Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 February 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
One of the worst place to work at
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2013
Stream Global Services is like a prison, no human feelings inside of this Company, just a perment sentiment of panic and stress among people working there. A very bad management, every day rules are changing, creating chaos, confusion and making the goal of meeting the expectation of the company almost imposible to be reached...Poor salary,etc...
Cons
Stress, pressure
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS15 January 2015
great place to work, great people, was sad to leave there, I recommend to work there. good benefits after 90 days, continuous training. flexible hours, will work with you to make sure its a scheduled that fits you. and room for advancement if you want to move up in company
What I learned
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS22 April 2016
What I learned at Stream was alot , from the different contracts that we worked on. I have learned alot of communication skills, computer skills, team building efforts
Great place to work.
CSR/Supervisor/1Up (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2016
A great call center to work at. I really love that it is a inbound call center. Great lunch/break area. Shift bid system is interesting. Customer service, technical support and billing.
Very productive focused company, multinational with various job oportunities
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Salvador4 January 2013
I´ve learned a great deal of thing from working with them from customer service to Technical support skill and managing experience as well
Pros
job security
Cons
salary/compensations, organizational arrangements
Stressful work enviroment
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC4 December 2012
Very stressful work environment for someone who doesn't enjoy people yelling at you all day long. Hard to get time off for family events, point system is horrible.
benefits
Cons
long hours, low wage, yelling people, 8 points your out
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 January 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU ARE INBETWEEN JOBS AND NEED SOMETHING FAST.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2012
LONG TERM IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO OFFER AND NOT A PLACE TO GROW FINANCIALLY
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
low pay, and you pay into the benefits program it isn't a perk
A Job with my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS8 March 2016
I have customer service experience. I have a grade 12 education. I am a people person & I enjoy working in a group with other people/Co-workers. I like a job where I am busy.
Great People to work with
Work Management (Former Employee) –  London Ont.25 August 2014
In the 11 years I worked foe Stream I have held many different positions. The last position i had was with inter-day. That is dealing with scheduling. The managers I worked with were all good people and they were all kept well informed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Do not keep up on cost of living
Productive Environment. Good Team Members
Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 February 2014
Stream was a good place to work. Good pay and good benefits.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Rude Management
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 August 2015
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
Pros
relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons
Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 November 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
Enjoyed working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Stream. They helped me alot when I became ill.
But they has no tolerance for people that are ill or grieving
Pros
People are fabulous
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS12 May 2014
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Pros
Flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons
More calls, and littel bit pressure
don't walk, run away!
support/sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, Ontario12 May 2012
Well, it is an absolutely awful place to work. They advertise "competitive pay"=Lie. They advertise "lots of chance to move up"= Lie. "great environment"=LIE. While I worked there, I lived about 50 minutes outside of town, one night I came in, went to my "supervisor" and told him about the large snowstorm we were supposed to get (my shift was 6pm-3am...not sure how that worked), and said "If it gets heavy, Im leaving before the roads get absolutely ugly" Well the storm slammed into the area(it lasted for 36 hours), I went up and said "Im leaving"...he told me that I couldn't, and would not let me leave(literally blocking the door). I was being held there against my will, so I threatened to call the police, and he threatened my job if I did that. Secondly, they tell you in training that your first shift selection quality is based on your average test score...well mine ended up being 3rd highest in my training group, #1 took Thursday--Monday 10-6pm, #2 took tuesday-sat-12-8 30pm, Then I chose Mon-Friday 10-6pm...and wound up getting stuck on a crazy graveyard shift.

Supervisors there are only in those positions because they literally tripped and fell right into them because of who they "know" and drink with, then they think they can intimidate people and try to bully people because they are in a position of authority. The only time someone ever gets promoted, is if someone else leaves. Raises don't exist, equality doesn't exist. Upper management is a complete joke, no idea how to treat employees. The pay is terrible, they claim to pay you commission on things you sell, but you
  more... never see it. All in all, it is quite possibly the worst place on the planet to work.  less
Pros
need a pay check
Cons
they fire the great people and keep the awful ones
call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Fun, Outgoing Workplace. Great workers and team players.
Customer Service Representative, Saves Department (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS3 October 2013
Work was easy for the most part. Everyday you would buzz yourself in go up to your floor by elevator and sign yourself into your computer. As soon as you did so you were on call. Some calls were rough and tough to take care of but others were easy going. The work with computers was easy to do once i was taught by my wonderful team managers, it wouldn't have been as easy without them. You got 3 breaks a day including your half hour lunch. There were alot of opportunities to make money including your 'saves' pay. I was in the cancellation department and the more people i saved the better the pay and more benefits. When you sold items for the company you had the chance to win prizes. Such as; an hour of VTO (voluntary time off), bars, shirts etc. The pay was pretty good i made 10.50 an hour then plus your saves pay at the end of the month. Working 5 days a week 9 hours a day every 2 weeks i would bring in around 7-800 and at the end of every month your saves could rack you up to a 1200 pay. Overall working for the company was pretty good all the workers, team managers and managers were very flexible and easy to get along with, they made the day go by faster and the job easier to do. The only thing that i found was to difficult to handle (reason why i quit) the customers who called that were nasty and mean ,sometimes it was just too much to handle. But like I said the job for the most part was great.
Pros
Amazing people to work around
Cons
Bad calls from mean, nasty customers
wouldn't work for them again
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC3 April 2014
the company is most of the time always in small cities so they can get the people for a low salary

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location