Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes: office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Group is currently seeking an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Leasing and working alongside a team of Leasing Associates and Leasing Directors (negotiators), the Real Estate Paralegal is responsible for:
- Independent drafting preparation of legal leases for Landlord building clauses
- Drafting and clause negotiation support of complex offers for lease transactions
- Maintaining control of the progress and status of all legal documentation within the Leasing department.
- Manage the full cycle process of the Leasing Legal documentation for the department.
- Timely and accurately prepare/draft documentation during Lease negotiations, using existing precedents and creating new ones as required.
- Addressing deviation drafting from our standard documents by dealing directly with Tenant Representatives and Lease Negotiators while ensuring that the company’s business plan is followed.
- Providing legal drafting support to negotiators during lease document negotiations
- Ensuring delivery, receipt and storage/archive of all legal documentation within the department according to policy and statutory requirements.
What you can bring to Strategic Group
- Commercial lease drafting, preparation and writing – non negotiable
- Degree or diploma in Law or Law Administration
- Superior knowledge of lease clauses and terminology within commercial real estate industry
- Advanced Proficiency in MS Word and MS Office Suite – Workshare or Deltaview
- Maintain unquestionable confidentiality on all matters related to the company, its assets, operations and employees.
- Unquestionable attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and set priorities to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated customer service focus
- Results-oriented with a desire to learn and support new developments
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a career you’re genuinely excited about.
Our culture of support and empowerment provides the opportunity for hands-on experience and advancement. In addition to one-on-one contact and weekly meetings with management, you’ll have access to professional development programs, financial incentives, recognition rewards and a wide variety of Strategic Group “perks”.
Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free employee lunches
- On-site gym facilities
- RRSP options
- Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer!
Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and love where they work. Are you ready to join us?
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability and salary expectations, where you found this position advertised, along with your resume to:
Attn: Melissa Geoffrey - Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources.
400, 630 - 8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G6
Applications will not be accepted later than: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Would you like to know more about Strategic Group? Please visit our website at strategicgroup.ca.
Strategic Group values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity in employment and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
You must be legally able to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful candidates will be contacted. No 3rd party agencies, please.