Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teamwork, Friendly People
Rogers Customer Care (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJuly 16, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work was usually a long one, the people who worked around you were always a friendly fun bunch. But being on the phones with customers could become difficult and stressful.
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, Nova ScotiaJune 28, 2012
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: no room for advancement
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't – more... come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer. – less
terrible company to work for.
customer service rep (call centre) (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2012
I was fired for being sick with a doctors note I'm not fond of the company

Shila – January 30, 2013

i had the same thing happen to me they are a joke to work for!!

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Support Professional (Current Employee), Mandaluyong, P00June 7, 2012
Pros: clothing allowance, rice subsidy, free coffee, juices, free internet access at the pantry area
Cons: graveyard shifts. no holiday pay during day offs.
Working in stream global services is stressful but fun. Having workmates who consider everyone as friends, brothers or sisters. If our schedule allows us to go on lunch together, we share our food and few talking & laughing over our packed foods.

Our management are approachable and handles their responsibilities well. Even at times there are glitches – more... but they're trying their best to provide a good and happy working environment.

The most enjoyable part in my job is going out with my teammates and supervisor after work.

Everyday is a learning process. I learn to love your job well. – less
Would not recomend
Technical Support Profesional (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 30, 2012
When I applied for the position at stream nowhere did it say in the advert that you had to sell stuff. Where I worked we had to sell or else we would be fired. Very stressful I wouldnt recomend to anyone.
don't walk, run away!
support/sales (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioMay 12, 2012
Pros: need a pay check
Cons: they fire the great people and keep the awful ones
Well, it is an absolutely awful place to work. They advertise "competitive pay"=Lie. They advertise "lots of chance to move up"= Lie. "great environment"=LIE. While I worked there, I lived about 50 minutes outside of town, one night I came in, went to my "supervisor" and told him about the large snowstorm we were supposed to get (my shift was 6pm-3am...not – more... sure how that worked), and said "If it gets heavy, Im leaving before the roads get absolutely ugly" Well the storm slammed into the area(it lasted for 36 hours), I went up and said "Im leaving"...he told me that I couldn't, and would not let me leave(literally blocking the door). I was being held there against my will, so I threatened to call the police, and he threatened my job if I did that. Secondly, they tell you in training that your first shift selection quality is based on your average test score...well mine ended up being 3rd highest in my training group, #1 took Thursday--Monday 10-6pm, #2 took tuesday-sat-12-8 30pm, Then I chose Mon-Friday 10-6pm...and wound up getting stuck on a crazy graveyard shift.

Supervisors there are only in those positions because they literally tripped and fell right into them because of who they "know" and drink with, then they think they can intimidate people and try to bully people because they are in a position of authority. The only time someone ever gets promoted, is if someone else leaves. Raises don't exist, equality doesn't exist. Upper management is a complete joke, no idea how to treat employees. The pay is terrible, they claim to pay you commission on things you sell, but you never see it. All in all, it is quite possibly the worst place on the planet to work. – less
productive workplace
customer service rep (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSMarch 26, 2012
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: sitting and waiting for calls
nice co-workers and management,answered calls for customers for rogers wireless
Very strict environment, but they did have a pool table
Front Line Agent (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 16, 2014
Pros: pool table!
Cons: strict environment
I provided phone and remote support for a major U.S. computer manufacturer whom I am unable to disclose as a matter of confidence. I would take calls from the computer owners, find out what they needed or what issues they were having, and depending on the issue either walk them though the diagnosis or provide remote support whenever possible.I would – more... also probe for additional needs that I could provide to them and inform the customers of new products they may not be aware of. I received 4 awards for my performance and customer service. I did not like the company culture as it was very strict and I could not really get to know any of my co-workers. It was a very controlled environment. When I started they had an incentive program where you could earn points and use them for various things, but they did away with that. Management was fair, but again no real way to get to know them due to the environment. – less
Management Lacking Non-Professional
customer rep (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMApril 13, 2014
Pros: helpful co-workers
Cons: chained to work station by headphone cord
Very poor management, People interested in doing a good job for company are not recognized. Manager favored some individuals and falsified time sheets for them.

some co-workers very good about helping you learn systems.

As a top performer in sales was asked to share skill set for others in training.

Poor benefits, left when better opportunity available
Take Care of Employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 9, 2014
Awesome company to work for. Loved this job but unfortunately the hours they needed me for were not compatible with my daycare.
good structured and great working enviroment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), richardson txApril 8, 2014
great company and fun to work for. family type of enviroment
One of the best places.
Senior Sp's (Current Employee), Dominican RepublicApril 3, 2014
Pros: pay lunches
Cons: short brakes.
One of the best places to work, have a game room with a play stations, Xbox, ping pong table and more. Comfortable please to work too.

Nice place.
Assisting Client Services (Former Employee), Altrincham, ENGApril 1, 2014
Typical day at Stream involved managing a team of multilingual advisers promoting outsourcing and off-shoring to Spain and Italy. Along side that I was dealing with Client Services and in direct contact with our clients to make sure all expectations are met, this would involve script changes on the system etc.
fun workplace environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 31, 2014
Pros: co workers, staff, the job its self was great
Cons: managment, flexability
start your day logging on the phones
`take calls
you have to have patience with the customers because it maybe your first call of the day but they may have already spoken with several different reps across seas.
co workers were a joy to be around.
The specific manager that I had was amazing
Fast paced call center troubleshooting for digital devices
Technical Support (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 30, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity for overtime hours
Cons: work/life balance, commute, room for advancement
A typical day started at 5 am and ended at 4 pm, 4 days a week. I answered calls pertaining to software and firmware issues and walked customers through troubleshooting steps. If troubleshooting steps per the online data resources failed to fix the problem I assisted the customer in setting up exchanges/returns. I learned how to extend my customer service – more... skills from face-to-face interactions to over the phone interactions. Management regularly coached employees from recorded calls in a positive, constructive way. – less
Fun workplace
(LBM) - Team Manager (Former Employee), MiddletonMarch 29, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all sorts of people and learning new things
Good stable work.
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: hard work pays off.
Cons: some stressful days.
A typical day at work could be hectic, depending on how many calls came in. There were days were things got very stressful but they always rewarded good hard work.
Fun call center environment with game room
o Senior Associate (Current Employee), phoenix azMarch 22, 2014
Pros: fun environment where you can make friends
Cons: advancement is not as easy as it should be.
Fun place to work with game room and internet cafe. Day to day fluctuates depending on promotions. Several lines of business to work with. Management works with you to the best of their ability.
Productive and straight forward.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORMarch 21, 2014
A typical day at work would include supporting customers across the world through chat support in a live, ongoing queue.

I learned how to appropriately and genuinely handle and resolve customer issues. I also learned key problem solving techniques, billing information and processing, along with hardware/service center product shipments (inbound/outbound).

They – more... promoted from within, so a manager would have been an employee a year ago. It was not very professional, very laid back -- as most call centers are.

The hardest part of my job was attempting to fix or perform a make good to an issue or scenario a customer was experiencing. The things I needed to provide to solve the issue did mostly go against strict company policy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was solving customer issues and making a family member happy with the service. – less
Great Advancement Opportunities
Customer Support Professional (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits, bonuses
Cons: pay grade, point system
Stream offers great opportunities for you to advance. The pay could be better, but they do offer monthly bonuses if you meet your metrics.

About Stream Global Services

How far do you want to climb the Stream career ladder? With our promote-from-within philosophy and your talent and ambition to – Read more

Stream Global Services Photos