POSITION TITLE LEAD Ground Service Agent
LOCATION Fort McMurray, Alberta
SCHEDULE Fly in/out
15 days on/ 15 days off
JOB TYPE Permanent Full Time
COMPETITION NUMBER YMM-LEAD/13-01
WAGE $15.50/hour PLUS $5.00/hour Lead Premium
Strategic Aviation (SA) is an emerging aviation services company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services to businesses centered around aviation in Canada. SA currently provides ground services at a range of Tier 2 airports in B.C., Alberta, Manitoba, NWT, the Yukon and Nova Scotia.
We are currently seeking experienced Lead Ground Service Agents for our Fort McMurray operation.
As a one of our four rotational Leads, you will provide supervision, guidance and assistance to our Ground Service Agents, ensuring operational and safety standards are consistently met, resulting in providing our customers with exceptional on-time performance.
- Two week in/ two week out rotation
- Company provided flights
- Company provided accommodation in crew house
- Group Health Benefits after 3 months
- Delegate daily flight responsibilities among ramp team members
- Ensure pre-flight arrival/departure planning is complete and provide work direction to the crew
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and safety procedures are followed
- Oversee the safe and efficient handling of aircraft between the time of arrival and the time of departure
- Sign and file load instruction sheets at the completion of each flight
- Act as the coordinator and spokesperson for crew, concerning operational requirements, issues and crew readiness
- Provide practical “on the job training” to assist fellow GSA’s
- Prior Ground Service Agent / Ramp Attendant experience
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s licence
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Obtain a clear criminal record
- Ability to obtain necessary airport and/or Transport Canada security clearances
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 70lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and varying schedules
- Must successfully complete airline specific training programs and recertification
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume. Please include the competition number YMM-LEAD/13-01 in the subject line.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully due to time constraints, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Strategic Aviation Services
Strategic Aviation Services Ltd (SA) is a multi-functional aviation services company with its head office in...