Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 4, 2012
great place to work with a good atmosphere if not bilinhual then wages not to great but people and managers are great to get along with
Great
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 13, 2012
Provided technical support for various computer software companies. This included software support for both Windows and Mac computers.
Assistant to the Controller (Former Employee), Belleville ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: lots of opportunity to advance
Cons: not very many
great people, great place, learned something new every day,
manager of a high energy team
Operations Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 11, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: hi stress environment
Manage a team of 26 agents, set goals for team to hit project metrics, keep moral up. One on one coaching. Discussion logs, action plans
One of the hardest parts of my day would be keeping my team motivated

And working with a really all day would have to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my day
technical support agent
Technical support Agent (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 9, 2012
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: no cons, i just wanted to move to a bigger city
It was a friendly and fun atmosphere
i have learned a lot , including customer service experience and proficiency in using all office applications
fun workplace
Team Manager, Operations Rogers care services (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 1, 2012
was very fun working one handling custiomhere, typical day was on the phone handling customer complaints and billing issues.
Management was great, co-workers were great
Teamwork, Friendly People
Rogers Customer Care (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJuly 16, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was usually a long one, the people who worked around you were always a friendly fun bunch. But being on the phones with customers could become difficult and stressful.
Office Enviroment
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 2, 2012
Pros: bbqs
Cons: short breaks
Hours are not good.
Call center job.
Learned a lot in telecommunications.
Commission.
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, Nova ScotiaJune 28, 2012
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: no room for advancement
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't – more... come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer. – less
terrible company to work for.
customer service rep (call centre) (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2012
I was fired for being sick with a doctors note I'm not fond of the company

January 30, 2013

i had the same thing happen to me they are a joke to work for!!

Would not recomend
Technical Support Profesional (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 30, 2012
When I applied for the position at stream nowhere did it say in the advert that you had to sell stuff. Where I worked we had to sell or else we would be fired. Very stressful I wouldnt recomend to anyone.
don't walk, run away!
support/sales (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioMay 12, 2012
Pros: need a pay check
Cons: they fire the great people and keep the awful ones
Well, it is an absolutely awful place to work. They advertise "competitive pay"=Lie. They advertise "lots of chance to move up"= Lie. "great environment"=LIE. While I worked there, I lived about 50 minutes outside of town, one night I came in, went to my "supervisor" and told him about the large snowstorm we were supposed to get (my shift was 6pm-3am...not – more... sure how that worked), and said "If it gets heavy, Im leaving before the roads get absolutely ugly" Well the storm slammed into the area(it lasted for 36 hours), I went up and said "Im leaving"...he told me that I couldn't, and would not let me leave(literally blocking the door). I was being held there against my will, so I threatened to call the police, and he threatened my job if I did that. Secondly, they tell you in training that your first shift selection quality is based on your average test score...well mine ended up being 3rd highest in my training group, #1 took Thursday--Monday 10-6pm, #2 took tuesday-sat-12-8 30pm, Then I chose Mon-Friday 10-6pm...and wound up getting stuck on a crazy graveyard shift.

Supervisors there are only in those positions because they literally tripped and fell right into them because of who they "know" and drink with, then they think they can intimidate people and try to bully people because they are in a position of authority. The only time someone ever gets promoted, is if someone else leaves. Raises don't exist, equality doesn't exist. Upper management is a complete joke, no idea how to treat employees. The pay is terrible, they claim to pay you commission on things you sell, but you never see it. All in all, it is quite possibly the worst place on the planet to work. – less
productive workplace
customer service rep (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: sitting and waiting for calls
nice co-workers and management,answered calls for customers for rogers wireless
Superficial concern for employee wellbeing
Technical Support Professional (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BC CanadaFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: most of your time is spent working independently.
Cons: poor pay compared to the rest of the industry.
They will provide you with minimum training required by the company you will be performing outsource duties for. This is often not enough training to be able to meet the performance standards you will be graded on.

