Strathcona County

Strathcona County Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Sherwood Park ABApril 23, 2015
Pros: office with walls, windows and door
Cons: cafeteria food
talking with constituents, co-workers and private and public agencies. Taking part in corporate wellness programs.
Summer and part time employee
Youth Programs Representative (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good for resume, salary and benefits.
Cons: Management and advancement
Great salary and benefits! Management is alright but you get to work with a lot of interesting people. Great for your resume!
I cannot think of a better job I have had in my lifetime
full-time transit operator, Strathcona Country (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: No lunch breaks, drivers much take care to drink plenty of water
Cons: It would be a safety danger to work too many hours putting other motorists and passengers at risk.
I will submit a suggestion to management to bring in a table tennis I have never worked in a more highly organised, safety-minded operation as Strathcona County. The work culture is cohesive as bus drivers work changing shifts. This creates a supporting and caring work environment.

I find our passengers are largely understanding and the moments of gratitude I receive from taking the time to do a 360 look for any late runners, makes my day. My office is my mirror and windows and is always changing and in motion.

The challenge of course in shift work. One must rise early to work a few hours, then to be active in fitness, eat well, and return in the late afternoon for a final few hours of work.
Part time job
Labour Worker (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: drama at work all the time, no benefits, terrible hours
Its not a bad place to be but very few full time staff. Also lots of drama at work which i didnt like at all *due to the managers*
Volunteer Private Club
Volunteer and Extra Curricular Activities (Current Employee), Sherwood Park ABDecember 15, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great environment for those looking to make a difference, Lots of opportunity to grow individually and an excellent way to meet new people.
FCS
Fcs (Current Employee), FcsOctober 11, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: culture and management
Even though the pay is sweet and comes with a juicy benefit package, it's a tough place to work. I work with vulnerable clients, and I frequently find that policies and rules are given priority over people (those who have the power to remove obstacles reinforce them instead). Management is comprised of County "lifers" who act as the pit bulls and puppets of those above them. The result is a work culture steeped in fear and backstabbing. Bad for morale, good for the bank account.
poor employee culture
no way (Current Employee), CountySeptember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits but you can get that anywhere
Cons: staff and management
If your looking for long term career choice look elsewhere. Backstabbing and undermining and harrassment is fully supported by management.
temporay position
Transit Operator (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 3, 2012
It was ok not really enough hours however and a lot of split shifts
Headquarters