Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Too much stress and politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  london27 June 2012
It wasnt what you knew it was how chummy you were with the supervisors that got you ahead. Politics and a social structure that does not allow a good hard worker from success.
Pros
its employment
Cons
pay, poor management, company puts too much stress on employees
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 October 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Reasonable work atmosphere, job security was not present.
Internet Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 June 2014
Job duties were well managed and management and training were reasonable. Site was shut down due to relocation overseas. Job security was not there at all.
Pros
Performance driven positions
Cons
Job security
Professional friendly environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 July 2014
Management, supervisors and co-workers were always willing to give information, advise, and moral support. It helped strengthen my commitment to the company, the client, and the customer.
I enjoy talking with customers, calming customers, and working on a PC. I have always enjoyed research and applied that skill to seeking the absolute right answers for customers.

It is hard when a customer is agitated and chooses to insult the person whom is committed to helping them. But I understand and find it a challenge to reach through the emotions and find a professional and satisfactory output.
Pros
mandatory breaks
Cons
glitches in software and it slows your service down
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
Company closed
Enjoyed working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Stream. They helped me alot when I became ill.
But they has no tolerance for people that are ill or grieving
Pros
People are fabulous
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Stressful work enviroment
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 December 2012
Very stressful work environment for someone who doesn't enjoy people yelling at you all day long. Hard to get time off for family events, point system is horrible.
benefits
Cons
long hours, low wage, yelling people, 8 points your out
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2014
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Pros
Good pay, Nice facility, Nice break rooms
Cons
Bad management, Hard to get time off, Very boring work, Very isolating work, Depressing
Enjoyable work environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 July 2013
Every day is different when you work for Stream Global Services. You are challenged mentally, sometimes causing you to develope " outsid the box" solutions to difficult problems. The Management is great, and understanding. Typically, the managers are hired from within the company.

The hardest part of the job is watching minimum wage creep up on your wage, knowing that when you started there you wer making 4 dollars more an hour than minimum wage, and now you make 2 dollars more.

They do have a pay for performance payout every quarter. Great way to encourage employees to try harder.
Pros
Challenging Job
Cons
Pay could be better
good experience
Sales and activations (Former Employee) –  belleville27 November 2012
I would help customers over the phone to help with their bill payments or issues with their bill. I learned that there is many people that do not understand what they get into when they sign a contract for a cell phone and they are unaware of additional costs that can occur with them. The management was always there when I needed them to take over the call when the customer was irate. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain something over the phone to someone when they didn't understand. The enjoyable part of the job was working with others who always shared their opinions on how to help customers that I didn't know how to help over the phone.
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE INBETWEEN JOBS AND NEED SOMETHING FAST.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2012
LONG TERM IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AND NOT A PLACE TO GROW FINANCIALLY
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
low pay, and you pay into the benefits program it isn't a perk
A good company, just in an industry too advanced for me
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 September 2012
I found myself falling behind the rest of the class in learning the job and the terminology. The company which we were representing wanted us to learn most of what we would need on "the floor". As a result, I found that the industry had changed drastically from what it was in my last exposure to Telecommunications. It took me three tries to pass the exam which would allow me to advance with the rest of the class to actually take customer calls. Getting to the floor did not make anything any easier for me, and the experience grew to be more and more frustrating all the time. As much as I tried to catch up with the others, I felt all the more weak and helpless as a call agent.

Finally, I had to admit to myself that I was overmatched in this job, and needed a job where I could relate to people in a face-to-face scenario. The people that I worked with were nice, and management really did try to help me learn. But it just was not to be.
Pros
nice people, good managers, a nifty cafeteria to eat in.
Cons
not enough supervisors on the floor to help, too many other people in similar situations to me.
Fun place to start
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 March 2014
Stream is a great place to start and gain experience in telecommunications, tech support and customer service. They are not however a great place if you are looking for quick advancement. There are many people on the list for promotions that have been there much longer than you will have, when those positions come up, while made available to the whole building, are filled by the most seasoned. If you are looking for a place to meet nice people and be able to talk between calls and great managers who will get to know you and be friends as well as coworkers this is the place.
Pros
swag
Cons
call volume
call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Call Center
Technical Support Professional II- Senior (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 August 2015
Stream Global Services employs many great people. The chances for advancement are there but can be difficult to access. The company is Global so there is the opportunity to transfer to other locations.
Pros
loads of free parking
Cons
was sold to Convergys
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova Scotia28 June 2012
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 September 2015
Stream was an enjoyable work environment!
Staff was friendly and there was always room for improvement with everyone!!
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Long hours most days, over time would get to the extreme!
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
Pros
steady pace
Cons
no face to face interactions
abusive of employees
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 April 2013
Long hours, low pay, extended sitting leading to injury, high stress, unclean work environment, no chance for promotion or advancement, extremely high turnover.
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 February 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Rude Management

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location