Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Great People to work with
Work Management (Former Employee) –  London Ont.August 25, 2014
In the 11 years I worked foe Stream I have held many different positions. The last position i had was with inter-day. That is dealing with scheduling. The managers I worked with were all good people and they were all kept well informed.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
do not keep up on cost of living
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE INBETWEEN JOBS AND NEED SOMETHING FAST.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 16, 2012
LONG TERM IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AND NOT A PLACE TO GROW FINANCIALLY
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
low pay, and you pay into the benefits program it isn't a perk
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 24, 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.
good money , great hours
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 21, 2015
It was fun and lots of learning. able to book time off when needed. always able to ask foe help if needed. loved the people i work with and how easy the computer was.
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
good training
Cons
rude management
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 12, 2014
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Pros
flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons
more calls, and littel bit pressure
don't walk, run away!
support/sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, OntarioMay 12, 2012
Well, it is an absolutely awful place to work. They advertise "competitive pay"=Lie. They advertise "lots of chance to move up"= Lie. "great environment"=LIE. While I worked there, I lived about 50 minutes outside of town, one night I came in, went to my "supervisor" and told him about the large snowstorm we were supposed to get (my shift was 6pm-3am...not sure how that worked), and said "If it gets heavy, Im leaving before the roads get absolutely ugly" Well the storm slammed into the area(it lasted for 36 hours), I went up and said "Im leaving"...he told me that I couldn't, and would not let me leave(literally blocking the door). I was being held there against my will, so I threatened to call the police, and he threatened my job if I did that. Secondly, they tell you in training that your first shift selection quality is based on your average test score...well mine ended up being 3rd highest in my training group, #1 took Thursday--Monday 10-6pm, #2 took tuesday-sat-12-8 30pm, Then I chose Mon-Friday 10-6pm...and wound up getting stuck on a crazy graveyard shift.

Supervisors there are only in those positions because they literally tripped and fell right into them because of who they "know" and drink with, then they think they can intimidate people and try to bully people because they are in a position of authority. The only time someone ever gets promoted, is if someone else leaves. Raises don't exist, equality doesn't exist. Upper management is a complete joke, no idea how to treat employees. The pay is terrible, they claim to pay you commission on things you sell, but you
  more... never see it. All in all, it is quite possibly the worst place on the planet to work.  less
Pros
need a pay check
Cons
they fire the great people and keep the awful ones
Fun, Outgoing Workplace. Great workers and team players.
Customer Service Representative, Saves Department (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSOctober 3, 2013
Work was easy for the most part. Everyday you would buzz yourself in go up to your floor by elevator and sign yourself into your computer. As soon as you did so you were on call. Some calls were rough and tough to take care of but others were easy going. The work with computers was easy to do once i was taught by my wonderful team managers, it wouldn't have been as easy without them. You got 3 breaks a day including your half hour lunch. There were alot of opportunities to make money including your 'saves' pay. I was in the cancellation department and the more people i saved the better the pay and more benefits. When you sold items for the company you had the chance to win prizes. Such as; an hour of VTO (voluntary time off), bars, shirts etc. The pay was pretty good i made 10.50 an hour then plus your saves pay at the end of the month. Working 5 days a week 9 hours a day every 2 weeks i would bring in around 7-800 and at the end of every month your saves could rack you up to a 1200 pay. Overall working for the company was pretty good all the workers, team managers and managers were very flexible and easy to get along with, they made the day go by faster and the job easier to do. The only thing that i found was to difficult to handle (reason why i quit) the customers who called that were nasty and mean ,sometimes it was just too much to handle. But like I said the job for the most part was great.
Pros
amazing people to work around
Cons
bad calls from mean, nasty customers
Work
Executive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 13, 2015
very long hours, and extremely large workloads. enjoyed the environment because of co-workers. The pay was not bad, but as the more work I did it did not seem to justify itself.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Long hours and extremely stressfull
wouldn't work for them again
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 3, 2014
the company is most of the time always in small cities so they can get the people for a low salary
Productive and Friendly
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed working as a Red Box Customer Service Agent while with Stream Global Services. Pay was great, staff of friendly and the job was simple and rewarding.
Pros
Incentives, Advancment, Understanding Managment
Cons
Unreliable Hours.
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 29, 2015
Stream is a call centre, where you more or less have to learn on your own, despite the training that was provided. There wasn't much support
Pros
Had a cafeteria
Cons
Not enough Team Leaders
great co-workers
TECH SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 24, 2013
it is an ok place to work good pay and benefits and would suggest to friends and family in future
Technical support for HP/Compaq desktop computer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  LDONON ONTARIOAugust 30, 2015
TAKING CALLS
RETURNING CALLS
FXING COMPUTERS
SELLING HP/COMPAQ COMPUTERS
TROUBELSHOOTING AND LOGING EVERTING ON A DATA BASE
Pros
enjoyed working there
Cons
NIGHT SHIFHTS
Bland Workspace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 2, 2015
Very dry work environment, 100 percent turnover rate. trainers let you know you probably wont make it. Training for customer service took 6 weeks, of 10 to 2am hours. shift choices are based on performance, not fair.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
long hours into the night, old/ problematic computer database
A great place to work, friendly work environment
desktop computer support tekniton (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 26, 2015
Working for Stream was very rewarding for me. I learned many things (ex). communication skills, problem solving,and I inproved my customer service skills working at Stream International inc.was fun and exciting fastpaced a friendly enviroment to work in.over all a great place to work.
Pros
It was a fun place to work
Cons
Power line magneitic radiation out side
It is what it is
Technical Support Professional II Supported (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 8, 2014
For a call center environment, it's exactly what you expect.
There are some office politics as with any work place, it doesn't take too long to see them.

