Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

What I learned
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 22, 2016
What I learned at Stream was alot , from the different contracts that we worked on. I have learned alot of communication skills, computer skills, team building efforts
A Job with my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 8, 2016
I have customer service experience. I have a grade 12 education. I am a people person & I enjoy working in a group with other people/Co-workers. I like a job where I am busy.
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
A good, rewarding job for the area.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 11, 2013
While a little on the low-side wage-wise for technical support positions, Stream was a fun and fulfilling place to work. The Team Leaders and management were friendly and helpful and the environment was good. A decent benefits package combined with an above-average wage for the location meant it felt like a worthwhile place to work.

My only complaint is that other technical support positions in the Vancouver area pay nearly $4/hour more than I was making on the contract I was working.
Pros
decent wage and benefits, fun and friendly environment.
Cons
training lacking, low-pay grade compared to similar jobs in vancouver
Enjoyed working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Stream. They helped me alot when I became ill.
But they has no tolerance for people that are ill or grieving
Pros
People are fabulous
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
Average Call Center
CSR / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJanuary 30, 2014
Stream as an over-all company is very well organized, but internal politics on individual contracts make it difficult for the average CSA to get ahead. Changing rules, policies, and procedures keep management an effective and integral part of the organization. That said, there is a lack of communication between management and employee. This hurdle makes the company difficult to work for as changes in the organization and policies are not effectively communicated.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
inter-office communication
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBNovember 5, 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
company closed
A good place to work if you are physically disabled, live at home with your parents, or partner with a true bread-winning spouse.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Management is rather poor in my opinion, and this company is incredibly cheap. They do not even attempt to keep the best employees, nor appropriately reward them.

They also, do indeed, salary cap you.

I've worked there 9.5 yrs. I make only 13.19/hr.

The hardest part of the job is when you first get on the phones. You have to get used to pretending to understand more than you actually do, despite 'training'.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to interesting strangers on the phone, and meeting some good and interesting people while you are there.

I did learn to deal with all different kinds of people on the phone anyways.. and other people skills that also inevitably are acquired just by living life not as a complete hermit. But as far as really useful skills and knowledge it seems like I have acquired very little even after all these years there, sadly.
Pros
easy to get hired. job security. it is hard to get fired.
Cons
no union (currently), insufficient compensation, chances are you will need outside 'support' from friends and family, unless you live like a monk
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 5, 2015
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
Pros
relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons
Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJanuary 15, 2015
great place to work, great people, was sad to leave there, I recommend to work there. good benefits after 90 days, continuous training. flexible hours, will work with you to make sure its a scheduled that fits you. and room for advancement if you want to move up in company
A Typical Day In The Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 26, 2013
A typical day at work is taking numerous inbound calls from customers using a headset and sitting at a desk for 7 or more hours out of the day staring at a computer screen while typing customer issue and resolution notes. The two coffee breaks and the hour lunch is a great way to take a deep breath and a break away from the phones and take time to yourself. What I learn in a day is how to deflect any customers and how to give customers the pickle. There is always a solution. I learn new product information that assists me in getting my job done in a positive way.
Management is always there for me for any questions I might have pertaining to getting the job done. Co-workers are like family and I tend to get along with everyone and like people to know who I am. I find it extremely sad when a co-worker leaves. The hardest part of the job is that you cannot always please everyone. Also the long hours if there is mandatory overtime in effect can be hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
After all, customers come first and a lot of times customers can put a smile on your face and really make your day.
Pros
gained skills that i can use anywhere
Cons
low salary and mandatory overtime
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSOctober 26, 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Seemingly good place to work, unless you spend longer than 1 year there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 8, 2014
On the surface, it seems like a good place to work. But that is only for the short term.
Raises past this point, and potential for advancement are as sparse as an oasis in the desert.
They continually revise policy to ensure they are breaking the spirits of the maximum number of employees.
Pros
shelter from the elements...mostly
Cons
you are treated as a number, not a person.
Over worked, stressful, not worth it.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London OntarioJanuary 28, 2013
Wasted 5 years at the place. Compensation was poor, stress level's at the end we're off the chart. When I first started there it was a completely different atmosphere. It was fun, exciting, and got to learn a lot. Too bad the place has changed so much. Middle managment look stressed, you can see it in their eyes.
Pros
i lived right next door so no gas or car needed
Cons
stressful, if you don't hit your target you get written up and let go of. no job security.
One of the worst place to work at
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 30, 2013
Stream Global Services is like a prison, no human feelings inside of this Company, just a perment sentiment of panic and stress among people working there. A very bad management, every day rules are changing, creating chaos, confusion and making the goal of meeting the expectation of the company almost imposible to be reached...Poor salary,etc...
Cons
stress, pressure
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 12, 2015
Stream was an enjoyable work environment!
Staff was friendly and there was always room for improvement with everyone!!
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Long hours most days, over time would get to the extreme!
Productive Work Inviroment
TECHNICAL SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 27, 2015
Overall ok place to work, stressful at times but gives me the tools I need to work with customers, Find out what they need and equip them with the right product.
Very productive focused company, multinational with various job oportunities
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorJanuary 4, 2013
I´ve learned a great deal of thing from working with them from customer service to Technical support skill and managing experience as well
Pros
job security
Cons
salary/compensations, organizational arrangements
Stressful work enviroment
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 4, 2012
Very stressful work environment for someone who doesn't enjoy people yelling at you all day long. Hard to get time off for family events, point system is horrible.
benefits
Cons
long hours, low wage, yelling people, 8 points your out

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location