POSITION: Operations Manager
LOCATION: Fort McMurray, AB
JOB #: YMM-OPSMGR/13-01
ORGANIZATION NAME: Strategic Aviation Services Ltd.
SALARY: $90-$100k Salary – depending on qualifications and experienced
CLOSING DATE: COB-Friday 19th April, 2013
Strategic Aviation (SA) is an emerging aviation services company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services in Western Canada. SA currently provides ground services at a range of Tier 2 airports in B.C., Alberta, NWT and the Yukon.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the facility, equipment and operational staff. In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for executing the strategic and operational plan for his/her airport base through strong leadership and relationship building. The position will focus on safety, developing our people, delivering a consistent experience while aggressively managing costs within their control.
- Oversee the safety of our people, equipment, and aircraft, and ensure the airline customers’ needs are continuously met to the highest standard;
- Have a complete understanding of all contract terms, charges, etc. and ensure maximization of revenue for each carrier handled;
- Provide input and insight to the Head Office team on process changes and/or innovations to improve operational performance, profitability and our people;
- Plan, oversee and achieve the Key Performance Objectives for the station; and
- Understand and fit with SA values.
- 5 years airline operational leadership experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years business leadership experience with proven track record in:
- Managing an operational budget
- Leading a team to deliver superior customer service to a variety of customers
- Developing effective leadership teams
- Effecting change through influence
- Proficient in PC based applications: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety in the workplace, including safety requirements and reporting methods as per Provincial and Federal Labour Standards
- Exceptional communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, both written and oral
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons or facts
- Above average organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude to motivate our people
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required, and be on-call 24/7
- Proven ability to:
- Interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Develop and lead effective teams to meet operational and performance targets
- Prepare for and respond to unforeseen changes/challenges related to safety and operations performance
- Work well under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate a safety focused mindset
Strategic Aviation offers a competitive compensation package including Group Health Benefits.
CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO PERMANENTLY WORK IN CANADA, OR PRESENTLY HAVE THE REQUIRED APPROVALS TO WORK IN CANADA
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format with the job number (*YMM-OPSMGR/13-01*) in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates who apply – due to time constraints however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.