Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 13, 2012
Provided technical support for various computer software companies. This included software support for both Windows and Mac computers.
Assistant to the Controller (Former Employee), Belleville ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: lots of opportunity to advance
Cons: not very many
great people, great place, learned something new every day,
manager of a high energy team
Operations Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 11, 2012
Pros: people
Cons: hi stress environment
Manage a team of 26 agents, set goals for team to hit project metrics, keep moral up. One on one coaching. Discussion logs, action plans
One of the hardest parts of my day would be keeping my team motivated

And working with a really all day would have to be one of the most enjoyable parts of my day
technical support agent
Technical support Agent (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSAugust 9, 2012
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: no cons, i just wanted to move to a bigger city
It was a friendly and fun atmosphere
i have learned a lot , including customer service experience and proficiency in using all office applications
fun workplace
Team Manager, Operations Rogers care services (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 1, 2012
was very fun working one handling custiomhere, typical day was on the phone handling customer complaints and billing issues.
Management was great, co-workers were great
Teamwork, Friendly People
Rogers Customer Care (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJuly 16, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was usually a long one, the people who worked around you were always a friendly fun bunch. But being on the phones with customers could become difficult and stressful.
Office Enviroment
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 2, 2012
Pros: bbqs
Cons: short breaks
Hours are not good.
Call center job.
Learned a lot in telecommunications.
Commission.
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, Nova ScotiaJune 28, 2012
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: no room for advancement
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't – more... come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer. – less
terrible company to work for.
customer service rep (call centre) (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2012
I was fired for being sick with a doctors note I'm not fond of the company

January 30, 2013

i had the same thing happen to me they are a joke to work for!!

Would not recomend
Technical Support Profesional (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 30, 2012
When I applied for the position at stream nowhere did it say in the advert that you had to sell stuff. Where I worked we had to sell or else we would be fired. Very stressful I wouldnt recomend to anyone.
don't walk, run away!
support/sales (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioMay 12, 2012
Pros: need a pay check
Cons: they fire the great people and keep the awful ones
Well, it is an absolutely awful place to work. They advertise "competitive pay"=Lie. They advertise "lots of chance to move up"= Lie. "great environment"=LIE. While I worked there, I lived about 50 minutes outside of town, one night I came in, went to my "supervisor" and told him about the large snowstorm we were supposed to get (my shift was 6pm-3am...not – more... sure how that worked), and said "If it gets heavy, Im leaving before the roads get absolutely ugly" Well the storm slammed into the area(it lasted for 36 hours), I went up and said "Im leaving"...he told me that I couldn't, and would not let me leave(literally blocking the door). I was being held there against my will, so I threatened to call the police, and he threatened my job if I did that. Secondly, they tell you in training that your first shift selection quality is based on your average test score...well mine ended up being 3rd highest in my training group, #1 took Thursday--Monday 10-6pm, #2 took tuesday-sat-12-8 30pm, Then I chose Mon-Friday 10-6pm...and wound up getting stuck on a crazy graveyard shift.

Supervisors there are only in those positions because they literally tripped and fell right into them because of who they "know" and drink with, then they think they can intimidate people and try to bully people because they are in a position of authority. The only time someone ever gets promoted, is if someone else leaves. Raises don't exist, equality doesn't exist. Upper management is a complete joke, no idea how to treat employees. The pay is terrible, they claim to pay you commission on things you sell, but you never see it. All in all, it is quite possibly the worst place on the planet to work. – less
productive workplace
customer service rep (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: sitting and waiting for calls
nice co-workers and management,answered calls for customers for rogers wireless
Superficial concern for employee wellbeing
Technical Support Professional (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BC CanadaFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: most of your time is spent working independently.
Cons: poor pay compared to the rest of the industry.
They will provide you with minimum training required by the company you will be performing outsource duties for. This is often not enough training to be able to meet the performance standards you will be graded on.

The pay is VERY poor. Stream Global Services has played the "poor economy" card as much as it can with regards to pay. If you are a phone – more... agent there are NO PAY INCREASES! This is a company policy for phone agents. You can if you are lucky add to your pay through the bonus plan call "Pay for Performance" but that is not a long term solution.

They have an attendance system the penalizes you for being ill.

Stream Global Services is a reasonable place to work if you need a mindless job or want to regroup before finding something better – less
n/a
Premium customer service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Friendly people, great break room and lunch room. Also has been freshly renovated.
Time at stream
Quality Representative (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 11, 2014
I was able to use my experience with handling customers to the fullest extent within this job and its many contracts
Not a good place to work.
Assist Team Manager (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Stream is not a very good company to work for. The job that I had was good but the management made it impossible to succeed.
a conferable place to be in with its own cafeteria
Dish Network Tech Support (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, Dominican RepublicSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: food was great
Cons: i got paid in dominican pesos
my job was to provide techinical support over the phone with dish network customers

I've gotten very good in use a pc keyboard and learned all their is to know about TVs computer cellphones and other commonly used tech

no complaints about the job at all
Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vermillion, SDSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: poor pay
Company kept you busy on the phone. Seemed like you would get reprimanded more than appreciated for your accomplishments.
Stream
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Watertown, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: close to home, great co-workers
Cons: being screamed at on the phone and having to play nice
Would usually be taking customer service calls for 6-8 hrs.
Learned a lot more from customers I was helping than from tech. support.
Management there was usually a little more accommodating for those with special needs.
Hardest part was being screamed at on the phone by customers and having to play nice.
Best part of the job there was getting to leave – more... early, and the different people I met. – less
Not a professional work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pto
Cons: everything
horrible management, not professional. No room for growth.

About Stream Global Services

How far do you want to climb the Stream career ladder? With our promote-from-within philosophy and your talent and ambition to – Read more

Stream Global Services Photos