Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2015
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.
A great place to work, friendly work environment
desktop computer support tekniton (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2015
Working for Stream was very rewarding for me. I learned many things (ex). communication skills, problem solving,and I inproved my customer service skills working at Stream International inc.was fun and exciting fastpaced a friendly enviroment to work in.over all a great place to work.
Pros
It was a fun place to work
Cons
Power line magneitic radiation out side
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process Specialist5 March 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
Worked with great people
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2015
Full time hours but different hours everyday (8-6 one day 10-8 the next). Some shifts are 10 hours some are 6, it would be much easier if they gave you consistent 8 hours that were the same week to week. With the amount of staff they have this would be easily done but for some reason they like to have it change constantly.
Pros
Sometimes theres BBQ's
Cons
Get yelled at a lot by customers for stuff you have no control over
fun call center
Bilingual Technical support analyst (Former Employee) –  london24 April 2015
 Answer incoming customer calls in an effective and efficient manner
 Diagnose and fix various computer issues following company policies and procedures.
 Meet company Stat guidelines
 Redirect customer when necessary
 Escalate complaints when necessary following guidelines
 Provide customers with an exceptional customer service experience
 Complete assignments to help managers when requested
I enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to gain in exprience in different roles within this company.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 April 2015
A typical day as an agent involved a number of phone calls ranging from 8 to over 100 per day. As I worked on a technical contract and a financial contract there were many differences between them. I most enjoyed my last position as a Quality Reviewer. This position gave me an insight to the corporate world. My management team was usually able to assist me in achieving goals and setting the bar higher every time to help push myself. I strived to be the best in every opportunity the company provided me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Stream
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 January 2015
o Managing the French department of the call center.
o Supervising the activities and motivation of 30 employees.
o Training and coaching.
o Weekly performance reviews.
o Quality checks and monitoring calls.
o Payroll and database entry.
o Employee evaluations.
o Customer support, answering and resolving complaints.
o Light supervision of other departments.
o Frequent training and refreshing of skills and techniques.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Chaos
Professional friendly environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 July 2014
Management, supervisors and co-workers were always willing to give information, advise, and moral support. It helped strengthen my commitment to the company, the client, and the customer.
I enjoy talking with customers, calming customers, and working on a PC. I have always enjoyed research and applied that skill to seeking the absolute right answers for customers.

It is hard when a customer is agitated and chooses to insult the person whom is committed to helping them. But I understand and find it a challenge to reach through the emotions and find a professional and satisfactory output.
Pros
mandatory breaks
Cons
glitches in software and it slows your service down
was fun talk to all kinds of people across North America
Call centre agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 July 2014
I would come in log into my computer and my phone get my book out with all my information in it for red box the started taking calls and make sure the customer is satisfied

I enjoyed my manager he was very hands on and helpful

The hardest part of my job was dealing with very upset customers

I enjoyed talking to customers from all over North America and some of the had such strong accents
Pros
there were computers we could use in the lunch room
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2014
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Pros
Good pay, Nice facility, Nice break rooms
Cons
Bad management, Hard to get time off, Very boring work, Very isolating work, Depressing
Friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2014
it is a fast paced call centre environment focusing on top notch customer service. Averaging 35+ calls per day. Management is helpful and knowledgeable to assist when required. Co workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is maintaining composure and professionalism when dealing with an irate customer who chooses not to keep the same professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job would be knowing you have helped your caller with their concern and they are happy with the end result.
Pros
steady pace
Cons
no face to face interactions
EVERYONE SEEMED TO LIKE IT EVEN ON A BAD DAY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 June 2014
GOOD CALLS BAD CALLS ITS JUST A CALL YOUD GET OVER IT
I LEARNED NEVER TO TAKE THINGS PERSONAL
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE
COWORKS EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS BUSY BUT WHEN THERE WAS A BREAK IT WAS ALWAYS NICE TO CHAT WITH A NEW PERSON
TRYING NOT TO TAKE A ANGRY CALL PERSONAL
THE BEST PART WAS JUST KNOWING YOU HELPED SOMEBODY AND MADE THERE DAY BETTER MIGHT NOT BE ALL OF THE CALLS BUT THE ONES THAT CARE ARE ALWAYS NICE
Pros
GOOD MONEY
Cons
WEIRD HOURS
Typical day
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 April 2014
For the most part, working at Stream was great. The people you work with are amazing and ready to help you if you're having problems on a call and the managers assist you the best they can when it's something that a front line agent is not able to.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are ready for a fight no matter what the answer is or not being able to answer the question they have because you haven't received training for that particular thing yet. All in all I enjoyed helping my customers with their issues.
Average Call Center
CSR / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS30 January 2014
Stream as an over-all company is very well organized, but internal politics on individual contracts make it difficult for the average CSA to get ahead. Changing rules, policies, and procedures keep management an effective and integral part of the organization. That said, there is a lack of communication between management and employee. This hurdle makes the company difficult to work for as changes in the organization and policies are not effectively communicated.
Pros
Benefits Are Great
Cons
Inter-Office Communication
Fun place to start
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 March 2014
Stream is a great place to start and gain experience in telecommunications, tech support and customer service. They are not however a great place if you are looking for quick advancement. There are many people on the list for promotions that have been there much longer than you will have, when those positions come up, while made available to the whole building, are filled by the most seasoned. If you are looking for a place to meet nice people and be able to talk between calls and great managers who will get to know you and be friends as well as coworkers this is the place.
Pros
swag
Cons
call volume
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS18 February 2014
As for me, I'm usually ready for work 20 minutes before my shift. I'll read all my work-related emails, then when it's time to start my shift, I put the head-set on and start receiving calls. It's not all talking and we get regular breaks or so. Sometimes, you have to handle calls one after another but normally, while you wait for calls to come through, you can talk to your work buddies too. The most enjoyable part is to relate to people and help them out of their problems.
Grey and disconnected
Case Management, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 March 2014
It was unfortunate that they wanted so desperately for people to be disconnected from the workers around them so they would put them in these cubicles and give them coloring sheets like small children. The job itself was fine, the attitude within the building however was bleak and would give me a sense of doom the minute I walked in the door.
Pros
Managers were usually easy to talk to
Cons
No natural light came inside the building for 8 hours/day.
busy workplace with lots of hours available
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 February 2013
-answer calls and provide technical support for internet and software related issues
-i learned how to troubleshoot and fix most common issues
-management was great but tended to lack professionalism
- coworkers were mostly friendly and helpful
-hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that had trouble understanding the steps needed to take to fix issues
-most enjoyable was the hours
Pros
schedule availability
Cons
not being able to be more hands on with the customer's computer
One of the better call centres
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2013
Solve technical problems while being held to high, nearly impossible to reach goals. Stream will hire anyone who can Google search the mayor of Toronto, so co-workers can be almost any Joe off the street.
The hardest part of the job is working up the will to go to work, and saying no to voluntary time off. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving a pay cheque, and reaching the end of your shift.
Pros
No physical work involved.
Cons
Customer expectations are way to high. Same with management.
Customer Satisfaction Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, Nova Scotia28 June 2012
I was responsible for resolving issues of customers via telephone. People would call in with a problem & it was my job to identify the problem & find a solution to retain the customer's business. I learned a lot about patience & interpersonal communication which has benefited me in all aspects of my life. The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't come to a positive conclusion & the customer was lost. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of accomplishment when you know you went over & above for a customer.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no room for advancement

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location