INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER POSITION OPEN
At Storex, we believe that the key to success is to pioneer new markets through innovative and resourceful product design. We are seeking trailblazing designers to create world-class products through hard work and dedication. At our location in Montreal, we have a full-time and permanent position open for an Industrial Designer to help lead new projects and design automotive products.
A professional track record of successful product design from concept to manufacturing is a key consideration for this position. Being highly motivated and creative will drive the influences necessary for this role. However, analytical skills, problem solving, and communication is paramount to success.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Design and development of consumer products. Mockups and some design elements will be developed in conjunction with external suppliers who can provide aid in engineering, manufacturing, and fabrication
- Provide direction and guidance to the suppliers, communicate technical and design information, adapt and communicate design features and requirements, and follow the projects in detail.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with internal mechanical engineering and design as part of a team
An ideal candidate will have the following requirements:
- Proficiency in CAD software such as Solidworks and AutoCad
- You hold a degree in Industrial Design or relevant field
- Previous design experience
- Sketching ability is an asset but not required
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- A health benefits package
- An opportunity to work with a company that brings product innovation to the market rather than duplicating existing products.
Please send your CV and a portfolio of work in reply to this ad.
We are a large and independent plastics manufacturer who are always seeking to innovate consumer products and create new markets.