Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews in Canada

very demanding but productive
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 8, 2016
everyday was pretty much the same.. learned a lot about computers.. as well as billing and ordering equipment through the company.. management were only doing there jobs but expected a lot from there workers and made it very stressful at times. all of my coworkers were great always got along with everyone. hardest part was they were not very family oriented.. such as I had to cancel a lot of appointments because couldn't get the time off. they had great benefits almost full coverage...
Pros
great benefits and great people to work with
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 23, 2016
a typical day at work would be arriving on time or early if possible , answering the phone and helping customers with any issues. I learned a lot , dealing with irate customers in a Successful manor , using more then one program on the computer at the same time, Management is great they always do their best to help you in any way they can , they will work with you to the best of their ability. Co-Workers are amazing they are very friendly and will help you with anything they can. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate customers screaming at you however you just have to remain clam and continue to do the best you can for them. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their issues.
Pros
helping customers and meeting new people
Fast paced enviroment
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 16, 2016
Worked as a tier 2 technical agent to help agents and customers resolve technical issues.
Learned how to be flexible and caring.
Co-workers for the most part were an awesome group to work with.
The hardest part was all the office politics.
The best part was resolving issues people could not resolve themselves.
Pros
Medical
Cons
No flexability in work hrs.
horrible place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 1, 2016
they treat everyone as robots and the pay is not nearly what it should be for that work environment. They act as if its not possible for people to get sick, you are required doctors notes for each absence, you only get 10 minutes of personal time a day in 8 hour shifts.
Good to start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 30, 2015
When I started here the job and money were good but the company just kept upping what was required of the employee with no monetary compensation. They ask a lot of all there employees including the floor management and do not provide the tools or staffing necessary to accomplish what they want.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
poor working conditions
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 17, 2016
I learned lots working here about products I knew barely a thing about before working there. Staff were helpful and friendly
Cafteria was good with flexible hours
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
long shifts
Great place to work.
CSR/Supervisor/1Up (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
A great call center to work at. I really love that it is a inbound call center. Great lunch/break area. Shift bid system is interesting. Customer service, technical support and billing.
Great co-workers/training
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I found working at Stream very rewarding. Co-orkers were great, and the atmosphere was good. I found that the management floor support was not very helpful which made us less acknowledgable to customers on the phone.
Enjoyed working with people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Stream. They helped me alot when I became ill.
But they has no tolerance for people that are ill or grieving
Pros
People are fabulous
Cons
Not enough hours for part time
A Job with my experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSMarch 8, 2016
I have customer service experience. I have a grade 12 education. I am a people person & I enjoy working in a group with other people/Co-workers. I like a job where I am busy.
had good pay and benfits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCNovember 1, 2015
costumer service answer calls to costumers with complaints about there products. and solving the costumers problems in a timely manner taking 100 calls a day and typing and logging the conversations with costumers.
Pros
good benfits and pay
Cons
long hours your just an number very strick
What I learned
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSApril 22, 2016
What I learned at Stream was alot , from the different contracts that we worked on. I have learned alot of communication skills, computer skills, team building efforts
call centre
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Working with customers in regrades to all types of home services and wireless services
The job did not benefite people with families
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Fun Place to work
Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Business Process SpecialistMarch 5, 2016
Typical day at work is basically normal with regular duties. Learnt to be team work player and collaborative and supportive. About the management is changing every time based on their needs and having certain missing with population in regards recognitions and incentives to retain talented values to the company.

My co-workers are essentially needed for business operations, data collection and results presentation and we have a good binding within the professional environment and good relationship in terms of team players.

The hardest part of our job is when we have to prepare reports and informs with a short time advanced. It's not easy as well as when we do not have the specific or valid source.

The most enjoyable part is when I have the chance to assist some other areas in the company with our middle and upper management and fulfill their expectations also when I cooperate with team leader to cover specific tasks or duties within operations.

In general there were some spotlights and shadows throughout the years but I've learnt a lot.
Pros
One hour lunches, Medical Care plan
Cons
No bonus, No incentives
Suitable for students and secondary family income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 5, 2015
The people that work at Stream are great however the companies policies make it very hard to have fun or enjoy your work. The managers are in their positions based on tenure rather then skill set and this creates issues with the end product or service Stream is supposed to be providing. Overall I would say it's a positive experience for young workers to get some relevant experience in the CSR industry but it's not a great place to build a career as you're basically a full time temp.
Pros
relevant customer service experience for young workers
Cons
Company policies and practices make it difficult to enjoy the work
Productive Work Inviroment
TECHNICAL SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 27, 2015
Overall ok place to work, stressful at times but gives me the tools I need to work with customers, Find out what they need and equip them with the right product.
Good
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSOctober 26, 2015
Working at servicom was great but the distance wasn't. I ended up getting a job at stream and going there instead.

I didn't enjoy sitting down for long hours I would rather a fast paced environment
Always learning new approaches
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 24, 2015
Although there was a high turnaround rate, I was able to keep my position for 7yrs. The position that I held was one such as a teaching position which I enjoyed.
Call Center
Technical Support Professional II- Senior (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 22, 2015
Stream Global Services employs many great people. The chances for advancement are there but can be difficult to access. The company is Global so there is the opportunity to transfer to other locations.
Pros
loads of free parking
Cons
was sold to Convergys
good money , great hours
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 21, 2015
It was fun and lots of learning. able to book time off when needed. always able to ask foe help if needed. loved the people i work with and how easy the computer was.