We are currently working with our client in search of a teamplayer to assist with their busy period as they go through a major system implementation project. This is a 3-MONTH CONTRACT.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working collaboratively with the team, the AP Specialist performs a variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records, invoices, reconciliations, etc.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic team player who is resourceful and flexible in their approach to work. They must possess strong multitasking and organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and acute attention to detail.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Process all forms of payables including invoices, cheque requisitions, credit notes, expense reports, advances, and inter-company charges.
- Answer telephone inquiries from employees and suppliers in a professional, courteous manner.
- Adhere to all established Accounts Payable and Company controls, processes, and policies.
- Interact with internal clients and suppliers to effectively resolve all related issues required to provide timely and accurate payment.
- Maintain the integrity of data within Accounts Payable systems. (i.e. invoice posting, vendor master maintenance, corporate card maintenance)
- Process month-end closing, reconciliation and account analysis
- Generate expense and allocation reports as requested
Other competencies/experience required:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in accounting
- 3 - 5 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Experience with Syspro and/or SAP
- Strong computer ability in a Windows environment, with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and a proven ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks
- Aptitude for working with numbers with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail required
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment while maintaining confidentiality
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
Indeed - 12 months ago