Strathcona County

Strathcona County Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Part time job
Labour Worker (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: drama at work all the time, no benefits, terrible hours
Its not a bad place to be but very few full time staff. Also lots of drama at work which i didnt like at all *due to the managers*
Volunteer Private Club
Volunteer and Extra Curricular Activities (Current Employee), Sherwood Park ABDecember 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great environment for those looking to make a difference, Lots of opportunity to grow individually and an excellent way to meet new people.
FCS
Fcs (Current Employee), FcsOctober 11, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: culture and management
Even though the pay is sweet and comes with a juicy benefit package, it's a tough place to work. I work with vulnerable clients, and I frequently find that policies and rules are given priority over people (those who have the power to remove obstacles reinforce them instead). Management is comprised of County "lifers" who act as the pit bulls and puppets of those above them. The result is a work culture steeped in fear and backstabbing. Bad for morale, good for the bank account.
temporay position
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 3, 2012
It was ok not really enough hours however and a lot of split shifts
Good summer job for students
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee), Sherwood ParkOctober 2, 2012
Pros: fairly good pay and job security.
Cons: frustrating management
Generally the day would start with going to past sites where we poured concrete to remove and clean the concrete forms. If the weather was agreeable we would pour another site and stay to finish the concrete. If there was enough time in the day we would help excavate the next site and form it.
I learned how to manage some labourers I was in charge of when the leadhand was not on site. I learned concrete finishing skills so I could be left alone to finish them.
As it was a government job, productivity was not always the goal. Strange choices of what work should be done or how it should be done entered into the workday.
Co-workers were all fine. Many were students using it as a source of income during their months off, but enough full time staff were there to keep on-site job knowledge.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, while the most enjoyable part was the actual concrete finishing.

About Strathcona County

One of Alberta’s fastest growing communities, Strathcona County is an innovative municipality set in the centre of the province’s – Read more

Strathcona County Photos