Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Four Counties Health Services Site
Posting #58 – 2013
FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE –
MEDICAL INPATIENT/EMERGENCY CARE
- Position available 17 September, 2013
- All shifts including 11.25 and weekends providing inpatient and emergency care
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS
- Recent and relevant nursing experience
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Excellent aseptic technique
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment in ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance.
- Preference to person with intravenous maintenance and catheterization skills.
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following additional qualifications:
- Cardiac care experience involving ECG monitoring and interpretation
- Current or recent Emergency experience
- Certificate(s) in Emergency Nursing and/or Critical Care, ACLS, TNCC, PALS and Basic ECG Interpretation.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to have or to complete within the first year of commencing in the position the following: Coronary Care 1 course, Basic ECG interpretation course and ACLS.
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume no later than the closing date of August 30, 2013
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Employment Standards Act S. 15
Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 (519)245-1550 x5941