STONY VALLEY CONTRACTING

STONY VALLEY CONTRACTING Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HARD WORK PLACE FRIENDLY CO WORKERS
LABOURER (Former Employee), FORT MCMURRATFebruary 6, 2015
ROCK CRUSHING SHOVELING TWISTING AND BENDING COLD IN WINTER HOT IN SUMMER. GREAT PLAC TO WORK IF YOU ENJOY A HARDS DAY 12 HOUR SHIFT
Good learning experience and positive relationships were formed
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: good people to work with and learn from
I gained an insurmountable amount of knowledge and skills from my co-workers who I became very good friends with over the last year and a half.
I would operate the tower which controls the plant, go on the grounds and do physical labor mixed with spotting things that were wrong with equipment and then fixing them.
I also put on several hundred hours in the 988 cat loader and 980 cat loader and became a very well versed operator. I also can run a wiggle wagon.
Stony Valley
Crusher Operator on a mobile crusher (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 14, 2014
I have learned a lot working at Stony Valley about, Crushers, Heavy Equipment, Many different configurations of trucks, Legal weights of trucks, servicing equipment.
Very good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 30, 2012
Pros: good work environment
Cons: long hours
Owners and office staff are amazing and great people. On site crews are just as good. I enjoyed working as part of the team at Stony Valley.
Good company to gain experience; tasks can include anything from equipment operating to welding
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Fort Mcmurray, AlbertaMarch 9, 2012
Pros: gainful experience
Cons: low wages
Stony Valley is a good workplace if you are looking to gain general work experience. Each employee has the opportunity to perform tasks which would normally be unnatainable without qusalification. The hours are normal(12hrs) but there is 2 hours drive time everyday with a 10 on- 4 off schedule.