The Training Coordinator is responsible for improving overall call centre performance and profitability by organizing and conducting the training of callers on fundraising and other types of calling. Additionally this position would update and improve related training materials in consultation with Call Centre managers.
This is a permanent part time (minimum 24 hours per week) unionized position requiring some flexibility in hours which may include some evening and weekends. Hourly pay is in accordance with the Collective Agreement, and starts at $19.49 per hour.
Reporting to Call Centre Manager or Performance Manager
- Conducts start up training for new callers on fundraising, research and voter contact (including types of programs, techniques, etc.)
- Participation in general orientation of new callers.
- Conducts supplementary training/coaching for callers as identified by the Performance or Call Centre Manager
- Liaison with callers/managers to ensure training program is effective.
- Facilitates mentoring/skill sharing as identified by the Performance or Call Centre Manager.
- Makes recommendations for updating and improving training manuals, materials
- Updates training materials under the supervision of the Performance or Call Centre Manager
- Takes notes at client briefings, prepares summaries.
- Some program/new client training.
- Make recommendations to Call Centre Managers on training needs.
- Identifies and reports performance problems and successes.
- Liaison with Vancouver Training Coordinator.
- Reports general problems to Call Centre Manager
- Other duties reasonably related to the position as assigned
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years call centre training experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Call centre experience in tele-fundraising a definite asset
- Excellent and proven organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills, (MS Office including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Strong and proven attention to detail
- Excellent and proven attendance
- Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Written and oral French language skills an asset
STRATCOM is an award winning fundraising and communications firm with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and the UK. We help non profits, advocacy groups, unions and political candidates become more effective in their work.
STRATCOM is committed to workforce diversity and actively recruit people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives reflecting the community in which we live and work. We provide an excellent employee benefit package and competitive salary as well as the opportunity for growth.
Deadline for applications is close of business February 24, 2014.
To apply submit a resume and cover letter to:
Attention: HR Manager
Please reference TRAINING COORDINATOR in the subject line
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE