Strabag

Strabag Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fair company to work for
Millwright (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 28, 2014
management seem to work against each other to show who is better than the other.
Glad to be out
concrete bulkhead carpenter (Former Employee), niagara fallsNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great money, lots of hours
Cons: probably will end up with cancer, money is no good when you're dead
Little or no regard for saftey. Push, push, push..taking short cuts and handing out pay offs for health and saftey/quality control inspections to turn a blind eye. Yikes!
A great run
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 7, 2013
Repair and maintenance on a wide spectrum of equipment and vehicles above and below ground
Good Company and workers to work with.
Truck driver / equipment operator/ labour (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Start the day with a safety talk with on going projects and new. Check over the equipment and report any problems.
Management and co works are hard workers. Looking to get projects done in a safe manner to dead lines.
no family time
Maintenance Millwright TBM Expert, TBM Forman (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: work experiance
Cons: lond hours
lots of work but over all i had a good time money is good they dont care about you or your life just want to work you in the ground but the money was great and i came everyday
Good and Professional workplace
Construction and Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 28, 2012
Cunstruction and Maintanence of all kind of electrical equipment on and underground.
Good planes work.
Nice and friendly co-workers
The hardest part of the job is up to 70 hours weekly
Every day new progects are most enjoyble and interesting part of a job.
good
Survey Engineer (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 2, 2012
good pay. 60 hours per week. two weeks vocation per year. no benefit.
Interesting company with German culture
Project Manager (Former Employee), GöteborgMay 22, 2014
It was quite interesting being a project manager trying to get the first contract for STRABAG Rail on Northern soil.

It was a success and the first contract was won on Swedish soil.
Tunnel builder (Former Employee), Bátaszék, HungaryJanuary 27, 2014
Tunnel building, heavy machine operator VOLVO A30F.....................
Amazing place to learn and prosper
Commercial manager (Current Employee), Belgrade, SerbiaMay 14, 2013
Pros: multynational enviroment, huge projects, amazing enviroment to learn and prosper
Cons: can't think of any
Strabag is one of the biggest European construction company.
Being the biggest bears not only good reputation of doing amazing projects but also bares huge responsibility towards its own employees. Educating and preparing them for the real world situations is top priority. Some would say that learning by doing is the way to go but people at Strabag – more... besides this hands-on approach gets to know the basics and some advanced skills way before possible problems even appear. Having amazing knowledge and skills along with experience of senior managers is a way to go.

I'm in this company for just over 6 years I managed to learn quite a lot .. mostly from my direct superior (Commercial/Financial Director) and from Deputy General Manager. Huge knowledge and experience from both of them were transferred to me during 3 major projects we all together worked on.

When it comes to Building Constructions and Civil Engineering there is no better company to recommend than Strabag! – less
Productive and fun work place
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), DarmstadtJanuary 24, 2013
I was welcomed very friendly and I was being treated with respect despite me studying arts and not engineering. The salary was very good and I enjoyed getting insight into a profession about which I had hitherto no knowledge. This lead me to appreciate the work engineers and contractors do on a day-to-day basis.
I enjoyed working for STRABAG
Culture and attitude
BDD (Facility Management) (Former Employee), MoscowJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: good salary, big name
Cons: beaurocractic
Culture and attitude demand major improvement. The atmosphere and interaction should be made more encouraging and motivating. Communication should be made more open and less beauracratic. Structures should be made flat. The principle of mentoring employees would improve the situation instead of overlooking, administering and directing. The company (for – more... the first time in my career) did not provide any training or at least introduction for that position.
Management should encourage employees and not make sure that mistakes should be avoided at all costs. All in all, old, big, bureaucratic company where one could probably work for years but is not for those who want to learn, apply, develop and contribute more without being limited by rigid instructions and unwritten rules.

I found that most colleagues were really friendly and helpful and a pleasure to work with. Interesting and enjoyable was for me to finally enter real estate (for I had been dreaming about it and also studying for my MSc in Real Estate in Reading) and to talk finally the language of what I learned in my studying material and apply this. This was the best part of it. The feeling - AT LAST I AM ON BOARD!

What I did not like: intrigues and gossiping sometimes they prevailed over the actual work. Management in HQ in Europe was totally disinterested over what was going on in Moscow, my report about activities in the assigned territory was not discussed. The sales plan was increased (by 100%) which was ok, BUT none of my supervisors provide any support or assistance to help. This created a demotivating climate.

Thus, the company is not for everybody. Some may say it is great to work for such a company, but not me. – less
i enjoy to work with my friends in that company clinic
hard working,punctuality and efficiency. (Current Employee), abudhabiSeptember 21, 2012
I can learn several kinds of advanced equipment for using in our clinic. Also learn more different kinds of injuries and how to give fist aid for emergency causes. i enjoyed to work in our clinic with my co-workers. Those people also to teach me and help in to my work.
Nicht mein Unternehmen
Bauleitender Poiler (Current Employee), TOctober 28, 2014
Pros: zu 40% ok
Cons: keine zukunftsperspektive für mich
Struktur im Unternehmen finde ich sehr schwach

Keine Vorgaben, sehr viel durcheinander
keine klare Vorgabe
ocena ogólna pozytywna
mistrz budowy (Former Employee), Katowice, SLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: -terminowe wypłaty wynagrodzenia
Cons: czas pracy w moim przypadku jak dla kadry kierowniczej
-praca w moim przypadku powyżej 10godz
-Fachowa kadra zarządzająca
-Rozwój zawodowy dotyczy kadry kierowniczej
-dobra atmosfera na poziomie majstrów i niektórych kierowników
-trudne kontakty z wyższą kadrą zarządzającą.
-nie miałem problemów zawodowych.
straßenbauer
Straßenbauer (Former Employee), berlinJune 19, 2014
abwechslungsreiche arbeiten im tiefbau so wie im asphaltbau
Internationaal bedrijf.
Receptioniste (Former Employee), Nieuwendijk, NBApril 10, 2014
Taken die ik uitvoerde: In- en uitgaande post afhandelen, telefoneren, e-mail afhandelen, gasten ontvangen en voorzien van koffie/thee. Archiveren, bestelling plaatsen en afhandelen.
Достойная и своевременная заработная плата
Начальник строительного участка (Former Employee), Сочи, JUZApril 3, 2014
Pros: предоставление личного автотранспорта
Cons: временное трудоустройство
ежедневно (7 дней в неделю) контролировал качество работ выполняемых субподрядчиками. Научился работать:
- с большим количеством подрядчиков;
- на объекте государственной важности;
- с иностранцами.
Моими коллегами были люди не только со всей России но и иностранцы (немцы, сербы, румыны, австрийцы, украинцы и др.).
Самым трудным стало расставаться с – more... коллегами по окончанию стройки, отличный был коллектив межнациональный такой уже наверно не соберется. Самым приятным стало то, что мы все таки достроили олимпийскую деревню и сдали ее в срок. Спортсмены приезжающие перед олимпиадой были довольны. – less
sehr nette Leute, produktives Arbeiten
UB4W Sekretariat (Former Employee), WienNovember 27, 2013
Sekretariatsaufgaben wie kopieren, Kaffee zubereiten, Meetings organisieren, Büromaterial bestellen
fajnie sie pracowało
operator koparko-ładowarki (Former Employee), szczecin zachodniopomorskieNovember 21, 2013
pracowało się dobrze mila atmosfera była moja ocena to jest 4,5 w skali od 1 do 5