Job Summary: Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control and quality assurance programs designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Interprets quality assurance philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Creates and implements inspections criteria and procedures.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Provides inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Applies quality management and quality assurance tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Works with vendors to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use
- Creates and directs environmental test functions
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Plays active role on quality management teams within organization.
- Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in oil and gas manufacturing and/or service and five years in supervision
- Trained in the ISO 9001 quality management systems and internal auditing. Training in API Q1/Q2 quality management systems as asset
Please only only if you meet our minimum Experience requirements. We thank all that apply, but will contact only those selected for an interview.