Strategic Aviation Services has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time Finance - Controller at our Head Office in Kelowna.
We are seeking an energetic and hands-on Controller to ensure that the financial needs of the company are addressed in an effective and professional manner. This role will work closely with the CFO to meet our corporate goals and objectives. The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning; debt financing and budget management functions as well as ensuring company accounting procedures conform under GAAP. This role will also be actively involved in driving the continuous development of the operational reporting processes using various software programs.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department including A/R, A/P, and payroll functions
- Manage the daily, weekly and monthly financial activities that are required to produce monthly/annual financial statements, forecasts and analysis
- Coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Cash management duties including bank reconciliations and closely monitoring account activities
- Manage short-term investments, loan positions and requirements, and electronic banking
- Review, evaluate and administer corporate insurance program
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal tax and reporting requirements
- Review and evaluate internal controls with view to continuous improvement
- Train, supervise and evaluate direct reports (1-2 Clerks)
- Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for accounting department
- Ad hoc duties: analyze company leases and contracts
- Possess a CA, CMA or CGA designation
- 3-5 years of experience in finance or accounting position
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations
- An understanding of budgeting and cost controls for multi-location business
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare accurate financial reports, statements and projections
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Highly organized, efficient and focused with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with ability to complete tasks accurately and on schedule
- Mature and skilled ability to build solid respectful relationships
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code and Averaging Agreements would be an asset
Strategic Aviation Services - Overview
Strategic Aviation Services (SA) is an emerging aviation services company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services to Tier 2 airports in B.C., Alberta, NWT and the Yukon. The head office in Kelowna, BC, is adjacent to the Kelowna International Airport.
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefit package. Position available immediately.
If you are seeking a challenging role with a progressive organization, please submit your cover letter and resume with CORP-Fin/Controller13-01 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, due to time constraints, only qualified candidates will be contacted.