Stork Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
senior technician (Current Employee), De MeernApril 23, 2016
Cons: No breaks untill job is done
I do a lot of preventive maintenance and corrective maintenace.
Learn a lot about safety.
I'm deligate to a gas-plant in alkmaar so deal more with the management there.
I'm work mostly individual but can go well with co-workers.
Hardest part finding trouble shooting on your own.
Enyoyable part: we are like one family
productive and fun place
Trainee level in accountancy (Former Employee), IndiaApril 16, 2016
I was working six months as a trainee in payroll department and that was my first career and am good with that. I learned some points in my job.
its all to do with who you know
RPS (Former Employee), North SeaMarch 5, 2016
Pros: Good money, good training good stepping stone into the north sea
Cons: Bad management, paid of regular, just a number culture
Good stepping stone into the oil and gas industry. Stork has a culture of who you know rather than what you know. If your face fits and you have the right post code you should do well.

I received plenty of training whilst at stork and very good money but they have no loyalty to staff and have helped create the culture of been paid off after each trip rather than been held on the books
nice people
panel wirer (Former Employee), Southport, ENGJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: easy reach from home
Cons: salary
nice place to work,made redundant 30/11/15,this was due to the down turn in orders,we are in the gas and oil industry,and have found it hard going last year
Good Job
Sheet Metal Worker / Insulator (Current Employee), Offshore AberdeenDecember 18, 2015
Pros: 3 weeks off
Cons: 3 weeks offshore
I have worked for Stork for 13 years, but with the down turn in the price of oil we have had to take a pay cut and been moved to 3 on and 3 off rotas, the 3 weeks away are taking its toll on my home life so I feel it is time to look for something at home.
Strong Work Ethics and Good Sense of Team Spirit
Proposals Engineer (Current Employee), AberdeenNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Development of communication and team working skills, confidence to present ideas and proposals to the Business Board, Brilliant colleagues
Cons: There are times when you would work very long hours
Being a Proposals Engineer means a typical day at work can be considered quite busy depending on the level of tenders/quotations that have come in.

This would mean juggling high volume work within restricted timescales without compromising on the quality of work. However this is made easier by excellent members of the team who would come together during periods of high workload and give each support and encouragement.

Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills are essential attributes and can take you a long way.

Even though at times it would be difficult to enjoy a work life balance, getting key results by winning tender's and opportunities for the company will make all hard-work and hours put in worth it.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Gym
Cons: Location
I have enjoyed my experience while working at stork. It is a great place where i have met lots of wonderful people. This is the company where you could definitely develop and climb the career ladder.
Office location is one of the disadvantage.
It's a job.
Quality (Current Employee), Washington, MOMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the pay isn't to bad.
Cons: the owner thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
If their was ever a place that needed a Union this is it. The owner is an a..hole, and the General Manager is too. They keep cutting benefits, and they don't feel bad about it. Also, if you turn in your 2 weeks notice you are fired on the spot. Unless , you are a lazy piece of s..t, then he will offer you more money to stay. This place is horrible for having their little favorites, who do nothing, and are overpaid.
Great Platform to work on.
MDO/Scaffolder Armada Platform (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTJanuary 12, 2015
The BG Armada Platform is a great place to work and i work with a great bunch of lads.
Good work, Good pay and Good people
NDT TECHNICIAN/ROPE ACCESS LEVEL 2 (Current Employee), AberdeenDecember 5, 2014
Pros: good work force
Cons: not very consistant work
-Inspection of pipelines
-Ultrasonic and Magnetic Particle
-Report writing for clients
Good salary accompanied with substantial leave time. Poorly managed personnel.
Offshore Safety Advisor and Coach, UK (Current Employee), Dyce Aberdeen, UKNovember 17, 2014
Pros: excellent salary and time off
Cons: being away from home. job security.
I conduct regular site visits to ensure compliance with company and client policy and procures. Consulted on safety matters concerning health and well being, operations, engineering and construction.

Management of personnel is relatively poor with little to no communication from the office supporting the offshore workforce.

The hardest part for me is being away from home but the workforce lighten the load with good morale.
Productive & good place to work
LOLER Focal Point / Deck Foreman (Current Employee), golden eagleOctober 2, 2014
Pros: safety
Cons: no traveling exp
Productive & good place to work and safe
good management learning all the time
Offshore contracter for BP
SPRAT II Rope Access Tech (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: plenty of over-time
Cons: rarely home
We work 14 hours for three weeks with two weeks off. It's Steady work and great experience to display leadership in a fast-pace oil and gas industry.
A nice place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee), Houston, TxMay 9, 2014
I enjoy working at Stork. It's a fun atmosphere with a young energetic group. Also, the Senior Management team is very approachable and makes the group feel comfortable.
productive and fun place to work
Aberdeen HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 5, 2014
Why am I having to write this 5 times when I already said this yes stork was great
Productive and a workplace with good comunication and fun
LEAD ENGINEER / MECHANIC (Current Employee), ArubaNovember 3, 2013
Go do my work with happiness. i learn to be happy the communication is so good as perfect.

Management is good. and coworkers are o.k.

Working in the son is hard.
Enjoyable part of my job is to get every time, my work ready on time.
Stork was a great place to work (staff wise) I really got on with all my colleagues.
Scaffolder (Former Employee), UK seasOctober 8, 2013
Stork was an ad hoc position where the staff and culture was great. to be honest I enjoyed my time with Stork but the ad-hoc was proving to be a bit straining on my financial side of things and I needed to look elsewhere.
Good offshore starter experience
General Assistant offshore (Former Employee), North SeaJune 12, 2013
Good offshore starter experience.
Great work colleagues
excellent induction to project and company
organisation and payroll need to come along side the rest of the company
productive
mechainc (Former Employee), Trinidad, COJune 11, 2013
Pros: going training and bess safety pratice
Cons: not permentant contract short tearm cant move up
typical day at stork is normal iv learn a lot at stork mechanic safety at the highest level confined space bolt torqueing a little, get to go offshore an i love it no job is to hard cus i lik what i do workinging offshore,but the pay not good i have a family to care for money to smalll to work they can do better ,management only promises
BUZZARD PLATFORM
RIGGING SUPERVISOR / LOLER FOCAL POINT (Current Employee), BUZZARD PALTFORMApril 12, 2013
Pros: sky tv system in every cabin
Cons: no lifts
THE BUZZARD PLATFORM IS A LARGE PRODUCER OF OIL AND A VERY BUSY PLACE TO WORK, AS WELL AS THE 4 JACKETS, THERE IS CURRENTLY 2 JACK UP RIGS ATTACHED VIA FIXED BRIDGES.