Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Stream had a good work environment with good opportunities.
Computer Tech. Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 December 2016
Stream was a great job for those who enjoy the office environment.Because of stream I can now diagnose and repair most issues with computers.
Pros
Educational .
Cons
High turn-over rate of employees.
Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2015
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS23 March 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time or early if possible , answering the phone and helping customers with any issues. I learned a lot , dealing with irate customers in a Successful manor , using more then one program on the computer at the same time, Management is great they always do their best to help you in any way they can , they will work with you to the best of their ability. Co-Workers are amazing they are very friendly and will help you with anything they can. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers screaming at you however you just have to remain clam and continue to do the best you can for them. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their issues.
Pros
helping customers and meeting new people
Terrible work environment, long hrs-that place sucks your soul
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2016
Miss few ppl but thats bout it

Terrible work environment, long hrs-that place sucks your soul

Finally getting out of that heck hole!!!
Fast paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 December 2016
Enjoyed new challenges everyday. I enjoyed the Team Leads they were very supportive. Always busy and deadlines always met.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Time to payout
Great teamwork enviornment. Advancement possible
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 July 2016
I enjoyed my time at Stream, Great attitudes. I learned all about modems and how to problem solve in a timely manner. Co workers were all great. They had a great cafeteria that made great hot food. Typical day was dealing with customers malfunctioning modems. It felt satisfying getting people back online in many times minutes specifically when they were places of employment.
Fruit Ball and Basketball court
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2016
Stream company was third party company for rogers. It was fun working. Used to have lot fun activities and Official Parties. Working atmosphere was really good and manager used to arrange party every month for their respective teams
I enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to gain in exprience in different roles within this company.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 April 2015
A typical day as an agent involved a number of phone calls ranging from 8 to over 100 per day. As I worked on a technical contract and a financial contract there were many differences between them. I most enjoyed my last position as a Quality Reviewer. This position gave me an insight to the corporate world. My management team was usually able to assist me in achieving goals and setting the bar higher every time to help push myself. I strived to be the best in every opportunity the company provided me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC28 May 2014
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Pros
Reliable income, Benefits and RRSP matching
Cons
Not a long term career or job choice.
Interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 August 2016
I can not say I hate my jobs as I learned many new skills
I took the job as a dare Here I am 15 years later. Now looking for a change or a challenge of some sort
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
shift bids
A good, rewarding job for the area.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 October 2013
While a little on the low-side wage-wise for technical support positions, Stream was a fun and fulfilling place to work. The Team Leaders and management were friendly and helpful and the environment was good. A decent benefits package combined with an above-average wage for the location meant it felt like a worthwhile place to work.

My only complaint is that other technical support positions in the Vancouver area pay nearly $4/hour more than I was making on the contract I was working.
Pros
Decent wage and benefits, fun and friendly environment.
Cons
Training lacking, low-pay grade compared to similar jobs in Vancouver
Frustrated Customer Support
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 July 2016
Have Americans yell at you over the phone over 1$ plus tax & can say very rude things to you. All the company cares that your calls fix the problem & are completed in an unreasonable amount of time.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No sense of care from company
Average Call Center
CSR / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS30 January 2014
Stream as an over-all company is very well organized, but internal politics on individual contracts make it difficult for the average CSA to get ahead. Changing rules, policies, and procedures keep management an effective and integral part of the organization. That said, there is a lack of communication between management and employee. This hurdle makes the company difficult to work for as changes in the organization and policies are not effectively communicated.
Pros
Benefits Are Great
Cons
Inter-Office Communication
Room for advancement for good workers
ARS Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 July 2016
Providing solutions for the clients customers when the front line agent could not solve the issue at hand. One can really utilize problem solving skills with this position.
Pros
Professional emvironment
Cons
Due to contract issues with clients lay offs are common.
A good place to work if you are physically disabled, live at home with your parents, or partner with a true bread-winning spouse.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 February 2013
Management is rather poor in my opinion, and this company is incredibly cheap. They do not even attempt to keep the best employees, nor appropriately reward them.

They also, do indeed, salary cap you.

I've worked there 9.5 yrs. I make only 13.19/hr.

The hardest part of the job is when you first get on the phones. You have to get used to pretending to understand more than you actually do, despite 'training'.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to interesting strangers on the phone, and meeting some good and interesting people while you are there.

I did learn to deal with all different kinds of people on the phone anyways.. and other people skills that also inevitably are acquired just by living life not as a complete hermit. But as far as really useful skills and knowledge it seems like I have acquired very little even after all these years there, sadly.
Pros
easy to get hired. job security. it is hard to get fired.
Cons
no union (currently), insufficient compensation, chances are you will need outside 'support' from friends and family, unless you live like a monk
Good job, great people, short employment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 November 2013
I enjoyed working reception at Stream. They would always have fun tasks for me to do. On a typical day I would make business cards, spreadsheets, labels and / or signs, order office supplies, answer calls, take messages, do faxing, filing, organize pay stubs for over 200 employees, request P.O. numbers, and receive and / or send out mail and packages. I was always very busy, but it made the day go by fast.
My co-workers were great! I was constantly dealing with multiple employees, most all of them were pleasant and friendly. Other staff always made me feel comfortable, important and complimented me often on my good work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Great benifits, great co-workers
Cons
Company closed
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process Specialist5 March 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
excellent workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  philippines18 July 2016
excellent workplace
people are fun to work with
company is very generous
employers are very supportive
place is very safe
security is good
A Typical Day In The Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC26 August 2013
A typical day at work is taking numerous inbound calls from customers using a headset and sitting at a desk for 7 or more hours out of the day staring at a computer screen while typing customer issue and resolution notes. The two coffee breaks and the hour lunch is a great way to take a deep breath and a break away from the phones and take time to yourself. What I learn in a day is how to deflect any customers and how to give customers the pickle. There is always a solution. I learn new product information that assists me in getting my job done in a positive way.
Management is always there for me for any questions I might have pertaining to getting the job done. Co-workers are like family and I tend to get along with everyone and like people to know who I am. I find it extremely sad when a co-worker leaves. The hardest part of the job is that you cannot always please everyone. Also the long hours if there is mandatory overtime in effect can be hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
After all, customers come first and a lot of times customers can put a smile on your face and really make your day.
Pros
gained skills that I can use anywhere
Cons
Low salary and mandatory overtime
Over worked, stressful, not worth it.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London Ontario28 January 2013
Wasted 5 years at the place. Compensation was poor, stress level's at the end we're off the chart. When I first started there it was a completely different atmosphere. It was fun, exciting, and got to learn a lot. Too bad the place has changed so much. Middle managment look stressed, you can see it in their eyes.
Pros
i lived right next door so no gas or car needed
Cons
stressful, if you don't hit your target you get written up and let go of. no job security.