Strathcona County Employee Review

View all Strathcona County reviews

Good summer job for students
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park2 October 2012
Generally the day would start with going to past sites where we poured concrete to remove and clean the concrete forms. If the weather was agreeable we would pour another site and stay to finish the concrete. If there was enough time in the day we would help excavate the next site and form it.
I learned how to manage some labourers I was in charge of when the leadhand was not on site. I learned concrete finishing skills so I could be left alone to finish them.
As it was a government job, productivity was not always the goal. Strange choices of what work should be done or how it should be done entered into the workday.
Co-workers were all fine. Many were students using it as a source of income during their months off, but enough full time staff were there to keep on-site job knowledge.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with management, while the most enjoyable part was the actual concrete finishing.
Pros
fairly good pay and job security.
Cons
frustrating management

Other Strathcona County Employee Reviews

Terrible Place
Administration Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 November 2017
Worked here terrible place management on certain departments and HR are not good people, get you in there treat you like a queen/king then when they are done with you chuck you out like a piece of garbage no warning, no notice basically getl out! I would never work for this company ever again!!!
Pure Awesomeness
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 July 2017
the wages are killer! The people are killer! the work is killer! This place is the bomb. If you get on with them make sure you stay. Nothing compares to these guys.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strathcona County. Our community is ready to answer.

Strathcona County Reviews by Location