Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMay 28, 2014
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Pros
reliable income, benefits and rrsp matching
Cons
not a long term career or job choice.
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 12, 2014
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Pros
flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons
more calls, and littel bit pressure
Ok work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2014
At first I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed having quotas and things to do. After a little bit the job became very demanding, with little reward for a job well done. There was a very high turn over rate.
Pros
speaking with customers
Cons
high expectations from company that were almost impossible to meet.
N/A
making sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 30, 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.
Typical day
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 24, 2014
For the most part, working at Stream was great. The people you work with are amazing and ready to help you if you're having problems on a call and the managers assist you the best they can when it's something that a front line agent is not able to.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are ready for a fight no matter what the answer is or not being able to answer the question they have because you haven't received training for that particular thing yet. All in all I enjoyed helping my customers with their issues.
wouldn't work for them again
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCApril 3, 2014
the company is most of the time always in small cities so they can get the people for a low salary
big building filled with people giving customer service over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  chilliwack bcApril 3, 2014
busy , always had lots of hours! Never a problem with scheduling and were always consistant week to week! booking time off was easy!
Pros
hours, and ability to book time off
Cons
stressful dealing with the odd angry customer
Grey and disconnected
Case Management, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 19, 2014
It was unfortunate that they wanted so desperately for people to be disconnected from the workers around them so they would put them in these cubicles and give them coloring sheets like small children. The job itself was fine, the attitude within the building however was bleak and would give me a sense of doom the minute I walked in the door.
Pros
managers were usually easy to talk to
Cons
no natural light came inside the building for 8 hours/day.
Fun Talking To People Across North America
Tech Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 17, 2014
It was fun talking to the many different people and helping them fix their issues
Pros
talking to many different people
Cons
some people took their frusterations out on you
Fun place to start
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 8, 2014
Stream is a great place to start and gain experience in telecommunications, tech support and customer service. They are not however a great place if you are looking for quick advancement. There are many people on the list for promotions that have been there much longer than you will have, when those positions come up, while made available to the whole building, are filled by the most seasoned. If you are looking for a place to meet nice people and be able to talk between calls and great managers who will get to know you and be friends as well as coworkers this is the place.
Pros
swag
Cons
call volume
Good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 5, 2014
The commission was great while it lasted. Management needed improvement
Easy going work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 3, 2014
good place to work as a part/full time career with good employees and good management
fun and easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  philippinesFebruary 21, 2014
lot of calls but customer are easy to understand and work with.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 18, 2014
As for me, I'm usually ready for work 20 minutes before my shift. I'll read all my work-related emails, then when it's time to start my shift, I put the head-set on and start receiving calls. It's not all talking and we get regular breaks or so. Sometimes, you have to handle calls one after another but normally, while you wait for calls to come through, you can talk to your work buddies too. The most enjoyable part is to relate to people and help them out of their problems.
Average Call Center
CSR / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJanuary 30, 2014
Stream as an over-all company is very well organized, but internal politics on individual contracts make it difficult for the average CSA to get ahead. Changing rules, policies, and procedures keep management an effective and integral part of the organization. That said, there is a lack of communication between management and employee. This hurdle makes the company difficult to work for as changes in the organization and policies are not effectively communicated.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
inter-office communication
Great culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedJanuary 22, 2014
Stream has a culture where employees are proud of themselves and the company they work in. It is performance-based and rewards ingenuity.
Dynamic
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  CairoDecember 14, 2013
Excellent place to start your career and enter the hospitality industry
Well Structured And Enjoyable
Inbound Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 27, 2013
Stream was a good work place, they went out of their way to make it seem like a good job. It was difficult but Canadian customers on inbound calls are reasonable. I handle billing and some technical related concerns which results in upset people. I have financial discretion which I use to resolve customer issues.

My co-workers are good people but we are rarely working together; a call centre environment is always individual work.

The job itself is fairly easy, you do your best to resolve the issue and show empathy through the process. For the most part I have learned to be more empathetic and have a more powerful speaking voice.

In all honesty, my favourite part of the job is the cafeteria. Excellent soup.
Pros
good pay, structured environment
Cons
inflexible and difficult hours
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 25, 2013
i loved working here. would love to opportunity to go back. lots of people to talk to and work well in the teams.
It's a job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, OntarioNovember 18, 2013
I did not have a very good exit experience with this company.