Strathcona County

Strathcona County Employee Reviews

Ok Job
Recycle Attendant (Former Employee) –  Recycle12 October 2016
Dealing with the Public all day long who are rude and ignorant to staff constantly, a boss who doesn't care .Kept adding more to our job descripton but not to the paycheque, Boss constantly nit picking . No Benefits. Favoritism . Co workers for the most part were good and team players. A few were just there for the paycheque and should not be in the position they are in . Best part of the job is meeting new people who actually want to Recycle and are not just there to Dump Garbage . Wages do not justify the BS you have to put up with from the public also the low wages compared to the City of Edmonton wages for this job start at $ 28.00 per hour.
Pros
Work hours were decent
Cons
Dealing with Rude People
Very fun place to work
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 December 2016
A typical day can be removing snow or fixing road works. I learned allot about what it takes to maintain the roads and info-structure of the city. The management can be hard at some times but very fair and willing to hear you out if you have a problem. The people that work there are amazing and make you feel great to be working there
Pros
great pay
Cons
can be crazy hours
Productive and Fun place to work
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 November 2016
They trust me. Im in control of my own responsibilities. They flexible. The benefits are great especially the healthcare. People are nice. Great teams to work with.
Productive and fun workplace
water Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 March 2016
Safety meeting first thing in the morning. Daily assignments. Priority of appointments . Hardest part of the job is dealing with frustrated Home owners. The most enjoyable part , having a successful day installing water meters.
FCS
Fcs (Current Employee) –  Fcs11 October 2013
Even though the pay is sweet and comes with a juicy benefit package, it's a tough place to work. I work with vulnerable clients, and I frequently find that policies and rules are given priority over people (those who have the power to remove obstacles reinforce them instead). Management is comprised of County "lifers" who act as the pit bulls and puppets of those above them. The result is a work culture steeped in fear and backstabbing. Bad for morale, good for the bank account.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Culture and management
I cannot think of a better job I have had in my lifetime
full-time transit operator, Strathcona Country (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 March 2015
I will submit a suggestion to management to bring in a table tennis I have never worked in a more highly organised, safety-minded operation as Strathcona County. The work culture is cohesive as bus drivers work changing shifts. This creates a supporting and caring work environment.

I find our passengers are largely understanding and the moments of gratitude I receive from taking the time to do a 360 look for any late runners, makes my day. My office is my mirror and windows and is always changing and in motion.

The challenge of course in shift work. One must rise early to work a few hours, then to be active in fitness, eat well, and return in the late afternoon for a final few hours of work.
Pros
No lunch breaks, drivers much take care to drink plenty of water
Cons
It would be a safety danger to work too many hours putting other motorists and passengers at risk.
Summer and part time employee
Youth Programs Representative (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 April 2015
Great salary and benefits! Management is alright but you get to work with a lot of interesting people. Great for your resume!
Pros
Good for resume, salary and benefits.
Cons
Management and advancement
excellent
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park AB23 April 2015
talking with constituents, co-workers and private and public agencies. Taking part in corporate wellness programs.
Pros
office with walls, windows and door
Cons
cafeteria food
Part time job
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 February 2015
Its not a bad place to be but very few full time staff. Also lots of drama at work which i didnt like at all *due to the managers*
Pros
free lunch
Cons
drama at work all the time, no benefits, terrible hours
Volunteer Private Club
Volunteer and Extra Curricular Activities (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park AB15 December 2014
Great environment for those looking to make a difference, Lots of opportunity to grow individually and an excellent way to meet new people.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
poor employee culture
no way (Current Employee) –  County6 September 2013
If your looking for long term career choice look elsewhere. Backstabbing and undermining and harrassment is fully supported by management.
Pros
benefits but you can get that anywhere
Cons
staff and management
temporay position
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 December 2012
It was ok not really enough hours however and a lot of split shifts

Strathcona County Reviews by Location