Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes: office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Group is currently offering an excellent opportunity (Immediate requirement) for a high energy, career oriented Property Manager for our Calgary Office with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of urban and suburban office buildings and retail plazas. This is a great opportunity for someone who is ready for more responsibility and wants to grow quickly in a creative, driven, entrepreneurial environment. PM licencing not required as this is an owned portfolio.
The Property Manager is responsible for leading the management team in the completion of various tasks involved in the provision of professional property management services to tenants and clients within the portfolio. The Property Manager shall act, within the management team, as the chief executive officer for the property.
What you can expect in this role
- Manage overall objectives of the properties
- Optimize property value by applying own and team knowledge on decisions involving capital expenditures
- Perform regular property inspections
- Prepare and report on annual operating budget of each property
- Collaborate and approve Expense Participation Reconciliations annually
- Guide/Coach/Supervise Building Operators in the areas of: expected building conditions, tenant relations, overall customer service, health and safety, optimization of resources, etc.
- Guide/Coach/Supervise Property Administrators in the areas of: supporting Building Operators, Purchase Order support and processes, Accounts Receivable reconciliation and follow up, Rent Roll reconciliation, Expense Participation reconciliation statements and relevant communication, parking, service requests processes, overall internal and external customer service.
What you can bring to Strategic Group
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience with similar accountabilities
- Post-secondary training or specialized certification in the business (RPA, CMP, CFM) a definite advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Experience with JDEdwards Enterprise One is a definite asset.
- Ability to multi task
- Prioritize and delegate, while providing leadership to the Property Management Team.
- Ability to grow and maintain positive relationship with tenants.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently
- High detail orientation with the ability to organize and set priorities to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to understand and adhere to operating procedures and practices
- Demonstration of professionalism through appearance and overall conduct
- Openness and willingness to communicate and respond to the needs of the company, its people, projects, and clients in a positive, professional, and supporting manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated customer service focus
- Results-oriented with a desire to learn and support new developments
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about. Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
Our culture of support and empowerment provides the opportunity for hands-on experience and advancement. In addition to one-on-one contact and weekly meetings with management, you’ll have access to professional development programs, financial incentives, recognition rewards and a wide variety of Strategic Group “perks”.
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free employee lunches
- On-site gym facilities
- RRSP options
- Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer!
Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and they love where they work. Are you ready to join us?
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability and salary expectations, along with your resume to:
Attn: Melissa Geoffrey - Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources
400, 630 - 8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G6
*Please indicate in email or cover letter where you found this position advertised.
Would you like to know more about Strategic Group? Please visit our website at strategicgroup.ca.
Strategic Group values diversity in the workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity in employment and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
You must be legally able to work in Canada. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No 3rd party agencies, please.