Strait Regional School Board Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Enjoyable work site
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Hood, NS22 April 2017
Great teaching and support staff who take pride in the school. Love the fact that I am consulted by school admin on most facets of building safety. Sit as co-chair for the JOSH committee for the past 16 years.
My typical day is overview of outside state of property (garbage, lawns, fire equipment, playground equipment. Then inside the school check boilers, oil levels, Air Handling equipment, overall cleanliness of the school, ensuring that janitorial staff completed all their duties. Check virtual energy system operation. Tend to repairs that might be required anywhere on the property. This could involve some plumbing, electrical or mechanical issues. Jack of all trades sort of speak. Tend to queries that admin or teacher might have, or my janitorial staff have from personnel to professional issues. Arrange for replacement of staff when needed thru the AESOP management system. Then attend to the preventative maintenance program that schedules work for the week.
As for my remaining responsibilities I control and respond to fire alarms or B&E alarms 24/7. Plan for more intensive work that has to be performed when staff/students are not present. Address any OH & S issues.
Pros
Confidence of my manager and school admin staff
Cons
Lack of funding for some aspect of work, but budgets are challenging so we make due with what's available.
Janitor
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Richmond Education Center Academy2 November 2016
Cleaning of school after students have been dismissed for the day….Great co-workers , helpful and respectful…Job is not hard, but got to use your time wisely to get the required done completely and effectively….The enjoyable part of the job is when you come together to complete a job...
Pros
Proper equipment and supplies..
Cons
Not replacing on absent on first day
Working with High School age students is wonderful.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond County2 May 2014
The day is quite busy, starting early and ending later, but very rewarding.
Coworkers are terrific, assisting whenever needed. You never feel along in your career.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the mounds of paperwork that is required.
The most enjoyable part of the career is the interaction and seeing success of our graduates.
Pros
The thank you's
rewarding work place
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS31 July 2012
A typical day at work is picking up children at their homes & delivering them to school & then returning them back home safely. I injoy working with children & I really injoy helping special needs children of all ages. It is a very rewarding job that I very important in my life & also the lives of the children & their parents that I deal with every day. I am working with children with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, ADD & ADHD. I have sat in on training sessions for understanding & dealing with persons with all types of disabilities. I would like to continue to work with persons with disabliities & be able to assist them.
Pros
the end result to helping others.
Cons
stress, working in adverse weather, dealing with irate parents.