Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Stream/Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS14 June 2016
I would definitely recommend Stream/Convergys to anyone that needs employment and is able/willing to sit in front of a computer, and answer incoming calls. They have all kinds of different contracts you can be a part of, and each one has it's own teams with a team manager that is there to help with anything, including somewhat personal matters. The staff cares a lot about their employees, though like ANYWHERE there are always a couple bad apples, so to say. You may not have your cellphone on the floor with u as it is grounds for immediate dismissal, along with call avoidance(hanging up/long calls on purpose). I am not really allowed to say any more, though it was one of the best places I had worked at, and hope to return again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Thouroughly caring and understanding staff
Cons
Stressfull most of the time, there are goals to meet, and cranky customers to deal with
Working in a fast paced environment to provide an exceptional customer experience.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS29 May 2016
A typical workday consisted in taking inbound calls from clients , Working with other professionals in a team environment as well as performing multiple tasks on an individual level.
It was a call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 May 2016
It was pretty good actually, the managers and coworkers were friendly, the hours were fair and they you got help if you needed it but at the same time call centers are not for everyone and that people should be wary about that.
What I learned
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS22 April 2016
What I learned at Stream was alot , from the different contracts that we worked on. I have learned alot of communication skills, computer skills, team building efforts
Great place to work.
CSR/Supervisor/1Up (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2016
A great call center to work at. I really love that it is a inbound call center. Great lunch/break area. Shift bid system is interesting. Customer service, technical support and billing.
very demanding but productive
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS8 April 2016
everyday was pretty much the same.. learned a lot about computers.. as well as billing and ordering equipment through the company.. management were only doing there jobs but expected a lot from there workers and made it very stressful at times. all of my coworkers were great always got along with everyone. hardest part was they were not very family oriented.. such as I had to cancel a lot of appointments because couldn't get the time off. they had great benefits almost full coverage...
Pros
great benefits and great people to work with
horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS1 April 2016
they treat everyone as robots and the pay is not nearly what it should be for that work environment. They act as if its not possible for people to get sick, you are required doctors notes for each absence, you only get 10 minutes of personal time a day in 8 hour shifts.
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 March 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time or early if possible , answering the phone and helping customers with any issues. I learned a lot , dealing with irate customers in a Successful manor , using more then one program on the computer at the same time, Management is great they always do their best to help you in any way they can , they will work with you to the best of their ability. Co-Workers are amazing they are very friendly and will help you with anything they can. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers screaming at you however you just have to remain clam and continue to do the best you can for them. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their issues.
Pros
helping customers and meeting new people
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 March 2016
I learned lots working here about products I knew barely a thing about before working there. Staff were helpful and friendly
Cafteria was good with flexible hours
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
long shifts
A Job with my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS8 March 2016
I have customer service experience. I have a grade 12 education. I am a people person & I enjoy working in a group with other people/Co-workers. I like a job where I am busy.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process Specialist5 March 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS16 February 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyed working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON7 February 2016
I enjoyed working for Stream. They helped me alot when I became ill.
But they has no tolerance for people that are ill or grieving
Pros
People are fabulous
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 January 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
Good to start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 November 2015
When I started here the job and money were good but the company just kept upping what was required of the employee with no monetary compensation. They ask a lot of all there employees including the floor management and do not provide the tools or staffing necessary to accomplish what they want.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
poor working conditions
Productive Work Inviroment
TECHNICAL SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 November 2015
Overall ok place to work, stressful at times but gives me the tools I need to work with customers, Find out what they need and equip them with the right product.
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 November 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS26 October 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 October 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location