Stream Global Services

Stream Global Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun call center
Bilingual Technical support analyst (Former Employee), londonApril 24, 2015
 Answer incoming customer calls in an effective and efficient manner
 Diagnose and fix various computer issues following company policies and procedures.
 Meet company Stat guidelines
 Redirect customer when necessary
 Escalate complaints when necessary following guidelines
 Provide customers with an exceptional customer service experience
 Complete assignments to help managers when requested
Good With the Bad
Technical Support (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSApril 23, 2015
Had hard calls but the work environment made the bad calls not so bad, Always had help when needed, awesome co-workers.
At the time i worked on the Dell tech support for companies, i can't say anything about the other accounts that were/are at Stream.
slave drivers
Call Representative (Former Employee), glace Bay, NSApril 18, 2015
The work load is far too great for people to properly handle, poor, unhelpful management, and no support or negotiating
Work
Executive Case Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: Long hours and extremely stressfull
very long hours, and extremely large workloads. enjoyed the environment because of co-workers. The pay was not bad, but as the more work I did it did not seem to justify itself.
I enjoyed my time at this company. I was able to gain in exprience in different roles within this company.
Quality Reviewer (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
A typical day as an agent involved a number of phone calls ranging from 8 to over 100 per day. As I worked on a technical contract and a financial contract there were many differences between them. I most enjoyed my last position as a Quality Reviewer. This position gave me an insight to the corporate world. My management team was usually able to assist me in achieving goals and setting the bar higher every time to help push myself. I strived to be the best in every opportunity the company provided me.
Generic Call Center
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2015
Stream felt like most call centers, very warm welcome environment where you can find at least one person to become your lifelong best friend due to the sheer versatility of the people. That said, it is not a fulfilling job, and for that reason, I'm looking for employment elsewhere.
Skill building
Customer Service (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCDecember 30, 2014
Working at stream I have learned to have patience with anyone who may call in. It is a comfortable work environment for the most part although some particular coworkers made it uncomfortable for me personally since I started. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say is being able to connect with so many different types of people in so many different places within a few hours.
Stream
Sales associate (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good money, commission, bendable hours
Cons: stress, very limited communication
I was a sales associate, I would go to work and sell phones and do customer care for customers over the phone.
Low wages due to low employment opportunities in region.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee), Belleville,ONOctober 18, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: low advancement opportunities.
Worked with a lot of great people, but felt like just another number from Head Office perspective. Company was a very large international organization.
Great People to work with
Work Management (Former Employee), London Ont.August 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: do not keep up on cost of living
In the 11 years I worked foe Stream I have held many different positions. The last position i had was with inter-day. That is dealing with scheduling. The managers I worked with were all good people and they were all kept well informed.
Seemingly good place to work, unless you spend longer than 1 year there.
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: shelter from the elements...mostly
Cons: you are treated as a number, not a person.
On the surface, it seems like a good place to work. But that is only for the short term.
Raises past this point, and potential for advancement are as sparse as an oasis in the desert.
They continually revise policy to ensure they are breaking the spirits of the maximum number of employees.
Friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJuly 30, 2014
Friendly place but difficult hours, need to be more flexible with the schedule
Decent employer
Technical Support (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice facility, nice break rooms
Cons: bad management, hard to get time off, very boring work, very isolating work, depressing
Decent employer, but had many problems. The pay is good for the work, they have nice facility with very nice break rooms and cafeteria, but it's almost impossible to get time off and the management is very poor on average. I actually had to quit since they would not give me time off to study for exams after I had been there for nearly 3 years. Very frustrating. That's no way to treat a loyal employee.
Great entry level workplace with friendly co-workers and management
Technical Support Professional Level 2 (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: staff functions that are fun, 1 weeks paid vacation after a year and plus 1 week after each consecutive year, great co-workers and management and fixed schedule.
Cons: working with clients based in other locations is challenging, low pay, and very little flexibility to job schedules.
Stream is great place for anyone just starting in the workforce.
A typical day is basically answer calls and taking breaks when scheduled. I learned a lot of technical and Interpersonal skills to assist customers so they leave the phone with a great experience.

Management and Co-workers are pretty great.
Management does what they can to help you help the customer. They are overall awesome and usually stop what they are doing to help you out first. All the Co-workers I have met are usually friendly and try to help you out if your stuck.

The most difficult part of the job would be managing your mental stress level. Some days its dead and your tied to your desk until break time. Other days its raining calls and you have no time for a break nor thought after another call comes in with somebody screaming in your ear. It can affect your personal life.

Enjoyable parts of the job were knowing you had brightened someones day or conversing with co-workers during slow call days and being able to participate in fun staff functions.
EVERYONE SEEMED TO LIKE IT EVEN ON A BAD DAY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: weird hours
GOOD CALLS BAD CALLS ITS JUST A CALL YOUD GET OVER IT
I LEARNED NEVER TO TAKE THINGS PERSONAL
MANAGEMENT WAS NICE
COWORKS EVERYONE WAS ALWAYS BUSY BUT WHEN THERE WAS A BREAK IT WAS ALWAYS NICE TO CHAT WITH A NEW PERSON
TRYING NOT TO TAKE A ANGRY CALL PERSONAL
THE BEST PART WAS JUST KNOWING YOU HELPED SOMEBODY AND MADE THERE DAY BETTER MIGHT NOT BE ALL OF THE CALLS BUT THE ONES THAT CARE ARE ALWAYS NICE
Dependable Income and a job that everyone should experience
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 28, 2014
Pros: reliable income, benefits and rrsp matching
Cons: not a long term career or job choice.
Although stressful and somewhat restrictive policies, Stream is a place where everyone should work for at least half a year.

The people at the office are a very diverse group of people and I was very glad to have had the team leaders I had. The job is quite the classic definition of 'a job' by being a very reliable source of income, though I found it to drain me of my spirit after working there for a long time.

Some people have complained a lot about Stream, though I note that it was a great job to have. It also helps to work phone support for a few months to a year to help understand the call centre mentality and to appreciate and treat other call centre people WE call in a far different and respectful way.
Productive and very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSMay 12, 2014
Pros: flexible time, more medical benifits, good for immigrant
Cons: more calls, and littel bit pressure
This is good job while you are a student, will gain more communication experience.
Ok work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), London, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: speaking with customers
Cons: high expectations from company that were almost impossible to meet.
At first I really enjoyed this job. I enjoyed having quotas and things to do. After a little bit the job became very demanding, with little reward for a job well done. There was a very high turn over rate.
N/A
making sales (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 30, 2014
My Review on this job probably is not the best, I don't enjoy management, you don't often get shifts you want or need, you work long days, and training is not well done, it does prepare you for what the job actually is. although you do get OT if you want, which is very good on your pay cheque, you always get your cheque on time, and you get lunches, and breaks.
Typical day
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 24, 2014
For the most part, working at Stream was great. The people you work with are amazing and ready to help you if you're having problems on a call and the managers assist you the best they can when it's something that a front line agent is not able to.

I'd have to say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are ready for a fight no matter what the answer is or not being able to answer the question they have because you haven't received training for that particular thing yet. All in all I enjoyed helping my customers with their issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stream Global Services

How far do you want to climb the Stream career ladder? With our promote-from-within philosophy and your talent and ambition to – Read more

Stream Global Services Photos