*POSITION TITLE*: Ramp Agent
*PRIMARY LOCATION*: Whitehorse, Yukon
*SCHEDULE*: 3 hours per day (11:00am-2:00pm)
*JOB TYPE*: Part Time (May-Oct)
*NUMBER OF OPENINGS*: Three
*COMPETITION NUMBER*: YXY-RA/13-01
*WAGE*: $20 per hour
Strategic Aviation (SA) is an emerging aviation services company offering a rapidly-broadening range of passenger, cargo and ground support services to businesses centered around aviation in Canada. SA currently provides ground services at a range of Tier 2 airports in B.C., Alberta, NWT and the Yukon.
Strategic Aviation provides Ground Services support to WestJet for their seasonal service to Whitehorse. The service runs from early May to late October, seven days a week. Ramp Agent shifts will be 3 hours per day from 11:00am, to 2:00pm - 5 days on and 2 days off.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Marshall or tow arriving and departing aircraft to gate position
- On-load/off-load cargo and passenger baggage
- Servicing of aircraft lav/water/GPU/Heat Cart
- Grooming of aircraft cabin
- De-icing aircraft
- Ensure necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area and bag room for upcoming flights
- Available for shift work: weekends/stat holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work on a permanent basis in Canada (either Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant)
- Must possess a full unrestricted driver’s licence and provide a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to obtain airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record and residential history
- Able to lift heavy objects weighing up to 75 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to work in fast paced energetic environment
- Must be able to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- All Ramp Agents will be provided with applicable training
- Actively participate in SA’s Safety Management System including reporting hazards and incidents encountered
- Focus on safety awareness and training
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume
Please include the competition number YXY-RA/13-01 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only selected candidates will be contacted.