street.
The hardest part of the job is working up the will to go to work, and saying no to voluntary time off. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a pay cheque, and reaching the end of your shift.
Pros
no physical work involved.
Cons
customer expectations are way to high. same with management.
N/A
making sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 30, 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.
Not Good
telephone representaive (Former Employee) –  glace bay nova scotiaNovember 10, 2014
This job was too stress full for me. long hours mandatory over time, and the Boss's were very hard on all of the workers here.
Cons
long hours, difficult to work for this company
Low wages due to low employment opportunities in region.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville,ONOctober 18, 2014
Worked with a lot of great people, but felt like just another number from Head Office perspective. Company was a very large international organization.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
low advancement opportunities.