Merlan Scientific is a leading distributor of technical equipment and supplies used for teaching in the science, technology and engineering fields in the post-secondary institutions.
We are currently looking for an experienced sales professional to manage the western Canada market (AB, BC, MB and SK).
The Account Manager is accountable for all sales activities, from lead generation through close for Western Canada market focusing on the post-secondary educational sector. The Account Manager is responsible for growing the account base through new department acquisitions while managing existing relationships; gain an understanding of the clients needs and requirement for upcoming curriculum and introduce new product solutions to meet those needs.
- Face to face interactions with customers in order to build relationships, provides customer service, and finds, develops & ultimately closes opportunities in order to grow sales within the territory.
- Works effectively on a collaborative team to develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans for innovative products and services.
- Manages a comprehensive pipeline of opportunities and activities through the company’s Customer Resource Management (CRM) tool.
- Attends trade shows and corporate sales meetings in order to receive and present product information as well as support team and corporate initiatives.
- Manages bid process for territory.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Post secondary education in Engineering, Science, Technology or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years B2B expereince in selling engineering or science products/equipment , preferably selling to educational institutions
- Understanding of educational board budget process
- Proven experience and success in driving new business
- Broad-based knowledge of educational science standards and curriculum
- Understanding of education market and school administration
- Ability to create and provide solutions that support school board needs for scientific equipment, and technology.
- Self-driven and self-motivated individual as this is a home office based position
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to be able to relate and influence a wide range of personalities.
- Fully versed in MS Office Suite and CRM
- Ability to travel 40-50%
Candidates can reside in any Province within the territory. We offer an attractive total compensation package that includes an aggressive commission program allowing the driven individual to double their base. A mileage reimbursement program for use of personal vehicle for travel is also provided.
Driving Results Through Strategic HR Solutions
As a full service provider of comprehensive solutions that focus exclusively on human...