DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes: office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Group, Calgary is offering a full-time, permanent opportunity for an experienced and qualified Director of Human Resources to lead our human resources team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be expected to implement and oversee all human resources policies and programs pertaining to employee relations and organizational culture, compensation, recruitment and retention and organizational structure for the entire Strategic Group of companies.
- Design, develop and execute best-practice strategies for core human resources policies and programs, including succession and career planning, training and competency development, performance appraisals, recruitment, onboarding and team member retention
- Partner with key business leaders to identify areas of opportunity while continuously improving human resources processes and supporting departmental goals and growth
- Provide strategic input to ensure all human resources programs and processes are integrated and align with organizational culture and values
- Oversee and provide strong mentorship to a team of human resources and payroll professionals through effective training, coaching and team building
- Build and maintain relationships with internal business leaders and vendor partnerships
- Act as a change agent to build awareness of new human resources processes and facilitate successful process, behavior and cultural change
- Design tools and techniques to identify high potential team members and develop internal training and succession plans
- Act as a senior advisor on human resources related issues to executives and all levels of team members within the company
- Post-secondary education in human resources, business administration or related discipline
- 8-10 years of experience in human resources or organizational effectiveness and development
- Exposure to management of all aspects of team member relations and development, including but not limited to: staffing and recruitment, organizational development, succession planning, performance management, training, change management, and health and safety
- Previous experience conducting needs analysis for new HR policies and programs while recommendations to the executive team
- Previous experience developing and implementing new and existing HR policies and programs that meet corporate culture, goals and objectives is essential
STRATEGIC GROUP CULTURE & BENEFITS
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a career you’re genuinely excited about.
Our culture of support and empowerment provides the opportunity for hands-on experience. In addition to one-on-one contact and weekly meetings with management, you’ll have access to professional development programs, financial incentives, recognition rewards and a wide variety of Strategic Group perks.
Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free team member lunches
- On-site gym facilities
- Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer! Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and love where they work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability, salary expectations and where you found the position, along with your resume to:
Attn: Tiffany Matson - Recruitment Coordinator
400, 630 - 8 Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G6
Please see http://www.strategicgroup.ca/Careers/Careers-Overview.aspx for application email address
Application deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is found