Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova Scotia28 June 2012
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement
Put a lot of effort in and get less back
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 October 2012
sign in talk to customers every minute till lunch then back talking to customers.They asked questions regarding their bills to cells to what department are they talking to.
I learned how to explain bills to people and not get frustrated at the customer .
The management was nice and patient.
The co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Make sales, was the hardest part there.
The most enjoyable part was when I made a customer happy.
Pros
get to work with computers
Cons
the computers crashed time and time
good experience
Sales and activations (Former Employee) –  belleville27 November 2012
I would help customers over the phone to help with their bill payments or issues with their bill. I learned that there is many people that do not understand what they get into when they sign a contract for a cell phone and they are unaware of additional costs that can occur with them. The management was always there when I needed them to take over the call when the customer was irate. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain something over the phone to someone when they didn't understand. The enjoyable part of the job was working with others who always shared their opinions on how to help customers that I didn't know how to help over the phone.
very fun, energetic, helping work environment
Technical support agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 January 2013
I learned a lot from this job position, including technical support with cellular devices and wireless internet devices.my coworkers were amazing, very helpful and positive energy all around. The hardest part of my job was not being able to solve an issue due to the specific madate of my roll-but the most enjoyable part of my job was assisting people in many different ways and showing that positive thinking can make you acccomplish anything.
Over worked, stressful, not worth it.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London Ontario28 January 2013
Wasted 5 years at the place. Compensation was poor, stress level's at the end we're off the chart. When I first started there it was a completely different atmosphere. It was fun, exciting, and got to learn a lot. Too bad the place has changed so much. Middle managment look stressed, you can see it in their eyes.
Pros
i lived right next door so no gas or car needed
Cons
stressful, if you don't hit your target you get written up and let go of. no job security.
Enjoyable work environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 July 2013
Every day is different when you work for Stream Global Services. You are challenged mentally, sometimes causing you to develope " outsid the box" solutions to difficult problems. The Management is great, and understanding. Typically, the managers are hired from within the company.

The hardest part of the job is watching minimum wage creep up on your wage, knowing that when you started there you wer making 4 dollars more an hour than minimum wage, and now you make 2 dollars more.

They do have a pay for performance payout every quarter. Great way to encourage employees to try harder.
Pros
Challenging Job
Cons
Pay could be better
Not flexible, solid weekly hours, typical call center job
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova Scotia20 August 2013
Call center jobs mean dealing with some irate customers, keep this in mind. Call center roles are not for everyone.

Management was friendly and helpful, if not a little black and white with policy.

Decent environment, other then policy not allowing books / paper on the work floor or any sort of electronic.

Customer's could become very angry or hurtful, but management is always willing to help in needed.
Pros
Solid hours, room for advancement, desk job
Cons
Little to no flexability, no work / life balance
A good, rewarding job for the area.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 October 2013
While a little on the low-side wage-wise for technical support positions, Stream was a fun and fulfilling place to work. The Team Leaders and management were friendly and helpful and the environment was good. A decent benefits package combined with an above-average wage for the location meant it felt like a worthwhile place to work.

My only complaint is that other technical support positions in the Vancouver area pay nearly $4/hour more than I was making on the contract I was working.
Pros
Decent wage and benefits, fun and friendly environment.
Cons
Training lacking, low-pay grade compared to similar jobs in Vancouver
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 October 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Good exercise program instituted so the clerical staff got some time away from their desks
Customer service representative for HP computers (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 April 2014
In a typical day I answered phones and directed inquiries or assisted customers in dealing with their computer problems.

I learned to multitask more efficiently, as well as diagnose hardware problems in HP computers (laptops and desktop units)

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 3am to be at work for 4am during the morning shifts.

The part of the job I enjoyed most was having the opportunity to know what the best computers on the market would be before the units hit the shelves for the general public.
Pros
Delicious food in the cafeteria
Cons
I had five different supervisors at once... it was like the movie, Office Space
Skill building
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 December 2014
Working at stream I have learned to have patience with anyone who may call in. It is a comfortable work environment for the most part although some particular coworkers made it uncomfortable for me personally since I started. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is being able to connect with so many different types of people in so many different places within a few hours.
Easygoing environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 July 2013
Most days at stream were straight forward but you learn how to handle customers properly form the hard days that come aswel all the employees are very friendly and outgoing. But the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was hearing thank you after helping the customer with the problem.
Pros
Great enviroment, flexible hours.
Cons
You're on a headset all day not talking to the customers face to face.
Seemingly good place to work, unless you spend longer than 1 year there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 August 2014
On the surface, it seems like a good place to work. But that is only for the short term.
Raises past this point, and potential for advancement are as sparse as an oasis in the desert.
They continually revise policy to ensure they are breaking the spirits of the maximum number of employees.
Pros
shelter from the elements...mostly
Cons
You are treated as a number, not a person.
Well Structured And Enjoyable
Inbound Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2013
Stream was a good work place, they went out of their way to make it seem like a good job. It was difficult but Canadian customers on inbound calls are reasonable. I handle billing and some technical related concerns which results in upset people. I have financial discretion which I use to resolve customer issues.

My co-workers are good people but we are rarely working together; a call centre environment is always individual work.

The job itself is fairly easy, you do your best to resolve the issue and show empathy through the process. For the most part I have learned to be more empathetic and have a more powerful speaking voice.

In all honesty, my favourite part of the job is the cafeteria. Excellent soup.
Pros
Good pay, structured environment
Cons
Inflexible and difficult hours
great work enviroment,with friends and something I like to do!!
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS17 December 2012
Facilities is a great job,the people are all grateful for the work I do,I`ve learned to proritize and expand my mechanical knowlege in generators and UPS Systems,as well as electricity and plumbing.Working with the Vedors is enjoyable,as a short quip usually brings a smile!
Pros
help cafeteria put food away etc. and get free food in return!!
A day in the life of Stream
Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville Ontario22 October 2013
Start of your day
- Get in a half an hour early
- Start your systems
- Lock your computer
- Get your coffee
-Start taking calls

Middle of your day
- Customers often passionate
- Customers have puzzles for your to solve
- Feeling tired
- Getting taught by management
- Setting goals

End of the day
- Praying for VTO (Voluntary time off)
- Can't find anyone to help with call flows
- Getting your phone ringed by management 30 seconds of not readying yourself for the next call
- No time to touch up notes on what you just did on a call
Pros
Caferia in the Centre, Lots of puzzles in need of solving, Learning all of the time
Cons
Unrealistic Management, Surreal sense of being miserable, Employees often do drugs and want you to join them, Office romances, Drama, Overly cold atmosphere tempreture wise, Can't trust anyone
One of the worst place to work at
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2013
Stream Global Services is like a prison, no human feelings inside of this Company, just a perment sentiment of panic and stress among people working there. A very bad management, every day rules are changing, creating chaos, confusion and making the goal of meeting the expectation of the company almost imposible to be reached...Poor salary,etc...
Cons
Stress, pressure
Bland Workspace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 May 2015
Very dry work environment, 100 percent turnover rate. trainers let you know you probably wont make it. Training for customer service took 6 weeks, of 10 to 2am hours. shift choices are based on performance, not fair.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
long hours into the night, old/ problematic computer database
Review summary
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2013
Answer calls and trouble shoot customer issues
patiently gather customer info before trying to troubleshoot problems.
there is 1 manager to every 10 or 15 people , I have over 1000 co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is staying focused and driven to excel.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the incentives to do well.
Pros
good wages, good people
Cons
bad shifts, not enough hours
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 October 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location