Storypanda is Hiring Programmers!
Storypanda is an interactive company that creates digital products and media properties for young families. Storypanda’s mission is to connect families through storytelling using a variety of platforms including; mobile, web, TV/film, games, toys, and educational.
Storypanda Books is a collaborative way for families to read together. The latest version is for the iPad and is a perfect way to make reading fun and educational by encouraging kids to read, create and share stories.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Product Development Director, the Junior Programmer will be responsible for developing ongoing platform features for Storypanda Books. You will have hands-on ownership of various features with the goal of making our product more engaging, interactive and fun! At Storypanda you’ll have the opportunity to learn iOS programming on the job while developing product for the next generation of children’s media.
What We are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- At least 1 -2 years experience working in a software or mobile development environment;
- Experience developing and launching a personal project that has been released on the web or an app store is an asset;
- Strong C or C++ programming skills required;
- Python scripting, Linux / Hobbyist a plus;
- Self-motivated team player who is adaptable to changing priorities and thrives in dynamic creative settings - If you need structure, this job is not for you;
- Solid critical thinking and decision making skills;
- Supports continuous improvement and innovation and will contribute fresh ideas.
We are a small and collaborative team who value high quality work, innovative ideas and entrepreneurial drive. In return, we offer the opportunity for you to work alongside an experienced team and the chance to see your ideas turn into real products.