Strategic Aviation Services has an immediate opening for a
Ground Services Equipment (GSE) Mechanic at our Fort McMurray base.
Strategic Aviation Services - Overview
Strategic Aviation (SA) is an emerging aviation services company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services to businesses centered around aviation in Canada. SA currently provides ground services at a range of Tier 2 airports in B.C., Alberta, NWT and the Yukon.
Location: Fort McMurray (YMM)
- Full Time
- $80,000 - $100, 000 salary (depending on qualifications and experience)
The GSE Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, de-icing trucks, push-back tugs, air start units, ground power units and other ground services equipment. The candidate must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, dismantle, align, assemble and adjust mechanical equipment and machinery to maintain it in efficient operating condition. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
Job Duties - Summary
- Provide vehicle troubleshooting and diagnostic repairs
- Experience working with commercial equipment, machinery and vehicles
- Conduct first, second and third line repairs, modifications on vehicles
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repairs to GSE in order to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate
- Maintain safe working conditions and adhere to occupational health and safety regulations
- Assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules
- Perform in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training
- Red Seal Certification Preferred (3IOS or 3IOT)
- Proven mechanical abilities in gas and diesel automotive repairs
- 2 years minimum experience as a Mechanic
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Knowledge or experience with furnaces/pumps/hydraulics/electronics
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- 24/7 on call availability
- Physical ability to lift up to 70lb
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors in adverse weather conditions
CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO PERMANENTLY WORK IN CANADA.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources with the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates who apply – due to time constraints however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.