Sponsorship Manager / B2B Executive Sales
If you are looking to progress your sales career, meet with influential senior business leaders and be rewarded for your efforts, then this career opportunity is for you!
Does This Sound Like You?
We are looking for a smart, mature, ambitious and success-driven sales professional with experience selling to C-level executives using the consultative approach.
You have broad business knowledge and strong commercial instincts. You are professional, articulate and engaging. You know how to probe, listen to and inspire your clients. You don’t simply “present and tell” to make a commodity pitch, rather, you have a strategic conversation with your prospects.
The Strategy Institute is an independent, research-based organization offering senior executives, government officials and professionals information and intelligence through annual business conferences.
Operating for over 15 years, we function as a think tank, operating on the cutting-edge to discover global trends, identify critical issues and report on the latest developments in business and the public sector.
Are you passionate about sales and looking to move your career forward in a big way?
As Sponsorship Manager, you play a crucial part in the company’s success. You will be responsible for generating revenue to support a large portfolio of North American business conferences. The position requires a consultative approach to needs based selling and expertise in communicating the value proposition of an intangible product.
This position presents opportunities to learn about multiple business topics that are highly relevant in today's economy. You will also build valuable business contacts on a day-to-day basis while heightening your sales and negotiation skills.
You will have the opportunity to travel to the conferences to meet clients onsite.
We offer a prime downtown location in one of Toronto’s best loft space buildings. We are proud to offer a diverse work environment, positive corporate culture, casual dress policy and an environment that encourages teamwork and open communication. We provide ongoing training and mentor support.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
- Meet and exceed your sponsorship sales targets for each assigned conference
- Communicate the benefits to sponsoring a conference through consultative process
- Develop needs based proposals that clearly match the client’s objectives with the company’s offerings
- Cultivate new business development; nurture existing client relationships
- Research and build prospect databases from industry intelligence
- Manage the entire sales process including and not limited to prospecting, negotiating, contract signing, and all customer service related to quality execution of all sponsorship package agreement items
- Maximize sponsorship retention
- Manage your sales pipeline; forecasting
- Adhere to Strategy Institute’s sales process and strategies for success
- Work collaboratively with conference team to balance sales opportunities with content quality, maximize conference promotions and ensure smooth onsite execution
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree is a must
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience with emphasis on a consultative approach
- Proven commercial and sales experience, preferably gained within a B2B publishing, conference or exhibition company
- Experience managing client relationships
- Motivated self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude
- Positive, hardworking and open to feedback continuous improvements
- Outstanding communication and relationship management abilities
- Strong project, organizational and time management skills
- Strong word processing and online search skills
- Excellent negotiation and people skills
- Able to maintain high volume of phone, email and personal contacts with clients and prospects to generate leads
- Ability to probe, engage, consult and inspire clients; to hold strategic conversations
- Motivated to exceed sales and retention goals
This is a full-time position with a strong base plus excellent commission.
You will also be added to a medical and dental benefits plan after your first three months. This position includes two weeks paid vacation per year.
Your Next Step…
For a rewarding career with training, opportunity for advancement and a chance for professional and financial success, please forward us a copy of your cover letter and resume.
In your cover letter indicate the position you are applying for, where you saw this advertisement and your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.