StoneRidge Insurance Brokers Employee Reviews

Wonderful decision
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON11 January 2018
I've been in the industry for quite a few years and had never heard of StoneRidge. They are the brokerage you may not have heard of but you love to work for. While some previous reviews mention difficulty with support and management, I can assure you that is not the case. StoneRidge is a family no matter what office you work in. I decided to join and couldn't be happier.
Too much work and stress
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 October 2017
Not enough help to handle the workload ands computer system is slow. No real management and everyone left to do their own thing. Some sales people are rude and more than one employee left on stress leave.
Pros
Growing business
Cons
Not enough staff
Think twice before accepting a position here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 October 2017
Unprofessional atmosphere, workforce is disorganized and systems are slow and outdated. No obvious investment in improvements, staff comes and goes all the time. Agree with the other reviews mentioning excess of yelling and profanity, it adds to the unprofessionalism. Customers not well-served based on the above.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Unprofessional atmosphere
Go anywhere else
Commerial lines account manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON27 October 2017
If you enjoy being over worked, and having impossible work loads get a job at StoneRidge. The CSR splits are a joke. You can't talk to your clients on the phone unless you don't mind a bunch of profanity being yelled in the background. No professionalism. There is no team environment, just what is better for "me". There is no help, if you need help with something you are best to figure it out yourself because it won't come from anyone in the office. If you have any ideas on bringing any procedures to the office, don't, you will get shut down by management. The people are friendly and nice, great for friends but as a work environment its horrible.
Pros
The people
Cons
Profanity, workloads, non-management, no help, poor benefits..
The best workplace
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2017
Great office to work in. Management is friendly and supportive, comprehensive product, quick and educated service at market competitive pricing. Pleasure to work in such a good environment.
Great experience
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 October 2017
I was fortunate to be a StoneRidge summer student this year. It was my first office type job and I really enjoyed it. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I noticed how well certain groups worked together and admired their team approach. Even though I was just a summer student, the owner made a point of including me in meetings and events and it made me feel like one of the team. My hope is to teach when I finish school but I have to admit, I am now interested in insurance. If I change my plans, I hope to have an opportunity at StoneRidge because it is a great place to work.
Pros
Nice office and people
Fortunate to work at StoneRidge
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 October 2017
I have been on the StoneRidge team for eight years. I was at my last brokerage for 17 years and have not looked back. This is the perfect place to work if insurance is your vocation. Good old fashioned work ethic goes a long way here with countless opportunities. Clients are the priority at all times, they count on us and with a caring attitude they are well informed and protected. I am proud to work for StoneRidge!
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON27 September 2017
I enjoy working at StoneRidge Insurance, we are encouraged to deal with challenges and problems head on and not just accept the status quo. Yes this can lead to some long hours and stressful times, but I am always supported by my manager and peers and get a sense of accomplishment from a job well done.
Pros
Culture, Stimulating Environment, Great Group of People
Cons
Some Negative Team Members
Mixed review
Commercial Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 September 2017
Days go by very fast as there is a very heavy workload. Needed to put in over time due to the heavy workload. The systems need to be updated to meet the demands of the industry. Some of the staff is a real pleasure to work with and are a great group of people.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough team building
100% best place ever to work at
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON7 September 2017
Great people, great management the owner goes out of his way constantly to assist all, How he makes time for everybody is incredible. True sales culture make as much as you want
Pros
Great management assisstance
Great Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 September 2017
StoneRidge insurance is a great place to work, either in sales or a support role. Management fosters an entrepreneurial environment where hard work and dedication are rewarded. If you are a self driven, hard working and expect to see the best performers rewarded than this is the place to be. If you want to coast and ride on the coat tails of others you likely will not enjoy the office environment, and I expect that the negative comments on here reflect that type of attitude.
Pros
Entrepreneurial environment, compensation, not micro managed, encouraged to share ideas
Great Place
Commercial Lines Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 September 2017
Awesome place to work. Higher than industry standard in pay, great team atmosphere, room for advancement if you are willing to put the work in. Management team cares about the client and staff, open door policy for everyone, you are held accountable for your work and rewarded likewise.
Pros
Monthly lunches, pay, benefits, team atmosphere, local brokerage, very active in the community
Cons
None that I can think of
Great place to work.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 September 2017
What I loved about working at StoneRidge is the commitment of the owner. He is demanding, but always rewards good performance. I once had an account that I thought I was going to lose. I approached him and he immediately stepped in to help save the account. Most of the people in the office are great to work with and the team was incredibly supportive. Compensation was very competitive, and as a commissioned employee, there was no cap. The more business I brought in, the more I made. That isn't always the case in this industry.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 September 2017
I have enjoyed working here over the past 7 years. Great people to work with. Compensation was very good compared to other places I have worked in the past (including a pension plan). I also liked how the owner let staff leave early every Friday of long weeks.
Pros
Overall Compensation package
Cons
None significant enough to mention
High Performance Culture That Rewards Performance
Management (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON1 September 2017
StoneRidge Insurance is a great place to work. There is an open culture where hard work is encouraged and rewarded. If you are passionate about your career and put in the effort there is no better place to be. The management team is professional and provides opportunities for everyone to grow their knowledge and skills. If you put in the effort then you will be rewarded and compensated accordingly.
Pros
Culture, Professionalism, Opportunities to Grow, Compensation
Best brokerage to work for
Account executive (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 August 2017
Great team atmosphere and a management team that is supportive and wants to see you grow! The owner and managers have an open door policy! Lots of sales opportunities and no cap on commissions! A fast growing company that allows opportunity to advance and they encourage it! I only left as I moved to a different country! If I move back I would definitely go back to Stoneridge!
Pros
Great salary, leading commission structure, amazing team and management, great benefits and pension package
Cons
I can't think of any
No support, and vacume sales mentality
producer/account manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 June 2015
even the best carpenter needs a hammer. Over worked under paid and no support from management.
No advertising not even an ad in the phone book.
Zero involvement in the community not even a donation to the food bank.
The staff is all great but over worked,
management thinks it makes for a good employee when you come in on your holidays because you are so over worked the stress forces you to come in, even though you are already there till 7:00 every day!
Pros
staff are great to work with
Cons
everything else, low pay, sell sell sell, who cares abut service