Stork Employee Reviews

productive and skilled people
Online leaksealing technician (Current Employee) –  united Arab eremitesMay 2, 2016
. i m always waiting calls of client on round the clock base.

. i learned ndt and heat treatment jobs
.management is great and always be with technician
. we work as a team . some time i have to do job alone with un skilled technicians. im always in lead in all kind of leak sealing job.
. working with unskilled technician
.when the last drop of leak will stop. that is the enjoyable part of the job
senior technician (Current Employee) –  De MeernApril 23, 2016
I do a lot of preventive maintenance and corrective maintenace.
Learn a lot about safety.
I'm deligate to a gas-plant in alkmaar so deal more with the management there.
I'm work mostly individual but can go well with co-workers.
Hardest part finding trouble shooting on your own.
Enyoyable part: we are like one family
Cons
No breaks untill job is done
its all to do with who you know
RPS (Former Employee) –  North SeaMarch 5, 2016
Good stepping stone into the oil and gas industry. Stork has a culture of who you know rather than what you know. If your face fits and you have the right post code you should do well.

I received plenty of training whilst at stork and very good money but they have no loyalty to staff and have helped create the culture of been paid off after each trip rather than been held on the books
Pros
Good money, good training good stepping stone into the north sea
Cons
Bad management, paid of regular, just a number culture
Workers are skilled and good at their jobs
WELDER/ROPE ACCESS TECH LV III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2016
Normal day would be a lot of paperwork, go over Dailey jobs, job safety, toolbox talks, and SIMOPS, Co-workers are always good and knowable to work with.
Cons
heath care and benifits
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  LancasterApril 11, 2016
Maintaining the cleanliness of the work place making sure all the pots were cleaned an ready for service , keeping up with a very quick work rate, preparing food ready to be served
productive and fun place
Trainee level in accountancy (Former Employee) –  IndiaApril 16, 2016
I was working six months as a trainee in payroll department and that was my first career and am good with that. I learned some points in my job.
Good Job
Sheet Metal Worker / Insulator (Current Employee) –  Offshore AberdeenDecember 18, 2015
I have worked for Stork for 13 years, but with the down turn in the price of oil we have had to take a pay cut and been moved to 3 on and 3 off rotas, the 3 weeks away are taking its toll on my home life so I feel it is time to look for something at home.
Pros
3 weeks off
Cons
3 weeks offshore
Strong Work Ethics and Good Sense of Team Spirit
Proposals Engineer (Current Employee) –  AberdeenNovember 25, 2015
Being a Proposals Engineer means a typical day at work can be considered quite busy depending on the level of tenders/quotations that have come in.

This would mean juggling high volume work within restricted timescales without compromising on the quality of work. However this is made easier by excellent members of the team who would come together during periods of high workload and give each support and encouragement.

Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills are essential attributes and can take you a long way.

Even though at times it would be difficult to enjoy a work life balance, getting key results by winning tender's and opportunities for the company will make all hard-work and hours put in worth it.
Pros
Development of communication and team working skills, confidence to present ideas and proposals to the Business Board, Brilliant colleagues
Cons
There are times when you would work very long hours
nice people
panel wirer (Former Employee) –  Southport, ENGJanuary 4, 2016
nice place to work,made redundant 30/11/15,this was due to the down turn in orders,we are in the gas and oil industry,and have found it hard going last year
Pros
easy reach from home
Cons
salary
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTOctober 1, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience while working at stork. It is a great place where i have met lots of wonderful people. This is the company where you could definitely develop and climb the career ladder.
Office location is one of the disadvantage.
Pros
Gym
It's a job.
Quality (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOMarch 3, 2015
If their was ever a place that needed a Union this is it. The owner is an a..hole, and the General Manager is too. They keep cutting benefits, and they don't feel bad about it. Also, if you turn in your 2 weeks notice you are fired on the spot. Unless , you are a lazy piece of s..t, then he will offer you more money to stay. This place is horrible for having their little favorites, who do nothing, and are overpaid.
Pros
the pay isn't to bad.
Cons
the owner thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Good salary accompanied with substantial leave time. Poorly managed personnel.
Offshore Safety Advisor and Coach, UK (Current Employee) –  Dyce Aberdeen, UKNovember 17, 2014
I conduct regular site visits to ensure compliance with company and client policy and procures. Consulted on safety matters concerning health and well being, operations, engineering and construction.

