Strathcona County

Strathcona County Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
temporay position
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 3, 2012
It was ok not really enough hours however and a lot of split shifts
Good summer job for students
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee), Sherwood ParkOctober 2, 2012
Pros: fairly good pay and job security.
Cons: frustrating management
Generally the day would start with going to past sites where we poured concrete to remove and clean the concrete forms. If the weather was agreeable we would pour another site and stay to finish the concrete. If there was enough time in the day we would help excavate the next site and form it.
I learned how to manage some labourers I was in charge of – more... when the leadhand was not on site. I learned concrete finishing skills so I could be left alone to finish them.
As it was a government job, productivity was not always the goal. Strange choices of what work should be done or how it should be done entered into the workday.
Co-workers were all fine. Many were students using it as a source of income during their months off, but enough full time staff were there to keep on-site job knowledge.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, while the most enjoyable part was the actual concrete finishing. – less
poor employee culture
no way (Current Employee), CountySeptember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits but you can get that anywhere
Cons: staff and management
If your looking for long term career choice look elsewhere. Backstabbing and undermining and harrassment is fully supported by management.