Stokes Employee Reviews

Great sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 January 2017
I had no previous experience with sales beyond coffee and management trained well. Worked with people who loved their jobs, management gave raises fairly and deligated responsibilities.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Easy work
Productive day of stocking and selling
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 January 2017
My typical day at work for me was stocking shelves and selling kitchen product. I learned nothing. Management was okay. My co-workings helped me out when I need it. Most hardest part of my job was pushing the product. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to customers.
productive fun workplace.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 October 2016
had a great team and worked with wonderful people everyday. My team felt like a family and they took very good care of me. worked hard for a great manager.
Pros
met fantastic people
Cons
i had a hard time moving up
Fun, close-knit group, relaxed atmosphere.
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2016
Typical day at Stokes involved stocking/merchandising according to company standards, helping customers and performing cashier duties. Fairly standard.

Staff was a small group, close-knit and easy to get along with. The store atmosphere was relaxed and enjoyable.
Pros
relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, good coworkers, standard retail experience
Cons
not enough hours available
A typical corporate retail chain.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 May 2013
The Stokes company has an excellent focus on customer service and store presentation. When you're working with the right co-workers the day passes easily and tasks such as restocking and cleaning seem less monotonous.
In Management there seems to be a considerable amount of turnover and confusion. In five years my location went through 5 managers and almost as many District Managers. Also a number of store policies would change (particularly regarding merchandising and store plan) with little notice to the actual managers and staff that had to enact these new policies.
The hardest part of the job was managing the stock. Since there is no control at store level, and head office has little regard for store size and available space, shipments were often frustrating and stressful
Pros
Employee 20% discount
Cons
Much of the merchandise is cheaply made in PRC.
what management?
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS10 August 2015
this was the most drama filled work place i have ever been part of, the main reason i stayed was the great amount of hours they gave me. however i do not recommend this job if you are looking for a relaxing fun work place. the management is super disorganized and often not properly trained leading to frustration on all sides. conpinsation is also pretty bad for full and part time workers
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
very stressful
Not Bad place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 January 2015
a typical day at work would be standing behind the cash( serving customers and counting cash when the time came) intake of stock( includes un packaging, and sorting)
the coworkers were very nice , very understandable management
the hardest part of the job would be waiting fdor people to come into the store to buy if all other jobs were complete ( not a very challenging job)
the most enjoyable part of the job would deffinitly be the easiness of the job, and doing cashier work
Pros
good hours
Cons
the location of the job
A day into the holidays rush
Clerk - Stock (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC17 September 2015
Helping customers get items if from a high shelf or if they need help finding an item they need, clean the back room when needed and at the end of the day. Management is great, glad to offer more or less hours at the request of the employee and when possible.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
small and crowded
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 June 2013
typical day consisted of stocking the back room which was very overstocked.

i learned time management skills

management was poor had 2 people quit while i was employed

co-workers were very nice

hardest part of the job was remembering where all items were placed

don't have a most enjoyable part
Pros
friendly co-workers, discounts
Cons
terrribly crowded stockroom, poor management
Relaxed environment
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON6 November 2012
Working as a third key here was enjoyable for the first couple months. Management has improved since I left. It was easy to organize everything, and fun to improve the display features. However, the shelves in the back are very sharp around the edges, which often causes injury among the workers.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
sharp shelves
Great place to work!
Sales Consultant/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  sherwood park7 March 2014
Had a great time working at stokes learned a lot and had great opportunities thrown at me!
Pros
Great people to work with and awesome management
Cons
Short staffed
Fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 September 2013
Great place to work. Great training and management. Fun environment made by management.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Long mall hours
fun place to work
Part-time sale associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB13 May 2015
it is great place to work..the variety of product is great..busy all the time.wonderful place to work fun fun fun, enjoyed it.it was a great part time job
Productive Workplace With Friendly Staff
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 April 2015
One of the friendliest place to work, the staff always get along! If it wasn't for the small amount of hours that I receive, I would be sticking to this company by itself.
Pros
Always a joy to go to work
Cons
Not enough hours
Pleasant people to work with, advancement was possible if you had the experience.
Cashier, Assistant Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2013
There was always something new to learn everyday. Being able to explain the different products and uses to customers was fun and a learning experience eveyday
Pros
pleasant associates and customers
Cons
climbing 16' ladders was tricky.
Enjoyed working here
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB29 May 2013
Only worked here for a few months until I found full time but I enjyoed my time here - The manager and District manager were friendly and full of advice. I had great co-workers, and my hours were great while I was there. I learned alot about the product I was selling and still use it to this day.
GREAT SALES
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 August 2013
It was a short time experience working here , they employed for the holidays and they seemed to know their stuff and products but less their employees it was rather a cold establishment.
Pros
Busy place so you don't see the time past slow
Cons
SPLIT SHIFTS
work at Stokes
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2014
Most of the day is spent managing stock levels, Merchandising and organizing stock areas, Lots of product knowledge to learn. Great staff and great customers.
Sales driven workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, New Brunswick13 August 2013
Learned more about customer service and how to approach customers while being sales driven.
Très mauvais
3ème clé. (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC25 January 2017
J'ai été chez Stokes pendant environs 2 ans. Peu d'heures à donner, ils te poussent à vendre et t'envois des courriel limite haineux pour vendre alors qu'il n'y a aucune commission et de bonus. La norme salariale est le salaire minimum et ils agissent de façon cavalière avec les employés (le siège social). Tu es un numéro, rien de plus.
Vous vous cherchez un emplois ? Mauvaise idée et une mauvaise expérience assuré.
Pros
aucun?
Cons
mauvaise gestion de l'entreprise

2.7