Management of personnel is relatively poor with little to no communication from the office supporting the offshore workforce.

The hardest part for me is being away from home but the workforce lighten the load with good morale.
Pros
excellent salary and time off
Cons
being away from home. job security.
Different calture than N.A but over all is OK
Designer/drafter (Former Employee) –  NetherlandsApril 26, 2012
The company is good if you can speak Dutch.
I wasn't speaking Dutch so I was not invited at their meeting and I didn't know what is going on with the job.
The culture is different than N.A very liberal,very civil to each other but also very annoying when people talking very loud or singing during working hrs beside you.Not to mention that you have to brink coffee for every body in the office from the coffee machine every day.(coffee was free).
Pros
was a ok place to work
Cons
you have to speak dutch
I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges and my fellow co-workers at Stork.
Head of Gauging (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 15, 2013
I worked day shift for Stork for 14 years. I dealt with all departments daily. I oversaw employees in the gauging department and set up gauging myself.
I enjoyed working alongside my co-workers.
Everything that I know about machining I learned at Stork by watching, listening, communicating, and some training.
I learned a lot about overseeing and communicating with my employees from the management at Stork.
The hardest part of being Head of Gauging was ensuring that deadlines were met successfully.
mechainc (Former Employee) –  Trinidad, COJune 11, 2013
typical day at stork is normal iv learn a lot at stork mechanic safety at the highest level confined space bolt torqueing a little, get to go offshore an i love it no job is to hard cus i lik what i do workinging offshore,but the pay not good i have a family to care for money to smalll to work they can do better ,management only promises
Pros
going training and bess safety pratice
Cons
not permentant contract short tearm cant move up
STORK (SE&C) Jacob engineering & contractors B. V
HSSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeirEzor AFPCApril 6, 2013
August 1998 to August 2002 as HSE Supervisor.
Client: AFPC (Al Furat Petroleum Company) Shell / Syria
Company: STORK (SE&C) Jacob engineering & contractors B. V.
Project: flow line, pipelines, plant change proposal (pcp), beam pump & electrical submerge pump.
Pros
deirezor
Cons
syria
Stork was a great place to work (staff wise) I really got on with all my colleagues.
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  UK seasOctober 8, 2013
Stork was an ad hoc position where the staff and culture was great. to be honest I enjoyed my time with Stork but the ad-hoc was proving to be a bit straining on my financial side of things and I needed to look elsewhere.
Productive and a workplace with good comunication and fun
LEAD ENGINEER / MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  ArubaNovember 3, 2013
Go do my work with happiness. i learn to be happy the communication is so good as perfect.

Management is good. and coworkers are o.k.

Working in the son is hard.
Enjoyable part of my job is to get every time, my work ready on time.
productive good workforce
heat treatment technician (Former Employee) –  all over the ukMarch 21, 2013
start work at 7 am till finish learnt how to do heat treatment the hardest part of the job is setting it up.the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have done a good days work.
Pros
meal allowance
BUZZARD PLATFORM
RIGGING SUPERVISOR / LOLER FOCAL POINT (Current Employee) –  BUZZARD PALTFORMApril 12, 2013
THE BUZZARD PLATFORM IS A LARGE PRODUCER OF OIL AND A VERY BUSY PLACE TO WORK, AS WELL AS THE 4 JACKETS, THERE IS CURRENTLY 2 JACK UP RIGS ATTACHED VIA FIXED BRIDGES.
Pros
sky tv system in every cabin
Cons
no lifts