Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 23, 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time or early if possible , answering the phone and helping customers with any issues. I learned a lot , dealing with irate customers in a Successful manor , using more then one program on the computer at the same time, Management is great they always do their best to help you in any way they can , they will work with you to the best of their ability. Co-Workers are amazing they are very friendly and will help you with anything they can. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers screaming at you however you just have to remain clam and continue to do the best you can for them. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their issues.
Pros
helping customers and meeting new people
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process SpecialistMarch 5, 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
Good to start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 30, 2015
When I started here the job and money were good but the company just kept upping what was required of the employee with no monetary compensation. They ask a lot of all there employees including the floor management and do not provide the tools or staffing necessary to accomplish what they want.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
poor working conditions
Stream/Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
I would definitely recommend Stream/Convergys to anyone that needs employment and is able/willing to sit in front of a computer, and answer incoming calls. They have all kinds of different contracts you can be a part of, and each one has it's own teams with a team manager that is there to help with anything, including somewhat personal matters. The staff cares a lot about their employees, though like ANYWHERE there are always a couple bad apples, so to say. You may not have your cellphone on the floor with u as it is grounds for immediate dismissal, along with call avoidance(hanging up/long calls on purpose). I am not really allowed to say any more, though it was one of the best places I had worked at, and hope to return again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Thouroughly caring and understanding staff
Cons
Stressfull most of the time, there are goals to meet, and cranky customers to deal with
Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.
Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 16, 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
very demanding but productive
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 8, 2016
everyday was pretty much the same.. learned a lot about computers.. as well as billing and ordering equipment through the company.. management were only doing there jobs but expected a lot from there workers and made it very stressful at times. all of my coworkers were great always got along with everyone. hardest part was they were not very family oriented.. such as I had to cancel a lot of appointments because couldn't get the time off. they had great benefits almost full coverage...
Pros
great benefits and great people to work with
Productive and great Workplace
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 22, 2016
• Helping customers solve a wide variety of billing problems and filling orders for products and offering suggestions that provide a more complete solution to their needs—some routine and straightforward, some complex and challenging
• Performed credit checks on customers for new activation
• Offer advice to customers and help sell new products
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
Room for advancement for good workers
ARS Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 1, 2016
Providing solutions for the clients customers when the front line agent could not solve the issue at hand. One can really utilize problem solving skills with this position.
Pros
Professional emvironment
Cons
Due to contract issues with clients lay offs are common.
Frustrated Customer Support
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 9, 2016
Have Americans yell at you over the phone over 1$ plus tax & can say very rude things to you. All the company cares that your calls fix the problem & are completed in an unreasonable amount of time.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No sense of care from company
Working in a fast paced environment to provide an exceptional customer experience.
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 29, 2016
A typical workday consisted in taking inbound calls from clients , Working with other professionals in a team environment as well as performing multiple tasks on an individual level.
It was a call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMay 16, 2016
It was pretty good actually, the managers and coworkers were friendly, the hours were fair and they you got help if you needed it but at the same time call centers are not for everyone and that people should be wary about that.
horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 1, 2016
they treat everyone as robots and the pay is not nearly what it should be for that work environment. They act as if its not possible for people to get sick, you are required doctors notes for each absence, you only get 10 minutes of personal time a day in 8 hour shifts.
excellent workplace
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  philippinesJuly 18, 2016
excellent workplace
people are fun to work with
company is very generous
employers are very supportive
place is very safe
security is good
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 17, 2016
I learned lots working here about products I knew barely a thing about before working there. Staff were helpful and friendly
Cafteria was good with flexible hours
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
long shifts
I enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to gain in exprience in different roles within this company.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 9, 2015
A typical day as an agent involved a number of phone calls ranging from 8 to over 100 per day. As I worked on a technical contract and a financial contract there were many differences between them. I most enjoyed my last position as a Quality Reviewer. This position gave me an insight to the corporate world. My management team was usually able to assist me in achieving goals and setting the bar higher every time to help push myself. I strived to be the best in every opportunity the company provided me.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 5, 2015
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
Pros
relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons
Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
Great place to work.
CSR/Supervisor/1Up (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
A great call center to work at. I really love that it is a inbound call center. Great lunch/break area. Shift bid system is interesting. Customer service, technical support and billing.

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location