The pay is VERY poor. Stream Global Services has played the "poor economy" card as much as it can with regards to pay. If you are a phone – more... agent there are NO PAY INCREASES! This is a company policy for phone agents. You can if you are lucky add to your pay through the bonus plan call "Pay for Performance" but that is not a long term solution.

They have an attendance system the penalizes you for being ill.

Stream Global Services is a reasonable place to work if you need a mindless job or want to regroup before finding something better – less
Productive and fun work place
BILINGUAL ORDER SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee), Tempe AzOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun activities, watch tv.
Cons: n/a
Took calls all day for order support. Assisting customers with issues with their orders and pending orders. Help customers review their monthly phone bill. Light sales when needed, also did floor support to assist new members added to the team.
Productive Work Place
Customer Support Professinal (Former Employee), Watertown, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: unpaid lunches
Cons: health care
typical day at work was to answer phone calls at the call center help and assist customers needs and to acknowledge the customers concerns and needs help navigate the website with inbound callers .I
would say the hardest part of the job was handling upset customers .the enjoyable part of the job as we could go home knowing that we have helped the customers – more... learn how to navigate and salve the issues – less
Great job if you hate living (better bad-jobs are out there)
Case Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers are cool
Cons: training, no room for fun, lower back pain, too easy to be fired, paid by minute
You'll hate your contractor after this job

Here's a summary:

- Paid by the minute (no, not hourly)
- Application Process is a lie (pick any answers, don't waste time)
- Healthy living isn't promoted at all (HR lied to me)
- Management is hit and miss
- We're worthless
- Some bad advice (based on experience)
- A dirty factory job disguised as a comfy – more... office job

Typical Day:
Go to work, punch in 5 mins early cause I can, take a 27 min lunch and leave on the dot. Set up out bounds and take in bounds, draw when I'm bored, get up to stretch (you can feel management glaring at you when you get up at all).

What I learned:
Corporation will annoy you. Working here is so rule-crazy that I feel like a rebel just for having some basic human rights, like standing, walking, going on break etc. It's crazy.

Co-workers:
I have a theory: You hate your job and love your co-workers, or you love your job and hate your co-workers.
This job will make you love either your coworkers or the people on the phone because you're locked in a corner with management and forced to work like a fiend.

Hardest part:
Trust. You can't because someone will stab you in the back.

The most enjoyable part:
Getting walked. I felt a freedom, like leaving prison.

- Paid by the minute
Here's a little secret: you're paid minutely, not hourly. I've worked 40 hrs and 18 mins thanks to that cheap system. I've made more money then my co workers who work a lot harder than I do. Also there's no punch card, you walk 5 minutes to your computer from the entrance, log-in to your computer, go to the software called timecard and punch in on the exact minute you start (start at 8, punch at 8, not 7:59). This alone made me want to quit.
TCO thankfully isn't as strict with timecard but you're still paid minutely .
I asked management and he had no idea what I was talking about.

- Application Process is a liar
They hire anyone off the street, and fire you even quicker.
After that lengthy application and IQ test you're hired. I had that for TCO application, guessed 70% of the answers and got hired on. Oh and get this, you don't even have to finish the test and they'll hire you.

- Health isn't promoted (HR lied to me)
This part I actually don't care about if it weren't for HR telling me in the interview how much they promote an active and healthy lifestyle (if they tell you this; laugh!).
Here's the reality: Everyone smokes, it's like the 50s over there, instead of having a cardio machine, they have a lounge. After sitting all day you can keep sitting. Also poutine and burgers are really popular, which is hilarious because of what HR said in that interview.

- Management is hit and miss
Management is really a hit and miss. You can't really blame them for enforcing bad rules from our glorious contractor, which no one really knows if its Stream making the rules or our glorious contractor (everyone praises them). Management reminds me of a jealous ex; look for something better and they'll ruin you, stay and they'll make your life hard, it's a lose-lose.

