Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Working in a fast paced environment to provide an exceptional customer experience.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 29, 2016
A typical workday consisted in taking inbound calls from clients , Working with other professionals in a team environment as well as performing multiple tasks on an individual level.
excellent workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  philippinesJuly 18, 2016
excellent workplace
people are fun to work with
company is very generous
employers are very supportive
place is very safe
security is good
Okay
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSSeptember 6, 2015
Solid employment for area.

Could provide better compensation

Provided flexible scheduling while attending post secondary school.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
It was a call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 16, 2016
It was pretty good actually, the managers and coworkers were friendly, the hours were fair and they you got help if you needed it but at the same time call centers are not for everyone and that people should be wary about that.
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 28, 2014
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Pros
reliable income, benefits and rrsp matching
Cons
not a long term career or job choice.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 17, 2016
I learned lots working here about products I knew barely a thing about before working there. Staff were helpful and friendly
Cafteria was good with flexible hours
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
long shifts
Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 16, 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 1, 2016
they treat everyone as robots and the pay is not nearly what it should be for that work environment. They act as if its not possible for people to get sick, you are required doctors notes for each absence, you only get 10 minutes of personal time a day in 8 hour shifts.
A good, rewarding job for the area.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 11, 2013
While a little on the low-side wage-wise for technical support positions, Stream was a fun and fulfilling place to work. The Team Leaders and management were friendly and helpful and the environment was good. A decent benefits package combined with an above-average wage for the location meant it felt like a worthwhile place to work.

My only complaint is that other technical support positions in the Vancouver area pay nearly $4/hour more than I was making on the contract I was working.
Pros
decent wage and benefits, fun and friendly environment.
Cons
training lacking, low-pay grade compared to similar jobs in vancouver
Average Call Center
CSR / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJanuary 30, 2014
Stream as an over-all company is very well organized, but internal politics on individual contracts make it difficult for the average CSA to get ahead. Changing rules, policies, and procedures keep management an effective and integral part of the organization. That said, there is a lack of communication between management and employee. This hurdle makes the company difficult to work for as changes in the organization and policies are not effectively communicated.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
inter-office communication
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
company closed
A good place to work if you are physically disabled, live at home with your parents, or partner with a true bread-winning spouse.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Management is rather poor in my opinion, and this company is incredibly cheap. They do not even attempt to keep the best employees, nor appropriately reward them.

They also, do indeed, salary cap you.

I've worked there 9.5 yrs. I make only 13.19/hr.

The hardest part of the job is when you first get on the phones. You have to get used to pretending to understand more than you actually do, despite 'training'.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to interesting strangers on the phone, and meeting some good and interesting people while you are there.

I did learn to deal with all different kinds of people on the phone anyways.. and other people skills that also inevitably are acquired just by living life not as a complete hermit. But as far as really useful skills and knowledge it seems like I have acquired very little even after all these years there, sadly.
Pros
easy to get hired. job security. it is hard to get fired.
Cons
no union (currently), insufficient compensation, chances are you will need outside 'support' from friends and family, unless you live like a monk
Great place to work.
CSR/Supervisor/1Up (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
A great call center to work at. I really love that it is a inbound call center. Great lunch/break area. Shift bid system is interesting. Customer service, technical support and billing.
What I learned
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 22, 2016
What I learned at Stream was alot , from the different contracts that we worked on. I have learned alot of communication skills, computer skills, team building efforts
A Typical Day In The Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 26, 2013
A typical day at work is taking numerous inbound calls from customers using a headset and sitting at a desk for 7 or more hours out of the day staring at a computer screen while typing customer issue and resolution notes. The two coffee breaks and the hour lunch is a great way to take a deep breath and a break away from the phones and take time to yourself. What I learn in a day is how to deflect any customers and how to give customers the pickle. There is always a solution. I learn new product information that assists me in getting my job done in a positive way.
Management is always there for me for any questions I might have pertaining to getting the job done. Co-workers are like family and I tend to get along with everyone and like people to know who I am. I find it extremely sad when a co-worker leaves. The hardest part of the job is that you cannot always please everyone. Also the long hours if there is mandatory overtime in effect can be hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
After all, customers come first and a lot of times customers can put a smile on your face and really make your day.
Pros
gained skills that i can use anywhere
Cons
low salary and mandatory overtime
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
Over worked, stressful, not worth it.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London OntarioJanuary 28, 2013
Wasted 5 years at the place. Compensation was poor, stress level's at the end we're off the chart. When I first started there it was a completely different atmosphere. It was fun, exciting, and got to learn a lot. Too bad the place has changed so much. Middle managment look stressed, you can see it in their eyes.
Pros
i lived right next door so no gas or car needed
Cons
stressful, if you don't hit your target you get written up and let go of. no job security.
A Job with my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 8, 2016
I have customer service experience. I have a grade 12 education. I am a people person & I enjoy working in a group with other people/Co-workers. I like a job where I am busy.
Seemingly good place to work, unless you spend longer than 1 year there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 8, 2014
On the surface, it seems like a good place to work. But that is only for the short term.
Raises past this point, and potential for advancement are as sparse as an oasis in the desert.
They continually revise policy to ensure they are breaking the spirits of the maximum number of employees.
Pros
shelter from the elements...mostly
Cons
you are treated as a number, not a person.
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJanuary 15, 2015
great place to work, great people, was sad to leave there, I recommend to work there. good benefits after 90 days, continuous training. flexible hours, will work with you to make sure its a scheduled that fits you. and room for advancement if you want to move up in company

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location