Stork Employee Reviews

Strong Work Ethics and Good Sense of Team Spirit
Proposals Engineer (Current Employee) –  AberdeenNovember 25, 2015
Being a Proposals Engineer means a typical day at work can be considered quite busy depending on the level of tenders/quotations that have come in.

This would mean juggling high volume work within restricted timescales without compromising on the quality of work. However this is made easier by excellent members of the team who would come together during periods of high workload and give each support and encouragement.

Excellent organisational, communication and time management skills are essential attributes and can take you a long way.

Even though at times it would be difficult to enjoy a work life balance, getting key results by winning tender's and opportunities for the company will make all hard-work and hours put in worth it.
Pros
Development of communication and team working skills, confidence to present ideas and proposals to the Business Board, Brilliant colleagues
Cons
There are times when you would work very long hours
Good salary accompanied with substantial leave time. Poorly managed personnel.
Offshore Safety Advisor and Coach, UK (Current Employee) –  Dyce Aberdeen, UKNovember 17, 2014
I conduct regular site visits to ensure compliance with company and client policy and procures. Consulted on safety matters concerning health and well being, operations, engineering and construction.

Management of personnel is relatively poor with little to no communication from the office supporting the offshore workforce.

The hardest part for me is being away from home but the workforce lighten the load with good morale.
Pros
excellent salary and time off
Cons
being away from home. job security.
I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges and my fellow co-workers at Stork.
Head of Gauging (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 15, 2013
I worked day shift for Stork for 14 years. I dealt with all departments daily. I oversaw employees in the gauging department and set up gauging myself.
I enjoyed working alongside my co-workers.
Everything that I know about machining I learned at Stork by watching, listening, communicating, and some training.
I learned a lot about overseeing and communicating with my employees from the management at Stork.
The hardest part of being Head of Gauging was ensuring that deadlines were met successfully.
Different calture than N.A but over all is OK
Designer/drafter (Former Employee) –  NetherlandsApril 26, 2012
The company is good if you can speak Dutch.
I wasn't speaking Dutch so I was not invited at their meeting and I didn't know what is going on with the job.
The culture is different than N.A very liberal,very civil to each other but also very annoying when people talking very loud or singing during working hrs beside you.Not to mention that you have to brink coffee for every body in the office from the coffee machine every day.(coffee was free).
Pros
was a ok place to work
Cons
you have to speak dutch
It's a job.
Quality (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOMarch 3, 2015
If their was ever a place that needed a Union this is it. The owner is an a..hole, and the General Manager is too. They keep cutting benefits, and they don't feel bad about it. Also, if you turn in your 2 weeks notice you are fired on the spot. Unless , you are a lazy piece of s..t, then he will offer you more money to stay. This place is horrible for having their little favorites, who do nothing, and are overpaid.
Pros
the pay isn't to bad.
Cons
the owner thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
productive
mechainc (Former Employee) –  Trinidad, COJune 11, 2013
typical day at stork is normal iv learn a lot at stork mechanic safety at the highest level confined space bolt torqueing a little, get to go offshore an i love it no job is to hard cus i lik what i do workinging offshore,but the pay not good i have a family to care for money to smalll to work they can do better ,management only promises
Pros
going training and bess safety pratice
Cons
not permentant contract short tearm cant move up
STORK (SE&C) Jacob engineering & contractors B. V
HSSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeirEzor AFPCApril 6, 2013
August 1998 to August 2002 as HSE Supervisor.
Client: AFPC (Al Furat Petroleum Company) Shell / Syria
Company: STORK (SE&C) Jacob engineering & contractors B. V.
Project: flow line, pipelines, plant change proposal (pcp), beam pump & electrical submerge pump.
Pros
deirezor
Cons
syria
Stork was a great place to work (staff wise) I really got on with all my colleagues.
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  UK seasOctober 8, 2013
Stork was an ad hoc position where the staff and culture was great. to be honest I enjoyed my time with Stork but the ad-hoc was proving to be a bit straining on my financial side of things and I needed to look elsewhere.
Good Job
Sheet Metal Worker / Insulator (Current Employee) –  Offshore AberdeenDecember 18, 2015
I have worked for Stork for 13 years, but with the down turn in the price of oil we have had to take a pay cut and been moved to 3 on and 3 off rotas, the 3 weeks away are taking its toll on my home life so I feel it is time to look for something at home.
Pros
3 weeks off
Cons
3 weeks offshore
Productive and a workplace with good comunication and fun
LEAD ENGINEER / MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  ArubaNovember 3, 2013
Go do my work with happiness. i learn to be happy the communication is so good as perfect.

Management is good. and coworkers are o.k.

Working in the son is hard.
Enjoyable part of my job is to get every time, my work ready on time.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTOctober 1, 2015
I have enjoyed my experience while working at stork. It is a great place where i have met lots of wonderful people. This is the company where you could definitely develop and climb the career ladder.
Office location is one of the disadvantage.
Pros
Gym
productive good workforce
heat treatment technician (Former Employee) –  all over the ukMarch 21, 2013
start work at 7 am till finish learnt how to do heat treatment the hardest part of the job is setting it up.the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have done a good days work.
Pros
meal allowance
BUZZARD PLATFORM
RIGGING SUPERVISOR / LOLER FOCAL POINT (Current Employee) –  BUZZARD PALTFORMApril 12, 2013
THE BUZZARD PLATFORM IS A LARGE PRODUCER OF OIL AND A VERY BUSY PLACE TO WORK, AS WELL AS THE 4 JACKETS, THERE IS CURRENTLY 2 JACK UP RIGS ATTACHED VIA FIXED BRIDGES.
Pros
sky tv system in every cabin
Cons
no lifts
Good offshore starter experience
General Assistant offshore (Former Employee) –  North SeaJune 12, 2013
Good offshore starter experience.
Great work colleagues
excellent induction to project and company
organisation and payroll need to come along side the rest of the company
Offshore contracter for BP
SPRAT II Rope Access Tech (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 16, 2014
We work 14 hours for three weeks with two weeks off. It's Steady work and great experience to display leadership in a fast-pace oil and gas industry.
Pros
plenty of over-time
Cons
rarely home
Good work, Good pay and Good people
NDT TECHNICIAN/ROPE ACCESS LEVEL 2 (Current Employee) –  AberdeenDecember 5, 2014
-Inspection of pipelines
-Ultrasonic and Magnetic Particle
-Report writing for clients
Pros
good work force
Cons
not very consistant work
A nice place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxMay 9, 2014
I enjoy working at Stork. It's a fun atmosphere with a young energetic group. Also, the Senior Management team is very approachable and makes the group feel comfortable.
Productive & good place to work
LOLER Focal Point / Deck Foreman (Current Employee) –  golden eagleOctober 2, 2014
Productive & good place to work and safe
good management learning all the time
Pros
safety
Cons
no traveling exp
Great Platform to work on.
MDO/Scaffolder Armada Platform (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTJanuary 12, 2015
The BG Armada Platform is a great place to work and i work with a great bunch of lads.
productive and fun place to work
Aberdeen HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTMay 5, 2014
Why am I having to write this 5 times when I already said this yes stork was great