- We're worthless
Everyone I talked to shares the same complaints I have. The company doesn't trust you and there's a gun to your head everyday. There's a few people who've been there for a year and almost lost there job because of one screw up. The best way to describe the attitude is that you're an illegal immigrant who they graciously hired but they don't have to keep you, so you work super hard so that maybe they might not fire you.
Customers have legit complaints and corporate don't care at all and we're not even allowed to agree with them or we're fired, we're the bad guys in this, all for corporate.

- "Sorry" just makes things worse
Maybe I'm street smart or just plain not-stupid, but I never apologize for stuff I never did. I'm never going to say "I'm sorry", or even that word if I didn't personally do anything.
Point being; you always have to apologize, even if you didn't do anything wrong, but you can't do that for another departments screw-up, just there situation and always use that word which is like pooring gas on a fire.
When I did "do as I'm told" by saying sorry it was nothing but trouble that could've easily been avoided. Who believes a call-center guy apologizing when your jobs basically a professional liar and you expect people to believe you and not get even angrier?
My co-workers all got yelled at by customers because they follow corporate rules by talking based on procedures, which equals to a hard beating over the phone. I never did that and I was fine, I talked to anyone like how I talk in real life and no one was mad at me, just frustrated at their situation and the company I'm forced to take hits for.

- A dirty factory job disguised as a comfy office job
It's a factory, plain and simple. They want you to think it's not and that you're worth a dime, but you're worthless and it's not.
You here about factories firing people easy and treating people less than dirt, but what you don't know is that it's the same thing here.
I've worked in a factory and it treats you better: do your job, go home.
Also they want you to dress professional, but everyone (like a factory) dresses in whatever they want, like pajama pants, and other unprofessional attire.
I think there's a small bias in favor of women but the funny thing is; we're all treated so equally bad that it doesn't matter anyway. (Basically girls getting away with breaking a few clothing rules, guys can't). – less
Productive and fun workplace
Frontline customer support agent (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 7, 2014
Clean, productive work environment with many perks and very motivational staff with friendly employees.
Productive and Fun and friendly environment.
Inbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07October 5, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch break and 30 minutes personal breaks, spiffs and comissions.
Cons: full health benifits
. Work graveyard shift from Tuesday to Saturday.
. I learned on how to be an effective Customer Service Representative as well as to be an effective employee.
. Learn to listen to each others opinions and suggestions because we don't know that will be more helpful enough to become more successful.
. The hardest part of the job is how to deal with irate – more... customers however the only to pacify them is to listen to their frustrations because at the end of the day we will realize that they are the reason why we have work.
. To be able to help the customers in finding solutions to their problems and being able to understand them, provide them a good product and service that they need based on what they explain or talk about. – less
ok
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2014
and Tasks/Essential Functions:
 Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating
automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or
over the Internet;
 Interact with customers to provide and process information in response
to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
 Gather customer’s information – more... and determine the issue by evaluating
and analyzing the symptoms;
 Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving
internet connectivity, Operating System and Hardware issues
 Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues,
documented help desk tickets/resolutions
 Research required information using available resources;
 Follow standard processes and procedures;
 Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
 Redirect problems to appropriate resource;via Onsite Techician or
Escalate to team leader
 Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and
designated tracking software;
 Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of
retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
 Knowledge and proficiency of Windows operating System (Xp,Vista,
Windows 7)
 Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to
listeners and situations;
 Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where
necessary;
 Stay current with system information, changes and updates
 Proper phone etiquette;
 Ability to speak and type clearly and accurately;
 Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
 Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment;
 Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
 Effective listening skills;
 Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
 Multi-tasking capabilities;
 Minimum 12 hours of weekend working availability on a Saturday or
Sunday
 Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and
other professionals, – less

About Stream Global Services

How far do you want to climb the Stream career ladder? With our promote-from-within philosophy and your talent and ambition to – Read more

Stream Global Services Photos