Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

great place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 November 2016
All over all a great place to work. Health Benefit Plan was great as well. Long hours, customer service was great, and the customers were wonderful to help with their issues.
Pros
free dinners
Can't Complain
Technical Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 November 2016
Having previous experience in technology the job was at most times extremely easy for myself. The calls could range from 2 minutes to over 2 hours. Majority of my coworkers were great (all workplaces have the odd one who hates everyone). Management worked to make sure that they could get you into a shift that you were able to work and provided additional help for anyone who were to seek it out.
Terrible work environment, long hrs-that place sucks your soul
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2016
Miss few ppl but thats bout it

Terrible work environment, long hrs-that place sucks your soul

Finally getting out of that heck hole!!!
Excellent place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 October 2016
It is a contact centre with multiple lines of business. You log in and either take or make calls all day.

The environment was fun and supportive. There was lots of opportunity to advance but you basically stopped at team leader.

Excellent short term job opportunity if you're a student or living on your own for the first time. Good jumping off point to learn more about the workforce and be successful.
Secure Employment with Education Perks
Sales, Editorial,Tech Support,Training,Quality (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC5 October 2016
At this call centre employees are required to meet a predetermined number of metrics and are then measured against other employees. Top Performing employees are recognized and rewarded. After 1 year of service employees are eligible to apply to StreamU,, the companies internal education system where employees can obtain IT Certification, SixSigma, management and communications training. A great option considering the potential cost of these programs if one were to obtain them on their own. The hardest part of the job was the repetitive nature of customer calls. My technical abilities were advanced greatly during my time with this company.
Pros
StreamU, benefits package
Cons
Boring and repetitive if you were taking calls all day
Typical Telecommunications / Call Centre
Customer Care/Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 September 2016
Is a large Call Center in a small town and provides a large portion of the community with work opportunities. Was what you would expect from a call center. Was pleasant enough depending on the contract you worked under, as there were multiple contracts for different companies all under one roof.
Fruit Ball and Basketball court
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2016
Stream company was third party company for rogers. It was fun working. Used to have lot fun activities and Official Parties. Working atmosphere was really good and manager used to arrange party every month for their respective teams
Literally the worst
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 August 2016
Literally the worst place I have ever worked at. They make you feel like you have a chance to succeed and move up in the work place, then never back that up no matter the effort that is put in. Essentially, if you're a friend of someone high up, then you've got a chance.

They also treat their employees like garbage, their focus is never on the customer (which is the worst), and there is nothing you can do without getting written up. And I never got written up yet I knew it was the worst.

It seems tempting, but avoid at all costs
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Makes you regret life
Technical Support
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 August 2016
Stream is a well known inbound call center that handles technical support for a variety of clients such as Dell, Rogers, HP.

The training is very informative and includes all the tools to do the tasks that are presented on a daily basis. An individual with little to no call center experience would be able to work for this company as their training is very complete. All aspects of the job are covered in detail by the training facilitators.
Pros
Complete customer service and contract based training
Cons
Client Contracts change often
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseiller technique (Former Employee) –  Tunis28 August 2016
Transport assuré
Ticket restaurant
Parc de nuit
Régime horaire plein temps uniquement
Tech support
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 August 2016
A day consisted of taking computer/printer related phone calls. Customers were usually irate and had the propensity to be rude/racist. Management did little to discourage these kinds of calls and you were expected to "own the call" and deal with the verbal abuse on your own. There were some good things about working here and those include having a functioning and supportive environment amongst coworkers, and on occasion the management would have "fun days" where employees could win prizes and such.
Pros
Fun coworker atmosphere
Cons
Unreliable managment
Interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 August 2016
I can not say I hate my jobs as I learned many new skills
I took the job as a dare Here I am 15 years later. Now looking for a change or a challenge of some sort
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
shift bids
The people are great! They try hard to help everybody suceed
Technical Support I/II & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 August 2016
It is a call center, which as a position can be a challenge.
Customers want one thing and the contract wants another and between you and you team leaders you are constantly trying to please everybody.

If you like a challenge and a great super friendly people to work with this is the place for you. They have good benefits and are a very stable work place.
Pros
company BBQ/party days, lots of swag from various contracts, lots of co mpany participation days (like dressing up and such)
Cons
To compete on a global market the wage can be less/equal to median wage for that posting, however benefits help offset
Microsoft great! Stream was a hard place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 August 2016
Stream as a company was good to me.

Management was good.

Hardest part helping customers that were unwilling to accept help

Most enjoyable was helping customers get immediate results from search engine optimization.

Some of my co-workers were toxic individuals that created an unhealthy work environment
Pros
Personal/Family days
Cons
no cons
Soul crushing if on the wrong contract, with a revolving door of applicants.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 August 2016
They pay on time, and promptly...I've worked a couple of contracts at Stream and while I met some great people, it overall felt like you were expendable. They get so many applicants and people fresh to the job market that the turnover is incredibly high.

Contracts focused on making your metrics (basically a bunch of stats like call time, hold time, etc etc) instead of helping people. Though admittedly the great agents could find the right balance, it led to lots of problem and call punting.

The management also uses the metrics to place you on your shifts...until they notice you're actually good at your job and try to force you on to a shift with a bunch of other people who are happy to do as little work as possible.

While there are good managers, the majority know little about the product you're supporting as they're constantly moving from contract to contract.

They sometimes have incentives for completing your job well and meeting your metrics, though the payout is months after, if you're lucky. I actually got my last bonus 3 months after I'd quit my position.
Cons
NO regard for employees.
Lots to learn.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 August 2016
There are many types of data bases to be learned throughout the workplace.
I found it impossible to work with the antics of the unprofessional and immature management on the floor.
Pros
Working in Team Environment.
Cons
Management is immature and unprofessional.
Great teamwork enviornment. Advancement possible
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 July 2016
I enjoyed my time at Stream, Great attitudes. I learned all about modems and how to problem solve in a timely manner. Co workers were all great. They had a great cafeteria that made great hot food. Typical day was dealing with customers malfunctioning modems. It felt satisfying getting people back online in many times minutes specifically when they were places of employment.
Productive and great Workplace
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 July 2016
• Helping customers solve a wide variety of billing problems and filling orders for products and offering suggestions that provide a more complete solution to their needs—some routine and straightforward, some complex and challenging
• Performed credit checks on customers for new activation
• Offer advice to customers and help sell new products
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
excellent workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  philippines18 July 2016
excellent workplace
people are fun to work with
company is very generous
employers are very supportive
place is very safe
security is good
Frustrated Customer Support
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 July 2016
Have Americans yell at you over the phone over 1$ plus tax & can say very rude things to you. All the company cares that your calls fix the problem & are completed in an unreasonable amount of time.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No sense of care from company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stream Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval