Storage for Your Life (www.sfyl.com) is a forward thinking, growing, local self storage company which values hard work and innovation. We are looking for an AMAZING PERSON to fill this very big, diverse and key role as Marketing Manager within the company. Personally you will need to be technically skilled, highly motivated, creative, and have a passion for learning new things, a proven self-starter, detail oriented, have strong organizational & facilitation skills in addition to having a strong background in marketing strategy & management.
This position is responsible for strengthening, expanding and developing our brand awareness and advertising program in a consistent way across all relevant mediums. It is responsible for leading the creative, strategic & advertising goals of the organization, maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives and providing effective management of the marketing, advertising & promotional activities of the company. Our target market is limited to the communities in which we operate.
- Update, develop & implement an updated graphic standards document for the company
- Developing & executing the graphic standards expectations throughout the company and its locations -- ensuring the message is clear internally & externally
- Developing & executing the annual marketing plan which details activities to follow during the year
- Provide ongoing leadership, drive & coordination in the design, development and execution of the marketing and advertising plan through various forms: web content; social media; display and print media; community involvement; store look & feel, etc.
- Lead marketing campaigns and track campaign performance
- Manage all internal and external marketing to ensure tactical and brand alignment of all projects, collateral and strategies
- Analysis of customer data, current market conditions and competitor information to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace
- Ensuring SEO, SEM and Social Media are maintained effectively and efficiently including referral sites, internet listings, website content, etc.
- Achieve semi-frequent, timely and positive media coverage when possible
- Write, review, and edit copy to ensure all content is on-message and the brand is properly represented at all times in all medium
- Ensure that deadlines and quality requirements are met
- Determining needs, requirements & standards for both internal & customer correspondence, collateral, announcements, newsletter, bulletin boards, location posters & signage, promotional materials, location specific needs, etc.
- Negotiate contracts as required
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
- Monitor, review & report on all marketing activity and results
- Determine & manage the marketing budget
- Collaborate in marketing and business development with senior executives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a Business degree with a focus in Marketing
- Business acumen; understanding of how business functions, decisions that affect it; Sales experience an asset
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Technical marketing skills including: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), WordPress, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) & Online Marketing Tools (Google: Adwords, Analytics)
- Good visual design sense and artistic ability
- Project Management ability and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to oversee all marketing, advertising & promotional activities of an organization
- Strong understanding of customer market dynamics and requirements
- Creative, eye for design
- Detail Oriented
- Good communication (both verbal and written)
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Tech savvy, current with all social media and internet marketing tools
- Quick with learning new software, data and reports
For the right person, this can be an excellent opportunity! We are a great team offering challenge, growth, and stimulation. Our office is easily accessible by transit; we are right next to skytrain station.
Please apply with Cover Letter and Resume indicating salary expectations.