Strategic Group has grown to become one of Alberta’s largest private owners and developers of commercial real estate. Our diverse portfolio includes: office buildings, retail centres, industrial facilities, residential units and development projects.
Strategic Group is currently offering an excellent opportunity for a Construction Administrator to an individual who desires a creative and dynamic work environment that offers potential for professional and personal growth. Strategic is seeking someone who is client focused and eager to be a part of a talented team.
The Construction Administrator is responsible for providing support and assistance to the Director of Construction as well as the Construction team in the functions relating to the daily administrative responsibilities and tasks of the Construction Department.
What you can expect in this role
- Work closely with and provide support to the Director of Construction and the Construction team on a daily basis
- Preparation of correspondence, reports and job cost summaries, meeting minutes as required
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive information on file
- Maintain files, electronic and hard copy, as they relate to the Construction Department
- Liaise information from the Construction Department to other team members and internal and external business associates
- Receive and resolve independently the majority of routine inquiries and requests, or to direct them to the appropriate person if deemed necessary
- Sort and distribute incoming department mail and faxes
- Assist with scheduling and meeting coordination
- Ad hoc special projects as assigned by the Director of Construction
What you can bring to Strategic Group
- Five years of proven experience in a similar role, preferably in a construction administration setting
- Technical degree or diploma in related discipline
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings a strong asset
- Advanced skill with Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Experience with JDE Enterprise One a strong asset
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and set priorities to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to understand and adhere to operating procedures and practices
- Demonstration of professionalism through appearance and overall conduct
- Openness and willingness to communicate and respond to the needs of the company, its people, projects, and clients in a positive, professional, and supporting manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated customer service focus
- Results-oriented with a desire to learn and support new developments
Here at Strategic Group, we want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about. Strategic offers a competitive employment compensation package including:
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Free employee lunches
- On-site gym facilities
- RRSP options
- Professional development and training opportunities
These are just a few of the things working for Strategic Group has to offer!
Most importantly, the people who work for Strategic Group love what they do, and love where they work. Are you ready to join us?
Strategic Group fosters a corporate culture of creativity and unconventional approaches. We have created a vertically integrated operation that encompasses acquisition, financing, development, redevelopment, leasing, asset management and property management.
Utilizing the economies of scale of a large portfolio we are able to optimize value while approaching each property or project as a stand-alone business.
Our entrepreneurial and innovative strategies allow us to increase the value of existing real estate through operational improvements, re-tenanting, asset repositioning and redevelopment as required. We maximize value of our development projects by acting decisively and creating opportunities. We create value others can't by seeing what others don't. Strong leadership and experienced personnel ensure that our properties are operated to the highest level of professionalism, responsiveness and efficiency.
Through proactive management and informed decision making Strategic Group is able to create value while protecting our integrity and maintaining long term tenant and industry relationships.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter stating your availability and salary expectations, along with your resume to:
Melissa Geoffrey - Recruitment Coordinator.
Would you like to know more about Strategic Group? Please visit our website at strategicgroup.ca.
You must be legally able to work in Canada. Only successful candidates will be contacted. No 3rd party agencies, please.