Majority of the manager a good friends inside and outside of work.
However with that said I found many of them to be nice and helpful for career advancement. That is not the case with all of the team managers however.

Training was dull, over extended and not exactly organized.
Co-workers were great.

Most enjoyable part was a few good team managers and co-workers
Hardest part - Smiling during training and polices / decisions that make no sense.
Pros
professional company - regular pay cheques
Cons
low wages, uncertaintity of advancement opportities.
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 23, 2014
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Pros
good pay, nice facility, nice break rooms
Cons
bad management, hard to get time off, very boring work, very isolating work, depressing
The people are okay, the job not so much
Technical Support Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 3, 2013
I spent about 10 months at stream. During which I was moved to and retrained for 5 different positions, all of which were pseudo-optional.
If you do decide you want to "wait and see if anything is available," instead of going along with the change being forced on you you will either find yourself out of a job or working at the lowest paying filler contract they have at the location.

The point system in place is set up so that once you reach 8 points they are able to terminate your position, half a point for signing in anything more than 4 minutes late for work and half a point for coming in late from lunch.
A full point is assigned for any unscheduled absence of if you are more than 4 hours late. Absences for medical reasons are excused if it's a series of days, however you will still receive 1 point for the initial absence. If you show up anyways and then have to take a leave of absence this starts over again and it would be an additional point.

As for the pay, it's better than minimum wage and the physical workload is nonexistent, however the job itself gets to be extremely stressful depending on the type of contract you are working on. Usually the companies you will work on contract for have their own in-house customer service and technical support agents, they are paid much higher(starting at 15 an hour+ in some instances) for the same job you're doing for slightly above minimum wage.
Technical support is usually better in regards to customer interaction because these are people whose issues you can usually fix and they will be grateful for it, even if they came into the
  more... call angry. Tech Support also pays better with the cap being 12.25 when I was working there.
Customer service is much worse. You'll end up stuck on call after call dealing with people who want to yell at you because they think you're part of whichever company you're working on a contract for. The cap for this is up to around 11.25, I believe, and some contracts pay lower.
For customer service it ends up with an 8 hour work day of dealing with people who a lot of the time are not seemingly mentally competent. I've had a number of people who basically yelled demands at me the whole time and ignored my rational explanation of why I'm not able to give them money they have no right to. When I suggested the customer went into the retail location they had had the problem with she explained that last time they had called the police on her and will do it again.

These are the type of people you will deal with daily.

The best part about the job there was that the TMs(team managers) are often enough very eager to help you because they've been in your shoes before and know what you're dealing with.

Other than that there isn't really anything pleasant about the company.

Communication between locations is poor at best, if you work on a contract for a company that supports a wide variety of products expect to have people misrouted to you and need to transfer them. Sometimes this goes easily, sometimes you end up having to argue with someone on the other side of the planet who will tell you they cannot help you because they don't want to do their job properly.

If you have aspirations of making it to Team Manager or any other positions it basically relies on whether or not they like you, vs if you can actually do your job. A few agents will get groomed for the position and given a supervisor role, even if they are otherwise incompetent(I've had one who couldn't answer a basic question about the product we were supporting, I was sure I knew the answer but wanted confirmation, he told me I should look it up on my own, and it was a part of my job to know it.) Unless you're a part of this group you will have no chance of being promoted. There are people at the location I worked at who have been phone agents for 5+ years.

Part of being moved between contracts was taking a pay cut as I went from tech support level 2 to customer service. The people who elected not to go when we were told this was going to happen were fired.

You'll be told that they're doing everything they can to accommodate you but as anyone who has worked there before will tell you it's a joke. You'll end up getting screwed over one way or another and lied to by management.

Another facet of working there is shift bid.
Your placement is primarily based off of seniority. I've done a shiftbid where I had higher customer service ratings than quite a few agents(around 80%) and should have been near the top of the list, but because seniority weighs so heavily on these shiftbids anyone who had been there over a year had an unfair advantage, regardless of their numbers being around (50-60%).
Due to the nature of the job you will be required to worked any day of the year, holiday or not, depending on the contract it could be at any time of day(some go 24 hours).

There are usually only a few shifts with weekends off so the vast majority end up with you having days such as Wednesday-Thursday off.

That's really all I have to say about Stream.

If you have no other opportunities it's an okay place, but don't stay for more than you have to. After 3 months you receive a performance evaluation where you will be given a 75 cent raise. This is the only raise you will ever receive as a phone agent, unless you have a change of position and are promoted to a higher position.

The only thing I came away from it with were some skills for dealing with people and that's about it.
Pros
sit in a desk all day
Cons
sit in a desk all day, erratic hours, unreliable management aside from tms, poor wages for the emotional toll of the work being done
Not flexible, solid weekly hours, typical call center job
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova ScotiaAugust 20, 2013
Call center jobs mean dealing with some irate customers, keep this in mind. Call center roles are not for everyone.

Management was friendly and helpful, if not a little black and white with policy.

Decent environment, other then policy not allowing books / paper on the work floor or any sort of electronic.

Customer's could become very angry or hurtful, but management is always willing to help in needed.
Pros
solid hours, room for advancement, desk job
Cons
little to no flexability, no work / life balance

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location