Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 April 2016
Agents willing to lend a helping hand. Manager interaction is pretty good and helpful. Will work with you to come up with ways to improve yourself.
Pros
Cafeteria On Site
Cons
Evening Hours
Great place to work.
CSR/Supervisor/1Up (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2016
A great call center to work at. I really love that it is a inbound call center. Great lunch/break area. Shift bid system is interesting. Customer service, technical support and billing.
very demanding but productive
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS8 April 2016
everyday was pretty much the same.. learned a lot about computers.. as well as billing and ordering equipment through the company.. management were only doing there jobs but expected a lot from there workers and made it very stressful at times. all of my coworkers were great always got along with everyone. hardest part was they were not very family oriented.. such as I had to cancel a lot of appointments because couldn't get the time off. they had great benefits almost full coverage...
Pros
great benefits and great people to work with
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 March 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time or early if possible , answering the phone and helping customers with any issues. I learned a lot , dealing with irate customers in a Successful manor , using more then one program on the computer at the same time, Management is great they always do their best to help you in any way they can , they will work with you to the best of their ability. Co-Workers are amazing they are very friendly and will help you with anything they can. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers screaming at you however you just have to remain clam and continue to do the best you can for them. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their issues.
Pros
helping customers and meeting new people
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 March 2016
I learned lots working here about products I knew barely a thing about before working there. Staff were helpful and friendly
Cafteria was good with flexible hours
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
long shifts
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process Specialist5 March 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 February 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyed working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Stream. They helped me alot when I became ill.
But they has no tolerance for people that are ill or grieving
Pros
People are fabulous
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Productive Work Inviroment
TECHNICAL SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 November 2015
Overall ok place to work, stressful at times but gives me the tools I need to work with customers, Find out what they need and equip them with the right product.
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 October 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 October 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.
Okay
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS6 September 2015
Solid employment for area.

Could provide better compensation

Provided flexible scheduling while attending post secondary school.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 August 2015
Stream is a call centre, where you more or less have to learn on your own, despite the training that was provided. There wasn't much support
Pros
Had a cafeteria
Cons
Not enough Team Leaders
Productive and Friendly
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 August 2015
I enjoyed working as a Red Box Customer Service Agent while with Stream Global Services. Pay was great, staff of friendly and the job was simple and rewarding.
Pros
Incentives, Advancment, Understanding Managment
Cons
Unreliable Hours.
Call Center
Technical Support Professional II- Senior (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 August 2015
Stream Global Services employs many great people. The chances for advancement are there but can be difficult to access. The company is Global so there is the opportunity to transfer to other locations.
Pros
loads of free parking
Cons
was sold to Convergys
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 August 2015
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
Pros
relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons
Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
A great place to work, friendly work environment
desktop computer support tekniton (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2015
Working for Stream was very rewarding for me. I learned many things (ex). communication skills, problem solving,and I inproved my customer service skills working at Stream International inc.was fun and exciting fastpaced a friendly enviroment to work in.over all a great place to work.
Pros
It was a fun place to work
Cons
Power line magneitic radiation out side
Loved working here shouldnt of quit!
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 June 2015
Great work environment loved the job great place
learned a lot of interesting thing
loved meeting new people
hardest part is getting the first weeks down then everything gets a lot easier should of had more train on careforce
Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2015
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval