Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process Specialist5 March 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 November 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 August 2015
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
Pros
relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons
Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2015
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.
A great place to work, friendly work environment
desktop computer support tekniton (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2015
Working for Stream was very rewarding for me. I learned many things (ex). communication skills, problem solving,and I inproved my customer service skills working at Stream International inc.was fun and exciting fastpaced a friendly enviroment to work in.over all a great place to work.
Pros
It was a fun place to work
Cons
Power line magneitic radiation out side
Productive Work Inviroment
TECHNICAL SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 November 2015
Overall ok place to work, stressful at times but gives me the tools I need to work with customers, Find out what they need and equip them with the right product.
Worked with great people
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2015
Full time hours but different hours everyday (8-6 one day 10-8 the next). Some shifts are 10 hours some are 6, it would be much easier if they gave you consistent 8 hours that were the same week to week. With the amount of staff they have this would be easily done but for some reason they like to have it change constantly.
Pros
Sometimes theres BBQ's
Cons
Get yelled at a lot by customers for stuff you have no control over
fun call center
Bilingual Technical support analyst (Former Employee) –  london24 April 2015
 Answer incoming customer calls in an effective and efficient manner
 Diagnose and fix various computer issues following company policies and procedures.
 Meet company Stat guidelines
 Redirect customer when necessary
 Escalate complaints when necessary following guidelines
 Provide customers with an exceptional customer service experience
 Complete assignments to help managers when requested
Call Center
Technical Support Professional II- Senior (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 August 2015
Stream Global Services employs many great people. The chances for advancement are there but can be difficult to access. The company is Global so there is the opportunity to transfer to other locations.
Pros
loads of free parking
Cons
was sold to Convergys
I enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to gain in exprience in different roles within this company.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 April 2015
A typical day as an agent involved a number of phone calls ranging from 8 to over 100 per day. As I worked on a technical contract and a financial contract there were many differences between them. I most enjoyed my last position as a Quality Reviewer. This position gave me an insight to the corporate world. My management team was usually able to assist me in achieving goals and setting the bar higher every time to help push myself. I strived to be the best in every opportunity the company provided me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 October 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Productive and Friendly
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 August 2015
I enjoyed working as a Red Box Customer Service Agent while with Stream Global Services. Pay was great, staff of friendly and the job was simple and rewarding.
Pros
Incentives, Advancment, Understanding Managment
Cons
Unreliable Hours.
Stream
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 January 2015
o Managing the French department of the call center.
o Supervising the activities and motivation of 30 employees.
o Training and coaching.
o Weekly performance reviews.
o Quality checks and monitoring calls.
o Payroll and database entry.
o Employee evaluations.
o Customer support, answering and resolving complaints.
o Light supervision of other departments.
o Frequent training and refreshing of skills and techniques.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Chaos
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 October 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.
good money , great hours
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2015
It was fun and lots of learning. able to book time off when needed. always able to ask foe help if needed. loved the people i work with and how easy the computer was.
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 September 2015
Stream was an enjoyable work environment!
Staff was friendly and there was always room for improvement with everyone!!
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Long hours most days, over time would get to the extreme!
Skill building
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 December 2014
Working at stream I have learned to have patience with anyone who may call in. It is a comfortable work environment for the most part although some particular coworkers made it uncomfortable for me personally since I started. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is being able to connect with so many different types of people in so many different places within a few hours.
Professional friendly environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 July 2014
Management, supervisors and co-workers were always willing to give information, advise, and moral support. It helped strengthen my commitment to the company, the client, and the customer.
I enjoy talking with customers, calming customers, and working on a PC. I have always enjoyed research and applied that skill to seeking the absolute right answers for customers.

It is hard when a customer is agitated and chooses to insult the person whom is committed to helping them. But I understand and find it a challenge to reach through the emotions and find a professional and satisfactory output.
Pros
mandatory breaks
Cons
glitches in software and it slows your service down
was fun talk to all kinds of people across North America
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 July 2014
I would come in log into my computer and my phone get my book out with all my information in it for red box the started taking calls and make sure the customer is satisfied

I enjoyed my manager he was very hands on and helpful

The hardest part of my job was dealing with very upset customers

I enjoyed talking to customers from all over North America and some of the had such strong accents
Pros
there were computers we could use in the lunch room

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location