Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Had a cafeteria
Cons: Not enough Team Leaders
Stream is a call centre, where you more or less have to learn on your own, despite the training that was provided. There wasn't much support
Productive and Friendly
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Incentives, Advancment, Understanding Managment
Cons: Unreliable Hours.
I enjoyed working as a Red Box Customer Service Agent while with Stream Global Services. Pay was great, staff of friendly and the job was simple and rewarding.
Call Center
Technical Support Professional II- Senior (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCAugust 22, 2015
Pros: loads of free parking
Cons: was sold to Convergys
Stream Global Services employs many great people. The chances for advancement are there but can be difficult to access. The company is Global so there is the opportunity to transfer to other locations.
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons: Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
A great place to work, friendly work environment
desktop computer support tekniton (Former Employee), London, ONJune 26, 2015
Pros: It was a fun place to work
Cons: Power line magneitic radiation out side
Working for Stream was very rewarding for me. I learned many things (ex). communication skills, problem solving,and I inproved my customer service skills working at Stream International inc.was fun and exciting fastpaced a friendly enviroment to work in.over all a great place to work.
Loved working here shouldnt of quit!
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 25, 2015
Great work environment loved the job great place
learned a lot of interesting thing
loved meeting new people
hardest part is getting the first weeks down then everything gets a lot easier should of had more train on careforce
Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2015
Pros: Discount on product.
Cons: Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Horrible management
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: EVERYTHING
EVERYTHING, management was horrible.
TMS were not helpful at all.
Training was not helpful, no one cared about how you felt about job.
EX. If you needed more training etc.
Worked with great people
Business Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Sometimes theres BBQ's
Cons: Get yelled at a lot by customers for stuff you have no control over
Full time hours but different hours everyday (8-6 one day 10-8 the next). Some shifts are 10 hours some are 6, it would be much easier if they gave you consistent 8 hours that were the same week to week. With the amount of staff they have this would be easily done but for some reason they like to have it change constantly.
Bland Workspace
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 2, 2015
Pros: nice break room
Cons: long hours into the night, old/ problematic computer database
Very dry work environment, 100 percent turnover rate. trainers let you know you probably wont make it. Training for customer service took 6 weeks, of 10 to 2am hours. shift choices are based on performance, not fair.
fun call center
Bilingual Technical support analyst (Former Employee), londonApril 24, 2015
 Answer incoming customer calls in an effective and efficient manner
 Diagnose and fix various computer issues following company policies and procedures.
 Meet company Stat guidelines
 Redirect customer when necessary
 Escalate complaints when necessary following guidelines
 Provide customers with an exceptional customer service experience
 Complete assignments to help managers when requested
Good With the Bad
Technical Support (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 23, 2015
Had hard calls but the work environment made the bad calls not so bad, Always had help when needed, awesome co-workers.
At the time i worked on the Dell tech support for companies, i can't say anything about the other accounts that were/are at Stream.
slave drivers
Call Representative (Former Employee), glace Bay, NSApril 18, 2015
The work load is far too great for people to properly handle, poor, unhelpful management, and no support or negotiating
Work
Executive Case Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Long hours and extremely stressfull
very long hours, and extremely large workloads. enjoyed the environment because of co-workers. The pay was not bad, but as the more work I did it did not seem to justify itself.
Ever Changing Work Environment
Executive Case Manger (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 13, 2015
there is always something new to learn and a situation to overcome. it is fast paced yet slow. they provide a wide range of hours. There seems to be a disconnect between employees and management but were working to resolve this. Your co-workers make the job.
I enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to gain in exprience in different roles within this company.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
A typical day as an agent involved a number of phone calls ranging from 8 to over 100 per day. As I worked on a technical contract and a financial contract there were many differences between them. I most enjoyed my last position as a Quality Reviewer. This position gave me an insight to the corporate world. My management team was usually able to assist me in achieving goals and setting the bar higher every time to help push myself. I strived to be the best in every opportunity the company provided me.
Cashier, food stocker
Tech Support Rep for Dell products (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 7, 2015
I got hired as a cashier. I did that about a year. Then I took a different position stocking shelves on backshift. I learned how to do my own orders.
Generic Call Center
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Stream felt like most call centers, very warm welcome environment where you can find at least one person to become your lifelong best friend due to the sheer versatility of the people. That said, it is not a fulfilling job, and for that reason, I'm looking for employment elsewhere.
no chance of advancement
CSR (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMarch 17, 2015
Pros: decent food in the cafeteria
Cons: mandatory overtime
after working hard, no recognition, everything is negative. at times I felt bad for the managers because they were being handed the negativity from upper management to force it on the people who answer phones.
productive
Customer Service I (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSMarch 9, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: short breaks
this place has very friendly co-workers and managers as well. quiet environment and various shifts for those that need daytime or night time shifts
Headquarters