Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 23, 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time or early if possible , answering the phone and helping customers with any issues. I learned a lot , dealing with irate customers in a Successful manor , using more then one program on the computer at the same time, Management is great they always do their best to help you in any way they can , they will work with you to the best of their ability. Co-Workers are amazing they are very friendly and will help you with anything they can. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers screaming at you however you just have to remain clam and continue to do the best you can for them. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their issues.
Pros
helping customers and meeting new people
Cons
The people are great! They try hard to help everybody suceed
Technical Support I/II & Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 22, 2016
It is a call center, which as a position can be a challenge.
Customers want one thing and the contract wants another and between you and you team leaders you are constantly trying to please everybody.

If you like a challenge and a great super friendly people to work with this is the place for you. They have good benefits and are a very stable work place.
Pros
company BBQ/party days, lots of swag from various contracts, lots of co mpany participation days (like dressing up and such)
Cons
To compete on a global market the wage can be less/equal to median wage for that posting, however benefits help offset
Stream/Convergys
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 14, 2016
I would definitely recommend Stream/Convergys to anyone that needs employment and is able/willing to sit in front of a computer, and answer incoming calls. They have all kinds of different contracts you can be a part of, and each one has it's own teams with a team manager that is there to help with anything, including somewhat personal matters. The staff cares a lot about their employees, though like ANYWHERE there are always a couple bad apples, so to say. You may not have your cellphone on the floor with u as it is grounds for immediate dismissal, along with call avoidance(hanging up/long calls on purpose). I am not really allowed to say any more, though it was one of the best places I had worked at, and hope to return again if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Thouroughly caring and understanding staff
Cons
Stressfull most of the time, there are goals to meet, and cranky customers to deal with
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process SpecialistMarch 5, 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
Tech support
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 24, 2016
A day consisted of taking computer/printer related phone calls. Customers were usually irate and had the propensity to be rude/racist. Management did little to discourage these kinds of calls and you were expected to "own the call" and deal with the verbal abuse on your own. There were some good things about working here and those include having a functioning and supportive environment amongst coworkers, and on occasion the management would have "fun days" where employees could win prizes and such.
Pros
Fun coworker atmosphere
Cons
Unreliable managment
Literally the worst
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 31, 2016
Literally the worst place I have ever worked at. They make you feel like you have a chance to succeed and move up in the work place, then never back that up no matter the effort that is put in. Essentially, if you're a friend of someone high up, then you've got a chance.

They also treat their employees like garbage, their focus is never on the customer (which is the worst), and there is nothing you can do without getting written up. And I never got written up yet I knew it was the worst.

It seems tempting, but avoid at all costs
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Makes you regret life
Technical Support
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 29, 2016
Stream is a well known inbound call center that handles technical support for a variety of clients such as Dell, Rogers, HP.

The training is very informative and includes all the tools to do the tasks that are presented on a daily basis. An individual with little to no call center experience would be able to work for this company as their training is very complete. All aspects of the job are covered in detail by the training facilitators.
Pros
Complete customer service and contract based training
Cons
Client Contracts change often
Soul crushing if on the wrong contract, with a revolving door of applicants.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 15, 2016
They pay on time, and promptly...I've worked a couple of contracts at Stream and while I met some great people, it overall felt like you were expendable. They get so many applicants and people fresh to the job market that the turnover is incredibly high.

Contracts focused on making your metrics (basically a bunch of stats like call time, hold time, etc etc) instead of helping people. Though admittedly the great agents could find the right balance, it led to lots of problem and call punting.

The management also uses the metrics to place you on your shifts...until they notice you're actually good at your job and try to force you on to a shift with a bunch of other people who are happy to do as little work as possible.

While there are good managers, the majority know little about the product you're supporting as they're constantly moving from contract to contract.

They sometimes have incentives for completing your job well and meeting your metrics, though the payout is months after, if you're lucky. I actually got my last bonus 3 months after I'd quit my position.
Cons
NO regard for employees.
Good to start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 30, 2015
When I started here the job and money were good but the company just kept upping what was required of the employee with no monetary compensation. They ask a lot of all there employees including the floor management and do not provide the tools or staffing necessary to accomplish what they want.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
poor working conditions
Great teamwork enviornment. Advancement possible
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 24, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Stream, Great attitudes. I learned all about modems and how to problem solve in a timely manner. Co workers were all great. They had a great cafeteria that made great hot food. Typical day was dealing with customers malfunctioning modems. It felt satisfying getting people back online in many times minutes specifically when they were places of employment.
Productive and great Workplace
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 22, 2016
• Helping customers solve a wide variety of billing problems and filling orders for products and offering suggestions that provide a more complete solution to their needs—some routine and straightforward, some complex and challenging
• Performed credit checks on customers for new activation
• Offer advice to customers and help sell new products
Pros
Commission
Cons
Long Hours
Microsoft great! Stream was a hard place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE EMPLOYMENT (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 19, 2016
Stream as a company was good to me.

Management was good.

Hardest part helping customers that were unwilling to accept help

Most enjoyable was helping customers get immediate results from search engine optimization.

Some of my co-workers were toxic individuals that created an unhealthy work environment
Pros
Personal/Family days
Cons
no cons
Stream Chilliwack
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 21, 2015
I enjoyed assisting customers with various issues.
I learned to work within a data base to assist and solve issues for the customer. And keep accurate records of the transaction for Stream/Convergys.
I have no complaints about the management or my fellow co-workers. I found everyone to handle themselves in a professional manner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was solving an issue and receiving praise from the customer.
Pros
Discount on product.
Cons
Sometimes the data system would go down and I was unable to assist customers at that time.
very demanding but productive
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 8, 2016
everyday was pretty much the same.. learned a lot about computers.. as well as billing and ordering equipment through the company.. management were only doing there jobs but expected a lot from there workers and made it very stressful at times. all of my coworkers were great always got along with everyone. hardest part was they were not very family oriented.. such as I had to cancel a lot of appointments because couldn't get the time off. they had great benefits almost full coverage...
Pros
great benefits and great people to work with
Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 16, 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
Fruit Ball and Basketball court
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LondonSeptember 5, 2016
Stream company was third party company for rogers. It was fun working. Used to have lot fun activities and Official Parties. Working atmosphere was really good and manager used to arrange party every month for their respective teams
Lots to learn.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 9, 2016
There are many types of data bases to be learned throughout the workplace.
I found it impossible to work with the antics of the unprofessional and immature management on the floor.
Pros
Working in Team Environment.
Cons
Management is immature and unprofessional.
Room for advancement for good workers
ARS Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 1, 2016
Providing solutions for the clients customers when the front line agent could not solve the issue at hand. One can really utilize problem solving skills with this position.
Pros
Professional emvironment
Cons
Due to contract issues with clients lay offs are common.
Frustrated Customer Support
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 9, 2016
Have Americans yell at you over the phone over 1$ plus tax & can say very rude things to you. All the company cares that your calls fix the problem & are completed in an unreasonable amount of time.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
No sense of care from company
Interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 24, 2016
I can not say I hate my jobs as I learned many new skills
I took the job as a dare Here I am 15 years later. Now looking for a change or a challenge of some sort
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
shift bids

Stream Global Services Reviews by Location