Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJuly 30, 2014
Friendly place but difficult hours, need to be more flexible with the schedule
The most enjoyable part of this job
Customer Service/Technical Support (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a close group of people and also helping our customers with their technical support issues and helping anyway that I could.
IT
Internet Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
• Responsible for handling inbound technical support calls within a large Call Center environment.
• Ensure customers receive technical support required in a professional and service oriented manner.
• Utilize the ability to handle irrate customers, troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve.
• Work within a strong team environment and help to attain individual as well as group goals.
was fun talk to all kinds of people across North America
Call centre agent (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: there were computers we could use in the lunch room
I would come in log into my computer and my phone get my book out with all my information in it for red box the started taking calls and make sure the customer is satisfied

I enjoyed my manager he was very hands on and helpful

The hardest part of my job was dealing with very upset customers

I enjoyed talking to customers from all over North America and some of the had such strong accents
Reasonable work atmosphere, job security was not present.
Internet Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJune 29, 2014
Pros: performance driven positions
Cons: job security
Job duties were well managed and management and training were reasonable. Site was shut down due to relocation overseas. Job security was not there at all.
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: steady pace
Cons: no face to face interactions
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
GReat place with indoor cafeteria
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: cafetaria
Cons: long days sometimes
It's just your typical call centre environment. Computers and half desks everywhere. I've learnt that Canada does have a fair share of interesting people. Management is fun and does know how to have fun. Co-workers are the usual. Some like you some don't. Can't please everyone. Hardest part is trying to get through an irate phone call. The best part is lunch. Forgot it at home? Got cash? They have an indoor caf. Also, across the street is a corner store and pizza shop
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice facility, nice break rooms
Cons: bad management, hard to get time off, very boring work, very isolating work, depressing
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Great entry level workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Technical Support Professional Level 2 (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: staff functions that are fun, 1 weeks paid vacation after a year and plus 1 week after each consecutive year, great co-workers and management and fixed schedule.
Cons: working with clients based in other locations is challenging, low pay, and very little flexibility to job schedules.
Stream is great place for anyone just starting in the workforce.
A typical day is basically answer calls and taking breaks when scheduled. I learned a lot of technical and Interpersonal skills to assist customers so they leave the phone with a great experience.

Management and Co-workers are pretty great.
Management does what they can to help you help the customer. They are overall awesome and usually stop what they are doing to help you out first. All the Co-workers I have met are usually friendly and try to help you out if your stuck.

The most difficult part of the job would be managing your mental stress level. Some days its dead and your tied to your desk until break time. Other days its raining calls and you have no time for a break nor thought after another call comes in with somebody screaming in your ear. It can affect your personal life.

Enjoyable parts of the job were knowing you had brightened someones day or conversing with co-workers during slow call days and being able to participate in fun staff functions.
EVERYONE SEEMED TO LIKE IT EVEN ON A BAD DAY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: weird hours
GOOD CALLS BAD CALLS ITS JUST A CALL YOUD GET OVER IT
I LEARNED NEVER TO TAKE THINGS PERSONAL
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE
COWORKS EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS BUSY BUT WHEN THERE WAS A BREAK IT WAS ALWAYS NICE TO CHAT WITH A NEW PERSON
TRYING NOT TO TAKE A ANGRY CALL PERSONAL
THE BEST PART WAS JUST KNOWING YOU HELPED SOMEBODY AND MADE THERE DAY BETTER MIGHT NOT BE ALL OF THE CALLS BUT THE ONES THAT CARE ARE ALWAYS NICE
Enjoyable work environment with good management.
Consumer Agent (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 4, 2014
Inbound technical support for HP Printers. Management and co-workers were supportive and friendly. Hardest part of the job was when the phones were quite and shifts were long.
Call Centre
Computer Technician (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: very great training. great people. great experience.
Cons: no advancement potential.
Supported customers with printer scanner and fax issues. Learned the ropes of call centre world.
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 28, 2014
Pros: reliable income, benefits and rrsp matching
Cons: not a long term career or job choice.
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Good hours
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 14, 2014
Amazing supervisor and trainer. Hardest part is high turn over and very quick advancement
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons: more calls, and littel bit pressure
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Ok work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: speaking with customers
Cons: high expectations from company that were almost impossible to meet.
At first I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed having quotas and things to do. After a little bit the job became very demanding, with little reward for a job well done. There was a very high turn over rate.
N/A
making sales (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 30, 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.
Good exercise program instituted so the clerical staff got some time away from their desks
Customer service representative for HP computers (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 29, 2014
Pros: delicious food in the cafeteria
Cons: i had five different supervisors at once... it was like the movie, office space
In a typical day I answered phones and directed inquiries or assisted customers in dealing with their computer problems.

I learned to multitask more efficiently, as well as diagnose hardware problems in HP computers (laptops and desktop units)

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 3am to be at work for 4am during the morning shifts.

The part of the job I enjoyed most was having the opportunity to know what the best computers on the market would be before the units hit the shelves for the general public.
Typical day
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 24, 2014
For the most part, working at Stream was great. The people you work with are amazing and ready to help you if you're having problems on a call and the managers assist you the best they can when it's something that a front line agent is not able to.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are ready for a fight no matter what the answer is or not being able to answer the question they have because you haven't received training for that particular thing yet. All in all I enjoyed helping my customers with their issues.
wouldn't work for them again
Technical Support (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 3, 2014
the company is most of the time always in small cities so they can get the people for a low salary
Headquarters